Old 03-22-2021, 02:46 AM   #1
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Default Fades: apply curve change to all selected items

Here is what happens when multiple items are selected and the fade curve of one is adjusted via mouse modifier:

You can see me use a script at the end, kindly provided by daniellumertz on my request, which applies the fade curve to the other items. If I didn't have this script, I would have to edit each fade individually.

I hope you devs can at least add a mouse modifier at some point that says "Adjust fade curve relative edge edit" or similar (like it is for other modifiers) that adjusts the fade curves of all selected items together.

Others have suggested back when I asked for the script to make a FR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictim View Post
My brain is going over ideas on how to accomplish this, but my gut is saying this should be something you should bring up with the developers and have built in natively. Perhaps make similar posts about this in feature requests and the casa de nitpicks threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
here they need to have the exact same length to work the mouse mod. I would +1 if there is already an FR to it work in all selected makes sense to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictim View Post
I agree... To me, the expected behavior is for it to work no matter the length of the fades.. +1

P.S: for those interested in the script as temporary solution, here it is: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2349
Phazma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:43 AM   #2
Vagelis

+1 for Adjust fade curve relative edge edit modifier.

Regarding adjusting all curves, you don't need a script, you can change them all together from item properties fade in-out (curve) but it sucks because you have to type the values.

Also you can open the crossfade editor to adjust the curves with a knob, but sometimes it doesn't adjust the first item's curve.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:05 AM   #3
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
but it sucks because you have to type the values.
Which is why I am asking for this I know everyone has different preferences but I personally find working as much as possible with mouse + modifiers (musclememory) and as little as possible with menus and textboxes (cognitive workflow) the most immediate and creatively inspiring.
The script is still the best workaround as it gives the desired result with 1 single, additional keystroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Also you can open the crossfade editor to adjust the curves with a knob, but sometimes it doesn't adjust the first item's curve.
AFAIK the crossfade editor only works for crossfades and not fade-in/fade-out. I rarely use it because when dealing with crossfades I usually don't adjust multiple at a time and mouse usually gives enough flexibility. Still a very useful tool for precise crossfade editing of multiple items.
Phazma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:46 AM   #4
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
I personally find working as much as possible with mouse + modifiers
Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
AFAIK the crossfade editor only works for crossfades and not fade-in/fade-out
It works also for fades and curves but it's more for crossfades, you can adjust the curves like a "hack" but it doesn't adjust the curve of the first item.
SO if you have 3 items it will adjust the curves from second and third item.
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote