Old 03-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
Riddare
Human being with feelings

Default McDSP Plugin Issues

Anyone else using McDSP plugins?

I bought the bundle subscription and most of the plugins are awesome but i seem to run into problems when I add certain plugins to a project specifically Revolver Reverb and one of the mastering limiters. It will start to glitch out and stutter until i raise the buffer size to 2048 or higher and then it only helps the issues but doesn't always completely fix it. I have only noticed it with McDSP VST3, slate and waves and pretty much every other brand don't seem to cause any issues at all until I purposely load a ridiculous amount of plugins at a buffer size of 64.

I ran some tests and VST versions appears to be working without problems other than you can not get to the presets which basically makes Revolver Reverb useless since it loads IRs from presets. Switching back to VST3 instantly starts glitching out.

Any thoughts? Not sure if this is a Reaper problem, McDSP or a Computer issue.

Cpu is an i7 7700k 32gb of ram and both reaper and the plugins are on ssds(if that matters). Windows 10 pro fully updated. Reaper 5.76 Audient ID22 Interface with the latest drivers and firmware.
Riddare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:35 AM   #2
colonelporridge

Im having issues with the 6050 channel strip at the moment. Randomly clipping the channels to the point of muting, specifically with the mef1 filter also the drop down menu on the modules wont work at all.
colonelporridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
buenavista

Just wondering if you guys resolved your issues with Mcdsp? I may pull the trigger on the 6050 but seems like they have issues with windows.
buenavista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #4
buenavista

Also, are you guys on reaper 64bit or 32? Wondering if that matters at all.
buenavista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
Ohmdepop

Default McDSP issues

Same problem here, got the subscription a few months back and nearly ditched it due to various issues, but they sound so damn good. So far here is what Ive encountered.

1) VST3 will make reaper get glitchy, in my case any I've tried seem to do that (on OSX BTW). I originally thought it was a Mac thing because the same problem exists in Ableton for me, if memory serves correctly.

2) Presets (as mentioned above) only fully exist in VST3 versions, there are none in VST format and if you should be using AU only some seem to work. Its not that i'm a huge preset fan but they definitely help when you're trying to get an idea of what a plugin can do.

3) at least on OSX if a VST is buggy than I'll check out the AU version, usually that solves the issue more often then not.

Some of their plugins have become staples for me, also the new 6060 strip has a lot to offer. All that being said, I wish they would get it together in the preset department, and take care of the VST3 issues.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:23 AM   #6
Judders

I'm using Filterbank, Echo Collection, 6050 Channel Strip and ML4000 VST3 on Mac (High Sierra) without issue.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
Swi

Revolver cannot find it's presets and I cannot figure out how to get it to see them. They are where they are supposed to be.

Does anyone know how to make plugs find their presets in reaper when this issue arises?

Editing this post. I sent an email to mcdsp and the next day revolver can see it's presets?

I restarted a few times the first day but overnight restart seem to solve it for me.

Last edited by Swi; 03-10-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #8
tseguitar

Default McDSP Ultrachannel 6050

Hi,
have purchased the Strip today on discount days on pluginboutique and I also can't find the Presets in Reaper. They are automatically installed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\McDSP\6050 Ultimate CS Native\Presets\6050 Ultimate CS

(Artist Presets, Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keys, Ohter, Vocals)

tfx - format, but no change to get them.
Any Idea? Manual tells only, to get the presets depends on your DAW ...

Greetings, Tom
tseguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:02 AM   #9
Stella645

https://audiosex.pro/threads/mcdsp-p...esolved.22306/
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #10
pepe44

opening back this thread just for a quick question. Everytime i try to use the ML4000 in a parallel bus , when summing the direct and the ML4000 i get some phase issues (a lot). I´m using the VST 3 version 6.1.0.8. Anyone else ? certainly not a reaper related issue , and maybe is how the internal processing of the plugin is done that affects the summed signals (oversampling, saturation, etc) but i really like the effect of the ML4000 when pushed hard and cannot use it due to this comb filtering.

Thanks
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:38 PM   #11
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
opening back this thread just for a quick question. Everytime i try to use the ML4000 in a parallel bus , when summing the direct and the ML4000 i get some phase issues (a lot). I´m using the VST 3 version 6.1.0.8. Anyone else ? certainly not a reaper related issue , and maybe is how the internal processing of the plugin is done that affects the summed signals (oversampling, saturation, etc) but i really like the effect of the ML4000 when pushed hard and cannot use it due to this comb filtering.

Thanks
I have that, but have never used it in parallel.

My guess would be that the crossover filters are not linear phase.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:44 PM   #12
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
I have that, but have never used it in parallel.

My guess would be that the crossover filters are not linear phase.
could it be because of the look-ahead ? but that is a good guess too

EDIT: Yes, i am almost shure is because of the linear phase filters. Thanks

Last edited by pepe44; 01-10-2020 at 03:31 PM.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:10 AM   #13
mduque

Default VST 2

All this have made me search for the VST 2 version (was a bit hidden) VST 2 in exclusive mode seems to be stable!

Edit: Now with the new upgrade to the version 7 the 6060 is completely stable in Vst3. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by mduque; 06-23-2022 at 02:04 AM. Reason: New findings
mduque is offline   Reply With Quote