Old 08-13-2019, 06:24 AM   #1
crane clef
Human being with feelings

Default External plugins

External plugins

This time, a question about plugins.
I made a library of sounds and presets in Rea Samplomatic. But when it comes to drums, Rea Samplomatic is not a good option. Because I have to open each sound in a separate path.
So I am looking for plugins that can use several sounds in one track. They can cost. But not so much like Albion One
crane clef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:42 AM   #2
domzy

what exactly are you looking for? Albion One is an orchestral library / player whereas Reasamplomatic is a simple sampler, and you also mention drums. So are you looking for a sampler, a drum machine or an orchestral library, or something that will cover all these bases?
I would suggest you look at samplers, such as Kontakt, Independence, TX16w or Grace, as general options, or maybe Battery or Sitala if you primarily want to do drums.
I'm sure others will have better suggestions if you can be a bit more specific about your needs.
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:14 AM   #3
crane clef

I am looking for something that will allow me to use the sounds of orchestral drums (collected by me) on one track.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:16 AM   #4
nait

I might be missing the point the OP is making, but you can put multiple ReaSamplomatic instances on one track, and set the note range of those instances to build your own drum kit. ex. you can have C2 play the "Kick" Samplomatic instance, D2 play the snare, etc..

Kenny Gioia, as always, with the great videos on this: https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#nJFcRF-D9Sk
https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#hWn4nUTRjrY (this one is multi part.. it's in Videos-MIDI & Virtual Instruments-Creating a Live Drum Kit)

You can even load in multiple samples for each particular drum par to have it iterate through the samples too to, for example, give variance to snare or hats sounds. This is explained in the second link. You can route these to different outputs if you want.. there's a lot of flexibility with ReaSamplomatic, and Gioia explains it really well.

Anyways, it's been a while since I've used this, but when I first installed Reaper, I built a drum kit like Kenny explains, and loaded up all my drum sounds into it. Then I just pick and choose the samples as need be.
nait is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #5
crane clef

Thanks domzy and cstooch. I will check which option is best for me.