Old 01-16-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
TONDOG64
Human being with feelings

Default BAK files?

My old 32 bit XP friend went poof this last year so I got a new pc and it is 64. I'm using my old hard drives as the read write storage for most everything including Reaper. I did not change any settings once I got it operational but There are no BAK files showing up that weren't prior to the crash of the 32 bit PC. After an exhaustive search it seems that there are no BAK files being created now. Is this true? How is this being handled now?
Old 01-16-2022, 10:42 AM   #2
martmix

it do it on my computer
martmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #3
TONDOG64

OK I found it in project saving but cannot for the life of me get it to auto save. Any idea what I'm not doing right? Timestamp backup> 15 min> Anytime> Save to timestamp in additional directory > set path and apply. She's a no work for me

SOLVED: Of course I feel like an idiot but I sat here all day reading clicking watching YouTube tutorials and nothing worked. Then it dawned on me that I wasn't doing anything to save. I don't know if that's a newer feature but I always assumed that auto save kept piling on baks until I closed a project. As it is, it will only auto save a project if you are doing something that modifies a project. Not just keeping it open. Changing settings in preferences does not count as something to save BTW. Just press play and wait til the set time interval for saving you have put in and viola. Saved BAK

Last edited by TONDOG64; 01-16-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Solved
TONDOG64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:48 PM   #4
hexSPA

A little off-topic but I delete all but the most recent Backup and Undo files when archiving my monthly folders. They tend to take up a lot of space and it doesn't seem necessary to keep all of them.
hexSPA is offline   Reply With Quote