Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
ilovesoca
Human being with feelings

Default Windows 10 UWP API Integration for BLE MIDI handling from CME XKEY, Korg Microkey Air

Windows 10 UWP API Integration for BLE MIDI handling from CME XKEY, Korg Microkey Air

My BLE MIDI devices don't show up in Reaper's device list, or don't work properly. My CME Xkey air doesn't show up at all, and my Korg MicroKey Air shows up but "isn't found" or there's another error (sorry, I'll have to document it later).

Currently, I use MidiBerry to route the incoming CME XKey Air signal to a virtual Loopmidi port, which is then recognized by Reaper. I use WindsynthBerry

NewBodyFresher's MidiBerry and WindSynthBerry appear to be the only apps that can recognize and route Bluetooth midi signals from my XKey Air. A representative of CME itself said they don't know of any other software that implements Microsoft's UWP API for MIDI properly and they recommend purchasing a special hardware receiver, the WIDI Bud.

For the Korg MicroKey Air, using Korg's BLE driver, other MIDI routing apps like MidiTrix can also route incoming and outgoing signals to a loopMIDI port.

This appears to be the solution, but I don't know if it can be easily integrated into a non-UWP app https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...eo-camera/midi

Last edited by ilovesoca; 11-29-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Additional information
ilovesoca is offline   Reply With Quote