Old 08-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #41
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Lovely devs (Stevie????)

Don't suppose there's any chance smart knobs 2 will remember any of the settings made with smart knobs 1 is there?
Hi, Sadly templates created with SK1 will not be compatible with SK2. SK1 templates are missing most of the information required to map reliably to a particular control in SK2.

This is mainly because users mapped their own controllers to the faderbox in SK1 - and so SK2 will not have any of this information available in order to map parameters to the correct controls in SK2 as it uses a completely different method of communication with the controller.

Hope this doesn't cause too much of a downer for you with this release. I have (hopefully) made it very quick and easy to map plugin parameters

The release is getting very close (as is the end of the month which I gave as the deadline! :|) - I'm working on documentation for setting SK2 up - once that's done I'll release it... Obviously - I'm still working on it in all my spare time - and the amount of spare time I have fluctuates - but I'm still aiming to hit that deadline - or at least very close to it...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:06 PM   #42
Amparitoo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tarragona, Catalonia
Posts: 22
Default

thank you ibo your efforts are very grateful! nothing happens, if you have had to program everything again, I don't think it bothers us too much to re-map it. waiting for late August or early September to start trying it out.
Amparitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:56 PM   #43
buschag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois
Posts: 90
Default Extender

As an xtouch user will there be the ability to use an extender easily? Or is it more of a single controller setup? Can’t wait.
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 12:01 AM   #44
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschag View Post
As an xtouch user will there be the ability to use an extender easily? Or is it more of a single controller setup? Can’t wait.
Yes - I have both XTouch and an XT Extender set up. You can officially connect 4 different controllers.

A quick note on the XTouch though - in order to use the coloured scribble strips you need to have it in XCtl mode - but XCtl mode only works via the MIDI ports (and ethernet) - but not USB. So you would need to connect the XTouch to a midi interface by either the MIDI ports or ethernet port.

The Extender works fine using the USB connection.

But if your controller's are programmable (unlike the XTouch) - then there's potential to use >4 controllers (by combining multiple controllers into a single control map - ensuring none of the MIDI messages for each control overlap - ie. each control must use a unique midi message).
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:08 AM   #45
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi, Sadly templates created with SK1 will not be compatible with SK2. SK1 templates are missing most of the information required to map reliably to a particular control in SK2.

This is mainly because users mapped their own controllers to the faderbox in SK1 - and so SK2 will not have any of this information available in order to map parameters to the correct controls in SK2 as it uses a completely different method of communication with the controller.

Hope this doesn't cause too much of a downer for you with this release. I have (hopefully) made it very quick and easy to map plugin parameters

The release is getting very close (as is the end of the month which I gave as the deadline! :|) - I'm working on documentation for setting SK2 up - once that's done I'll release it... Obviously - I'm still working on it in all my spare time - and the amount of spare time I have fluctuates - but I'm still aiming to hit that deadline - or at least very close to it...
Hell no - no downer at all!!!!!! Was just adding mappings to sk1 and thought "should I maybe hang on adding any more till sk2" :-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:15 AM   #46
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Y

A quick note on the XTouch though - in order to use the coloured scribble strips you need to have it in XCtl mode - but XCtl mode only works via the MIDI ports (and ethernet) - but not USB. So you would need to connect the XTouch to a midi interface by either the MIDI ports or ethernet port.

.
Thanks for this info. I was just thinking about buying the xtouch for when SK2 comes out but I don't have any more midi sockets free. How does it work over ethernet? Is it reliable? I have a script to turn my internet on and off on the PC which basically is just a batch script that (to turn off) changes the DNS of the network connector to 2.2.2.2. I wonder if activating that (and toggling back and forth during the day ) would mean I lose connection to the x touch? It sometimes gives my networked printer a headache :-)

Guess I could just buy a USB - midi interface
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:02 AM   #47
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 944
Default

Ha me again! More questions.

I understand that the x touch doesn't have a midi CC mode.

I was wondering if it would be possible to map the jog shuttle wheel to scroll up / down like the mouse wheel?

Would that be possible within SK2?
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:53 AM   #48
Amparitoo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tarragona, Catalonia
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Ha me again! More questions.

I understand that the x touch doesn't have a midi CC mode.

I was wondering if it would be possible to map the jog shuttle wheel to scroll up / down like the mouse wheel?

Would that be possible within SK2?
I see you very impatient, hahaha Why will it be ?? Let poor Ibo work, surely all the questions will be well documented in the document he is preparing for us

Now you also want to buy an x-touch ?? do you work in a bank ?? or have you thought of docking one. jajjaa

It's all a joke
Amparitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:12 AM   #49
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amparitoo View Post
I see you very impatient, hahaha Why will it be ?? Let poor Ibo work, surely all the questions will be well documented in the document he is preparing for us

Now you also want to buy an x-touch ?? do you work in a bank ?? or have you thought of docking one. jajjaa

It's all a joke
Ha! You are right. I should give him some peace. I got a bit over excited :-)

My x touch will be replacing my MFT.....hopefully :-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:33 AM   #50
Amparitoo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tarragona, Catalonia
Posts: 22
Default

midi fighter twister? this is the midi controller that will give me away, right? then it takes a while to buy the beghringer x-touch
Amparitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:34 AM   #51
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amparitoo View Post
midi fighter twister? this is the midi controller that will give me away, right? then it takes a while to buy the beghringer x-touch
I'm not sure about "give" ;-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 02:09 AM   #52
Amparitoo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tarragona, Catalonia
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
I'm not sure about "give" ;-)
Have you already ordered the x-touch? There is less and less to finish the month and theoretically the launch is approaching, to see if it will catch him off guard. You don't have to give me anything, I'm willing to pay for the transportation costs, hahaha
Amparitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #53
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,935
Default

Hi all,

Just to let you know - I'm still working hard on some documentation - and don't mean to be quiet on this thread.

The docs I'm working on (video and pdf) are a getting started guide. They won't yet dive into everything that SK2 can do - but will provide an essential starting point for getting SK2 up and running, and getting an understanding of how it works. I'm well underway with these now.

I'll answer further questions once I've got these done and SK2 is released. I highly doubt it will be today (I know I previously promised the end of the month - sorry!) - but workloads have been pretty high here so I've not had as much time to work on SK2 docs as I'd hoped. It will be ASAP and will definitely be sooner rather than later.

Without these docs I'd end up spending my entire life answering questions on how to get it up and running - which I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

So please keep an eye on this thread...
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 01:40 PM   #54
Amparitoo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tarragona, Catalonia
Posts: 22
Default

no problem, take the time, more would be needed. here we are bored and make joking comments. you calm down. on the other hand, i still have to uninstall knobs version 1, hahaha health
Amparitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 05:10 PM   #55
SeanTypedThis
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 66
Default

Appreciate the update and all of the hard work!

Still looking forward to this greatly, and still hope you're taking all the time you need.

Thanks again!
__________________
YouTube
SeanTypedThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:08 AM   #56
mozart999uk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi all,

Just to let you know - I'm still working hard on some documentation - and don't mean to be quiet on this thread.

The docs I'm working on (video and pdf) are a getting started guide. They won't yet dive into everything that SK2 can do - but will provide an essential starting point for getting SK2 up and running, and getting an understanding of how it works. I'm well underway with these now.

I'll answer further questions once I've got these done and SK2 is released. I highly doubt it will be today (I know I previously promised the end of the month - sorry!) - but workloads have been pretty high here so I've not had as much time to work on SK2 docs as I'd hoped. It will be ASAP and will definitely be sooner rather than later.

Without these docs I'd end up spending my entire life answering questions on how to get it up and running - which I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

So please keep an eye on this thread...
Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to it. :-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 07:38 PM   #57
_TIP_
Human being with feelings
 
_TIP_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi all,

Just to let you know - I'm still working hard on some documentation - and don't mean to be quiet on this thread.

The docs I'm working on (video and pdf) are a getting started guide. They won't yet dive into everything that SK2 can do - but will provide an essential starting point for getting SK2 up and running, and getting an understanding of how it works. I'm well underway with these now.

I'll answer further questions once I've got these done and SK2 is released. I highly doubt it will be today (I know I previously promised the end of the month - sorry!) - but workloads have been pretty high here so I've not had as much time to work on SK2 docs as I'd hoped. It will be ASAP and will definitely be sooner rather than later.

Without these docs I'd end up spending my entire life answering questions on how to get it up and running - which I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

So please keep an eye on this thread...
After seeing this post I went straight on Ebay and bought a Behringer MOTÖR 49 Keyboard (I wish I could get the X-Touch), now I'm waiting like everybody else for the big release day. lb0, please take your time to finish this master piece and don't bother with us, we are just all excited!!!
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM   #58
buschag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois
Posts: 90
Default

Just thought I’d drop in to see how things are going? So…. How’s it going?
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:44 AM   #59
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschag View Post
Just thought I’d drop in to see how things are going? So…. How’s it going?
I know I know I know, nothing is more bothersome to me at the moment than getting SK2 out the door.

Time is zipping by too quickly - and I'm not getting enough done what with other parts of life providing unexpected hurdles.

I have got a 'basics' tutorial video draft done - which needs a couple of tweaks but otherwise is good.

I also have done the control map creator usage video.

And a few other documents are also ready to go... So closer than I was a few weeks back - a couple of tweaks to the videos which I will attempt to get done this week. Then it's just organizing everything ready for release...

So like I said before - nearly there - but I understand I've broken a number of release data promises recently - so do not want to promise anymore... Nearly there is all I can say
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #60
buschag
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois
Posts: 90
Default

It’s all good. No need to apologize. I was just thinking maybe you forgot to hit the send button to send it to the interwebz. Hahaha. We’re waiting patiently so take your time. 🍻
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #61
SeanTypedThis
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 66
Default

Thanks for the update, thanks for even taking on this amazing project in the first place (along with all of the other amazing things you've done already)! Hope it's not getting in the way of too many life things, but to echo everyone else, take all the time you need and take as much care as you see fit!

Besides, I'm sure most of us are used to waiting much longer for less feature rich things that we have to actually purchase, haha...novel concept in the REAPER world, I know....
__________________
YouTube
SeanTypedThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.