Old 12-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
stillshaded
Human being with feelings

Default Free the right click!

greetings.

Initially, I was like "ok, right click context menus- that is just one of the main paradigms of reaper"

but the more I got to thinking about it, the more I started to think that it kind of pointlessly goes against the core characteristic of Reaper, which is obviously maximum customization.

I feel that the most hardcore of users (which are the people who will be most attracted to Reaper), will not be using context menus as much, but instead be using key commands.

So why not have the option to remove the right click menus, and just clone all the left click mouse modifier assignment possibilities.

Granted, I don't really know jack about coding, so it may be that this is such a deep part of the program that it would be hard to change.

Personally for me, I would like to be able to do more functions using the right click within the piano roll and arrangement view.

I'm already very happy with Reaper, but I do think this is something I would use quite a bit given the option.
stillshaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Yea, there are so many better options now that I rarely use menus anymore. Would be really great for single right click to be added to mouse modifiers so we can just define what it does everywhere.

You can however use x-mouse button control (free) to replace right click with some other button, key or combinations while Reaper is active.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #3
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Yea, there are so many better options now that I rarely use menus anymore. Would be really great for single right click to be added to mouse modifiers so we can just define what it does everywhere.

You can however use x-mouse button control (free) to replace right click with some other button, key or combinations while Reaper is active.
I have yet to finder a quicker way to add an FX than right click over FX button.
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I have yet to finder a quicker way to add an FX than right click over FX button.
Menu diving is slow and often frustrating for me (when it decides to disappear suddenly, 3 layers deep). I just click a slot in the mixer to open fx browser. For fx I add often I use a script and a shortcut. E.g. "Q" on my keyboard adds my favorite EQ as an fx chain with mixer knobs if it doesn't exist, or toggles it floating for the selected track if it does.

Last edited by foxAsteria; 12-17-2018 at 05:26 PM.
foxAsteria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I have yet to find
try>

or,use sws resource folders-docked to either right/left of screen>dragdrop totally pre_setted chains,templates,images,videos=easy!
1click operations <is what we like!! =)

@op--the right click menus,can be super charged with customed actions = it's like dropping clusterbombs <> per click! or,2clicks...3clicks...4.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #6
TeleTwanger

Default Yes!

I want to use RightClick+Mousewheel to scroll tracks vertically. Normal Mousewheel is zooming, which is good. But I dont want to have to move the cursor to the left over the track list to scroll tracks.

I am not a keyboard shortcut user. At all. Much prefer a well designed mouse & menu interface. When in front of my rig, am almost always holding a guitar. Dont care to lean over and reach around the guitar to work a keyboard. Much prefer one-handing with a mouse.
TeleTwanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #7
Phazma

+1000!

Please add customisable right click modifiers!

The context menu I find most annoying is the item context menu. I have everything assigned to keyboard shortcuts and toolbar buttons and most stuff is accessible via the item properties dialog anyway. That context menu has no utility whatsoever for me and I wish I could do things like delete items with right-click among countless other things.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #8
Vagalume

Don't waste your time ... won't happen
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #9
TeleTwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagalume View Post
Don't waste your time ... won't happen
Luckily, I can live with just a smidgen of hope.
TeleTwanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #10
Vagalume

Lose your hope, it has been asked tons of times ... anyway Bri1's video is hillarious ... you can easily change almost anything in Reaper but the annoying things, sad but true.
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:05 AM   #11
tronce

Default for the sake of coherence

There is a preference "Mouse click/edit in track view changes track selection", it would be cool if this can apply to right click as well.

It works but only if right click in TCP, not in the arrange view.

I could make a custom action with "select track under mouse" at first but when the context menu is too long, it's not the track above which I right clicked that is selected but the one below the option I choose in the menu.

I tried to find a solution using a tiers software that makes able to assign custom keys combination for the mouse right click (left click first, then right click) but this stops the possibility to use right click drag (I use it for handscroll, @TeleTwanger: maybe you can try this in the mouse modifiers, you could use scroll browser-style too).

Thank you.
tronce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:19 PM   #12
abnegative

+1

I would like to right-click to deselect all piano roll notes.
abnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:26 PM   #13
Zmey79

+1
Zmey79 is offline   Reply With Quote