Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
kineticeon
Human being with feelings

Default multi-Project (run background projects) options

Hello,
( this happens with more than playtime, that is just what I am choosing to use now)

I am using playtime (and more) but one issue I am having is the infamous midi controller (IE launchpad or any) will trigger notes from previous(last) project if transpose is still playing on previous project.(which they want fixed in playtime)

I do not think that is where the correction is needed. I think it should be within the overall reaper functions just like the "run background projects" but a sub-function of that where you can choose midi/audio signal on/off so that background sound still plays but no midi/transpose/controllers can trigger when (next) project is selected.( you should still be able to lay in marker codes and functions).

I have read so many of these posts and threads about trying to do multiple things and running into that problem. I am sure beyond my live set other people need this and would be very useful to those multi tracking by using separate projects or many other creative ways this could be used. I am not sure if possible, but I am really throwing it out there any any place I can because I really want to use reaper and my setup to perform live WITHOUT stopping each song or having to run off a pre-set track with tempo marks.
I could have posted this in the playtime, or the code, and this may upset people that i posted it here and not in general. if so I am sorry. If I could do it I would....lol...
Old 05-31-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kineticeon View Post
I think it should be within the overall reaper functions just like the "run background projects" but a sub-function of that where you can choose midi/audio signal on/off so that background sound still plays but no midi/transpose/controllers can trigger when (next) project is selected.( you should still be able to lay in marker codes and functions).
Are you talking about running several projects in multiple project tabs? And when you have selected one project tab, the audio from the other tab would still run, but that project would not accept any (outside) MIDI control signals anymore?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
kineticeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Are you talking about running several projects in multiple project tabs? And when you have selected one project tab, the audio from the other tab would still run, but that project would not accept any (outside) MIDI control signals anymore?
YES exactly. someone brought it up somewhere lost in the playtime thread. I tried putting everything on one project but it became bloated and just down right dirty even trying to do sub projects. I have successfully set this up with 13 tabs (wish I could color code project tabs) evens=red, odds=blue or something. (different story) but I have SO many brick walls and limitations because midi triggers through all playing and tempos cannot be matched or synced.
I could write a 1 page blah blah about it.. I have been trying to working on this for a year now..