Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
TStranger
Human being with feelings

Default Windows Sounds and IO Config

Sorry to digress from the excellent Reaper topics here, but I have a question about my I/O configuration and Windows. Might even be a typical newbie issue, I dunno... I am fine with Reaper in regards to quality sound, latency and driver/channel management, etc.. All good there.

But when I run Windows events which generate sound or iTunes on my computer - I cannot get sound out of my speakers through my I/O without going into the sound setting in control panel, selecting my configuration of my I/O in Windows, and changing the Hz of output from 44.1 kHz to 96 kHz - and I have to do this each and every time I start up my computer, or I will not get iTunes music or Windows Media Player, or Windows Sounds or any other normal PC sounds to work without first making this change under Control Panel/Sounds/Configure/Advanced....

Is iTunes doing this? or is there some application which runs in the Registry file which I can edit to get it to quit setting my Windows Sound back to 44.1 kHz upon every boot up?

thanks, and back to Reaper...
TS
TStranger is offline   Reply With Quote