Old 03-16-2019, 01:45 AM   #1
TonE
Human being with feelings

Default Super8s for 8 x stereo [how can this not exist yet]

Super8 can record 8 mono tracks. Is there also a stereo version with 8 x stereo*?

Any Super8 manual available or should those few comments in the code be its manual? For example what I missed, how many buttons do I need on my hardware to make efficient use of Super8's features? Minimum buttons, maximum buttons, ideal buttons. How to setup ideal configuration with a foot controller like Yamaha MFC10 for example? How does it do the automatic tempo recognition? This is assuming you have no free space in first recording I guess. If anyone has written a Super8 manual, it would be cool sharing it here.

8 stereo version could double the number of inputs and outputs and use each time 2 channels, rather than only 1 for recording and playback. Otherwise with mono version, you are losing half of your synth sound, if you are not recording vocals or guitars.

* Name suggestion for stereo version: Super8s

Last edited by TonE; 03-16-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added name suggestion Super8s
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
BenK-msx

The vid (post #3), Post and template in my signature is a reasonable introduction to setting it up for actual use.

You should be able to explore template to get thing going.

Not checked it in a while with new versions of reaper but should be ok
Old 03-16-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
TonE

Dear Ben, thanks a lot, check also this. Thanks also Bert for this great plugin* and video. Ben, from your video I get we can only use 4 * stereo so far, I hope there will be a 8 * stereo version as well. Why not? The question is, when will Justin read this posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwtxXYLkZI
* https://github.com/EarlyBert/S8-midi-controller
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote