Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #1
dmoss74
Human being with feelings

Default i really need help with kontakt 5 with articulations/key switches

hi,

sorry for being a dunce, but i am really trying to understand how to best do some writing/recording with kontakt, in reaper (not that reaper itself is the problem, it's a general kontakt thing).

okay, so what i want to do is record various instruments (either played, or step written), but apply certain articulations at certain points. i have horn instruments, string instruments, etc, but i keep banging my head on the table, because i just don't think i'm getting the whole "kontakt" thing.

what i gather is (and this could be totally wrong) my best bet would be to start a new instrument bank in kontakt. from there, i load in any particular instrument, and all of its affiliated articulations, from which i can switch them up in reaper, depending on how i need them at any point.

so from there, when i need to use any articulation/change, i would somehow have to let reaper know that this will be going on. this is what i need to learn. is there some gigantic tutorial for how to do things like this? the manual for kontakt doesn't even begin to explain this. or if it does, i'm not getting it.

thanks for any help, and please excuse the ignorance. i'm more of a "player", and never really learned the midi program change thing.
dmoss74 is offline   Reply With Quote