Old 12-17-2018, 04:09 AM   #1
kapverden
Human being with feelings

Default Help with Janne Theme needed

Hi

i find the theme by Janne
Janne2015_Compact_v101-SSL-ReFocused-Analoge (pic attached)
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1512/J...ReaperThemeZip
to be quite perfect for my needs.
I would like to modify a thing and i'm not able to do it by myself, since i'm very new to the whole WALTER and theming thing.

I would like to have the input and the input FX on top of the mixer for each channel all the time.
As it is in the theme JanneUniverse2014_114Light in the large layout. (pic attached)
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1890/J...ReaperThemeZip

Maybe someone can help me here and point me in the right direction.
Help would be really appreciated!!
Thank you

Kapverden
Attached Images
File Type: png Janne2016_Compact_v101-SSL-ReFocused-Analoge.png (60.1 KB, 277 views)
File Type: png JanneUniverse2014_114Light.png (62.8 KB, 200 views)
kapverden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Janne83

Hey

This ones a bit tricky therefore i didnt use this desgn anymore in newer themes, but here it goes:

1. Youll have to mod the mcp_bg.png and mcp_bgsel.png like they are in the 2014 theme- set enough space with the pink lines to fit the recinput box

Ive attached two moded pngs for the background- mod further to the height of your liking- youll be looking at the pink lines height at the top left side of the image that determine how much space will be left on the top

Youll have to set set inserts area to customized not self promoting in the rtconfig.txt file in the themes folder (please note that this setting is separate for each layer)

set mcp.extmixer.mode [1]

And also set its position where its giong to be placed (xses mark the numbers of pixels youre giong to set)

set mcp.extmixer.position [x x x x x]

3. Youll have to set:

set mcp.recinput to the desire pixel location

Hope this helps

PS- great help to start is also thes theme development area on the site :https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/
and WTs great help topics stickied at the top of this theme forum area.

regards J
Attached Images
File Type: png mcp_bg.png (1.1 KB, 172 views)
File Type: png mcp_bgsel.png (1.1 KB, 167 views)
Old 12-19-2018, 03:52 AM   #3
kapverden

thank you so much, janne!

one more question:
in your theme JanneUniverse2014_114Light i tried to have the same input and input fx option on top of the mixer-channel in the normal default layout as in the large layout.
if i just copy the code in rtconfig.txt from large to default it works, but some things as the routing buttons and the gain numberbox will move with the size of the mixer window and be out of place.
how can i define their position?

thank you!
kapverden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:24 AM   #4
Janne83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapverden View Post
thank you so much, janne!

one more question:
in your theme JanneUniverse2014_114Light i tried to have the same input and input fx option on top of the mixer-channel in the normal default layout as in the large layout.
if i just copy the code in rtconfig.txt from large to default it works, but some things as the routing buttons and the gain numberbox will move with the size of the mixer window and be out of place.
how can i define their position?

thank you!
Hey

Yes that hapens because the large layout meant for bigger screens has stationary obbject you mentionet that dont move with the resizing logic

You will resolve this with the lst four digits in the set mcp.x [p p s s a a a a] command that refer to the alignment of the objects (letters a in the previous sample.)

Here is the excerpt from the manual(look at the coordinates list):

https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/walter.php#expressions

For instance the small layout lets volume label move with the resizing and has all alignment set to 0 (turned off):

set mcp.volume.label [4 106 49 17 0 0 0 0]

Large layout has a stationary volume label (vertical resizing vise) and has bottom snd top slignment set to 1 (turned on)

set mcp.volume.label [6 180 70 17 0 1 0 1]

Hope this helps

regards j