Old 09-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #241
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 8,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
Any tips on how to increase the amount of fake likes and bot activity on my soundcloud page?
Visit and interact with other soundcloud pages. I don't think it's bots, it's just other people trying to drive activity to their page with fake interest. Unfortunately it seems to be the only way.
__________________
Myyy Wyyyrd Musyyyck
foxAsteria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:19 AM   #242
zeekat
Human being with feelings
 
zeekat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polandia
Posts: 3,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
Its the 5th time i post a remix of the same song on soundcloud.
The first upload got 8 fake likes, 4 fake comments.
The last one only one heart.

Any tips on how to increase the amount of fake likes and bot activity on my soundcloud page?
There's a slight change, now I'm getting private messages a minute after uploading a track, wanting to "sign me up" coz the track which keeps having 0 plays and nobody bar me has heard it yet is absolute fire.

Yeah, those are definitely bots. Always some bogus account with an avatar lifted off some girl's instagram and only having reposts or straight "pay for real listeners" advert tracks. There's probably like 17 real people on soundcloud.
__________________
AM bient, rund funk and heavy meteo
my soundclouds+youtubings
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:33 AM   #243
Jorgen
Human being with feelings
 
Jorgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 5,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
Any tips on how to increase the amount of fake likes and bot activity on my soundcloud page?
I got a message from somebody, offering a 1 000 listens for five bucks. I thought "oh, what the hell..." And it worked.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:48 AM   #244
Malfunction
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
I got a message from somebody, offering a 1 000 listens for five bucks. I thought "oh, what the hell..." And it worked.
Cool , I should try it on my worst possible song.
Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #245
maxdembo
Human being with feelings
 
maxdembo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: All Hallows End
Posts: 1,588
Default I might have overdone things on the new video a little :)



Latest video will need a seizure warning :/
maxdembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #246
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 8,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
I got a message from somebody, offering a 1 000 listens for five bucks. I thought "oh, what the hell..." And it worked.
But what's the point if you know they were all farmed? If 1000 bots listen to your tracks there can't be much satisfaction in that. Is there some advantage to the numbers I'm unaware of?

All I know is that I spent some time years ago checking out other pages and it definitely increased my average listens ever since.
__________________
Myyy Wyyyrd Musyyyck
foxAsteria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #247
maxdembo
Human being with feelings
 
maxdembo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: All Hallows End
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
But what's the point if you know they were all farmed? If 1000 bots listen to your tracks there can't be much satisfaction in that. Is there some advantage to the numbers I'm unaware of?

All I know is that I spent some time years ago checking out other pages and it definitely increased my average listens ever since.
I guess its the difference between having numbers so the algorithm, whatever site it maybe, notices you via views and serves you out for more views and building a viewerbase that way, or building a loyal fanbase via interaction. Or some cross over of the two. Same end result, theoretically. And its interesting to find out too.

Either option has a history of success, but I cant really be arsed with either
maxdembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 AM   #248
Malfunction
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
I guess its the difference between having numbers so the algorithm, whatever site it maybe, notices you via views and serves you out for more views and building a viewerbase that way, or building a loyal fanbase via interaction. Or some cross over of the two. Same end result, theoretically. And its interesting to find out too.

Either option has a history of success, but I cant really be arsed with either
The more views the better the song gets.

obs, need to go back to procratinating.

Gonne clean the floor. Im gonne get a bucket.

Tomorrow I will fill it with water.
Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #249
zeekat
Human being with feelings
 
zeekat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Polandia
Posts: 3,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post


Latest video will need a seizure warning :/
This will wreck youtube encoder's day.

Funny thing I discovered by trying to polish some video turds - youtube was actually better with detail while using AVC (h264) instead of more modern HEVC(h265) codec.
__________________
AM bient, rund funk and heavy meteo
my soundclouds+youtubings
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.