COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #1
lavrgs
Human being with feelings

Default When a song ends...

I play in a regular weekly Ninjam where the keyboard player is the main leader. As the songs gets close to the end he will say "one more time" and he ends the song...others still are playing.

It is my thought they they just don't care to stop, rather than it being a Ninjam sync thing... I usually take all the recorded tracks and select a few songs for people to hear and their post noodles are there and others have stopped on time...just curious

Last edited by lavrgs; 02-05-2021 at 12:03 PM.
lavrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:35 AM   #2
pljones

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....59#post2230659 pretty much for me, particularly the second of the two I posted.

It's hard to tell from your description.

You don't know where your 1 was in real time compared with the leader's 1. Was it just after or nearly a whole interval after? And you've no idea where anyone else's 1 is in relation to the leader's 1 or your 1. And the various participants could be "in time" with each other and following the leader off by an interval in different directions, etc.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #3
lavrgs

Based on this String...from your linked thread
T: ....,....|....,....|....,....|....,....|....,....|
A: a0......a1......a2......a3......
B:xxxxxxb0......b1......b2......b3......
C:xxxxxxxxxc0......c1......c2......c3......
D:xxxxxxxxxd0......d1......d2......d3......

On A @ a3 if the leader would say "last one" it looks like there would not be enough time for everyone to stop on A a3......!stop. Perhaps two full cycles would work>> @a2

added xxxx for better alignment

Last edited by lavrgs; 02-07-2021 at 09:41 AM.
lavrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #4
pljones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavrgs View Post
Based on this String...from your linked thread
Code:
T: ....,....|....,....|....,....|....,....|....,....|
A: a0......a1......a2......a3......
B:     b0......b1......b2......b3......
C:        c0......c1......c2......c3......
D:        d0......d1......d2......d3......
On A @ a3 if the leader would say "last one" it looks like there would not be enough time for everyone to stop on A a3......!stop. Perhaps two full cycles would work>> @a2

added xxxx for better alignment
It's not "not enough time". If "last one" is said on a NINJAM "normal" track on "1" of that client's interval, the other clients will hear it on the "1" of the interval after they receive the audio from the sending client. That cannot be before - in real time - the person said "last one", of course. But there's also no knowledge of how much after it was said it will happen. As I point out - C and D are so close to the end of the interval relative to A, one may just get the audio in time for the interval before the other - from A - yet have no problem with B's audio.

So A saying "last one" will affect B, C and D differently relative to each other. B and C may finish together - likely the interval after A, with D continuing a further interval. From A's perspective.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote