Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 01-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #1
Aporion
Human being with feelings

Default No playback, time marker moves super slow

Hey guys,

I have posted this issue already in the general discussion forum, but I don't get many replies there, so I will try my luck here.

Since a few weeks, I'm having major trouble with my REAPER. I get no playback sound and the time marker moves super slow. I tried so many things to fix this, but none of them worked, and I just don't know what to do anymore, and I'm really desperate (by the way, I'm in the middle of finishing an album)!

I use a laptop with Windows 10 and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) with my REAPER. The audio device is set up correctly, I contacted the Focusrite support, and they send me a beta version of a driver, but that didn't work. The issue doesn't seem to be with the interface, though, as it works outside of REAPER. I even did a portable install but still no playback.

Could a Windows update have caused this problem? Please, any recommendation, tip or hint to a possible solution would be very welcome! Does anyone else experience this issue right now?

Last edited by Aporion; 01-04-2022 at 01:01 AM.
Aporion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:14 AM   #2
Aporion

Any recommendations?
Old 01-19-2022, 07:12 AM   #3
Aporion

I found a solution. There were conflicting driver entries for the Scarlett. If anyone experiences the same problem, just click "show hidden devices" in device manager, uninstall all entries, re-install the driver for the interface and voilà! PLAYBACK!