Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
Dzirka
Human being with feelings

Default Lot of problems with MIDI (SOLVED)

Hello everyone, I've been testing reaper for some time and after that decided to do my first reaper project song. The recording audio, midi and everything went well until I came to midi editing. Too many issues appeared during my work. Will mention just few of them.

1. When I freezed or rendered midi track to audio. Some of the rendered track had bugs, like missing notes, cut notes, level jumped up and down etc. Some of them was ok. The issues came often with Trillian and LA Scoring strings.

2. Another big problem. I tried to automate level (01 mod wheel) using the mouse. Absolutely no response, no change. It supposed to change level of strings expression. it worked only when I used the mod wheel on my keys.. but more things happened. See my video below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzaj...ature=youtu.be

any idea?

Last edited by Dzirka; 04-21-2016 at 01:40 AM.
Dzirka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
lachrimae

1. You might try disabling (or enabling) the option to notify plug-ins of the offline rendering state to see if that makes a difference.

2. Pure guess here but is your mouse editing a different channel of MIDI from your modwheel?
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:17 AM   #3
Dzirka

Thank you Lachrimae, I'll try the option off/on line rendering and will see

As to the midi editing. I don't understand how my mouse could edit a different channel and be at the same time in a different midi window? Sounds really confusing. I also noticed that once I copied a midi item to another midi track the midi notes were assign to another midi channel. So I changed it and it was playing correct sound but when I created a midi note using my mouse, the note was assign to another midi channel.. it's realy really annoying. Maybe there is something wrong with my project settings.

Is there any option to make midi editor working just simply? I found it very very unpractical to adjust too many things all the time whenever I do a small change. In Cubase, for example, I copy midi to another track and it is automatically assign to the midi channel you copied to.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:24 AM   #4
Dzirka

Just find out on my home computer all works perfectly. So must be problem in my studio Reaper settings or rather some settings changed in that song project (as my home Reaper settings supposed to be same as in my studio computer)
Old 04-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #5
Dzirka

Most of the problems solved just one remains. Draw mod wheel data and then trying to modify it, it works for a while but then, all of a sudden I just click on it and it just move somewhere or even disappear it.. See my video bellow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA26...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-20-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
EvilDragon

Check your mouse modifiers for CC events. Disable option to "Allow selecting a single event in a CC lane with a mouse click" there.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #7
Dzirka

Thank you EvilDragon, amazing there was always a solution for any problem I had in Reaper so far. My Reaper settings is optimized to perfection almost.. Just want to ask one thing. I was a Cubase user and there was one thing I really liked the "stop function" behaving. Unfortunately I couldn't find any way how to adjust it in Reaper. In Cubase if I press "stop" the cursor stop at the current position (like pause, but not excatlly pause) and if I press one more time the cursor return back to the start position. I found it very usefull and miss that in Reaper.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:48 PM   #8
EvilDragon

I don't think there's such function in Reaper unfortunately. There's play/stop and play/pause action, but no play/pause/stop action...
Old 04-21-2016, 01:43 AM   #9
Dzirka

Thanks EvilDragon, that's not so important thing. Good is that we found the solution for all the issues
Old 04-21-2016, 03:31 AM   #10
Dzirka

Need one more help with another issue that appeared just today and I couldn't find any way to solve it. When i insert new track. The track is displayed with opened envelope as well (image below), which i don't want to. How to disable it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtrack.jpg (59.7 KB, 184 views)
Old 04-21-2016, 04:09 AM   #11
EvilDragon

Preferences->Project->Track/Send Defaults->Default visible envelopes.

Might I recommend reading the manual? These kinds of things are all explained there...
Old 04-21-2016, 04:23 AM   #12
Dzirka

Thanks, yea I've read manual and watched tons of video tutorials but there are too many informations, adjusting settings etc.. I'm not lazy, I was looking for that option, googling for hours.. thanks again
Old 04-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #13
lachrimae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzirka View Post
I was a Cubase user and there was one thing I really liked the "stop function" behaving.
Edited:

Nevermind... I thought you could easily accomplish this with Cycle Actions but it looks like it would have to be a script because you have to check whether or not the user has moved the edit cursor position manually.

Last edited by lachrimae; 04-21-2016 at 09:12 AM.
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote