Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-09-2021, 10:21 PM   #1
Diggy
Human being with feelings

Default Pan Automation Not Reflecting in Mixer

The title says it all. I have panning automation on a track (which is working fine) but in the mixer, the panning knob doesn't follow automation. Is there a way to make that show? The only way I know there's automation is because I remember there is. It would be nice to see pans, volumes, etc that are automated reflect in the mixer in real-time. TIA
Diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:32 PM   #2
ramses

You need to set the automation mode to "Read" as opposed to "Read/trim". Read/trim gives you an additional trim on top of the existing automation. Read just automates, and does not give the operator any way of influencing the existing automation.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:47 PM   #3
Diggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
You need to set the automation mode to "Read" as opposed to "Read/trim". Read/trim gives you an additional trim on top of the existing automation. Read just automates, and does not give the operator any way of influencing the existing automation.
I set it to read (actually set every track in the song to read) but that still didn't help. I know the automation is working because I can see the pan on my control surface changing but in the reaper mixer the pan knob is always on center. The same goes for the master fader that I have set to fade at the end of the song. The slider never moves but the envelope works.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:03 AM   #4
Captain Chu

Have you armed it? I think you need to set it to read and arm it in order for it to move on your mixer (the color should change too).
Captain Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
Diggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chu View Post
Have you armed it? I think you need to set it to read and arm it in order for it to move on your mixer (the color should change too).
Yeah, I figured that out last night while playing around trying to get it to work. It's super weird that you would have to arm it to record the automation lane for it to show the movement...Does anyone know what the purpose of that is?