Old 01-04-2022, 07:27 AM   #1
BlessedOne72
Human being with feelings

Default E-Drums Setting Up

I've got a few pieces of Roland HW .
A FD-8 High-Hat Controller / Pedal, that goes to a TMC-6 ... A trigger to MIDI - Converter .

Somehow I can't see any indicator leds blinking on the TMC-6 on the input 6, that the FD-8 is connected to . Though in REAPER (I've set up the TMC-6 to transmit on MIDI channel 6) and set up the recording input as MIDI - In Channel 6 from a generic USB MIDI - interface (The TMC-6 has no USB - functions, that's why I'm using this "cheap" dongle in between .).

The trigger mode on the TMC-6 for input 6 is set to HH - CTRL .

I can see some activity on the track meters on the rec track -->

I'm using Addictive Drums and Slate Drums 5 as VSTis
No matter what kind of tweaking I've done I get no closed pedal foot sound triggered .
Somehow the MIDI - LEARN function on both of these detect do not detect any incoming MIDI activity .

I also have a Alesis TriggerIO, that I'm planning to set up for my Roland ride pad and two pieces of Triggera crashes / splashes .

Someone here able to HELP !!!

Appreciate it a LOT . (((:::
BlessedOne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:10 AM   #2
ivansc

I started out with a trigger I/O but quickly switched to a used Roland TD8 Brain & accumulated a bunch of mesh headed drums & rubber cymbals, which I still have a decade later.

The Trigger I/O was really unpredictable, as are most of the other trigger converters that I have seen/used.

Not sure how determined you are to use triggers predominantly, but if I were you, I would start building a proper e-kit. Much less hassle. Also, I am a beta tester for ToonTrack & also owned Steven Slate Drums and Addictive Drums. They all worked really easily with reaper via the TD8.

EDIT: Just looked up that Roland TM6 and was stunned by the price! I would sell you my entire TD8 kit with the TD12 drums, cymbals etc and a top quality Gibraltar stand for far less than that!

Last edited by ivansc; 01-04-2022 at 11:15 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:18 AM   #3
BlessedOne72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
I started out with a trigger I/O but quickly switched to a used Roland TD8 Brain & accumulated a bunch of mesh headed drums & rubber cymbals, which I still have a decade later.

The Trigger I/O was really unpredictable, as are most of the other trigger converters that I have seen/used.

Not sure how determined you are to use triggers predominantly, but if I were you, I would start building a proper e-kit. Much less hassle. Also, I am a beta tester for ToonTrack & also owned Steven Slate Drums and Addictive Drums. They all worked really easily with reaper via the TD8.

EDIT: Just looked up that Roland TM6 and was stunned by the price! I would sell you my entire TD8 kit with the TD12 drums, cymbals etc and a top quality Gibraltar stand for far less than that!
Hi ...

Just to clear things up ; I'm talking about a TMC-6 NOT TM-6 .
The TMC-6 is a Trigger to MIDI - Converter, while the TM-6 is a Trigger Module .
BlessedOne72 is offline   Reply With Quote