Old 04-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
lissagc
Human being with feelings

Default Need help, please.

I will start with an apology, because I know I will be coming to you with too many stupid questions. I ask that you forgive my ignorance. I know that I will never be a good engineer (I have always been so impressed by those who are).

I am a voiceover actor and have to work from home, currently. I have spent the last few weeks getting to the point where I feel comfortable recording to video and trimming/nudging...and even finally figured out how to consolidate/export. There may have been tears...but that is in the past

Both studios I work with use Protools and need me to send my recorded tracks in one file, thru mediashuttle or wetransfer.

Is there a way for me to consolidate all of my takes (it is dubbing from other languages, so a proper lipsync is rarely achieved in one take and some of the episodes are 50 min long, with 15 min chunks, between my character's lines/reactions) into one file? The first test I sent was three separate files. I don't even know if that makes sense, this is all waaaaaaaay outside of my wheelhouse.

If anyone can offer some insight, it would be super helpful and VERY MUCH appreciated.
lissagc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #2
eLuSiVeMiTe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissagc View Post
I will start with an apology, because I know I will be coming to you with too many stupid questions. I ask that you forgive my ignorance. I know that I will never be a good engineer (I have always been so impressed by those who are).

I am a voiceover actor and have to work from home, currently. I have spent the last few weeks getting to the point where I feel comfortable recording to video and trimming/nudging...and even finally figured out how to consolidate/export. There may have been tears...but that is in the past

Both studios I work with use Protools and need me to send my recorded tracks in one file, thru mediashuttle or wetransfer.

Is there a way for me to consolidate all of my takes (it is dubbing from other languages, so a proper lipsync is rarely achieved in one take and some of the episodes are 50 min long, with 15 min chunks, between my character's lines/reactions) into one file? The first test I sent was three separate files. I don't even know if that makes sense, this is all waaaaaaaay outside of my wheelhouse.

If anyone can offer some insight, it would be super helpful and VERY MUCH appreciated.
Render to wav is what you want I assume.

https://youtu.be/s0go48h_LM8
eLuSiVeMiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
lissagc

Thank you so much!!! I will try that!

I have been able to make them .wav files....but they still export, each take (or nudge/dead-air cut, etc) under different file extentions.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:28 PM   #4
eLuSiVeMiTe

Think I may have misunderstood.

Do you want to send several separate tracks as one file?

Or make eg 7 tracks on the reaper playlist one audio track for sending?

If the former. Use something like WinRAR

If the latter what I posted first stands
Old 04-30-2020, 03:23 PM   #5
lissagc

ugh. I am so sorry. I am having trouble explaining.

so, for example....for the "quality test", I was asked to record one scene in a novela that was my current character. Let's say the track was labeled by the software
02-200430_1422.wav

It was only about 10 lines, and I recorded on a single track (or for small reactions I had missed, had opened a 2nd track and dragged the reaction into original track) but I had to cut and nudge a few into place.

once I have done the consolidate/export, it list them as

02-200430_1422.wav
02-200430_1450.wav
02-200430_1457.wav

when i sent the wetranfer, it showed as sending 4 files. Is there a way to rename them or combine them so they travel as one file? or is that not possible with this program?

I am so sorry. You are really trying to help me and I am pretty freakin' hopeless.
But I hope I have explained it better, for you.

Thanks, again!!!!
Old 04-30-2020, 05:43 PM   #6
eLuSiVeMiTe

Quote:
ugh. I am so sorry. I am having trouble explaining.

so, for example....for the "quality test", I was asked to record one scene in a novela that was my current character. Let's say the track was labeled by the software
02-200430_1422.wav

It was only about 10 lines, and I recorded on a single track (or for small reactions I had missed, had opened a 2nd track and dragged the reaction into original track) but I had to cut and nudge a few into place.

once I have done the consolidate/export, it list them as

02-200430_1422.wav
02-200430_1450.wav
02-200430_1457.wav

when i sent the wetranfer, it showed as sending 4 files. Is there a way to rename them or combine them so they travel as one file? or is that not possible with this program?

I am so sorry. You are really trying to help me and I am pretty freakin' hopeless.
But I hope I have explained it better, for you.

Thanks, again!!!!
That makes sense
In that case render the sections/tracks required and they will be recorded in a single wave file.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
lissagc

eLuSiVeMiTe

You are so kind. Thank you! I will try that tonight!!!
Old 05-03-2020, 05:03 PM   #8
lissagc

Default eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe !!!!!!

It worked! Thank you, soooooooooo much! You are a lifesaver!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #9
eLuSiVeMiTe

Quote:
eLuSiVeMiTe !!!!!!

It worked! Thank you, soooooooooo much! You are a lifesaver!
Perfect
Happy to help. We all start somewhere.
Still puzzling reaper out myself.