Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-12-2023, 09:21 PM   #1
ummagumma
Human being with feelings

Default M-Audio Delta 1010, word clock problems?

I'm rebuilding an old PC that has 2x 1010 PCI cards in it, with the rackmount units and BNC linking their wordclocks.

I have a Mytek 2496 ADC feeding external SPDIF clock to one card, which is then daisy chained to the other via BNC. This is all configured properly in the M-Audio ctrl panel.

OS is Windows 7, i7 3770 CPU, 1155 slot motherboard, 16 gigs RAM.

I tried running the cards off their own clocks, before switching to the external spdif.

Playback in Windows works fine, it's only in Reaper that I get the nasty distorted ( what I assume to be ) wordclock sync artifacts, intermittantly.

The 1010's have had their power supply caps upgraded to 63v.

Bios settings have CPU throttling turned off, PCI bus power management off, etc

So it seems to be something with my Reaper config?

I tried using larger buffer settings in Reaper, am using M-Audio's ASIO driver version 6.0.8 which is the last one they issued.

I did see this thread where @JGrabowMST advised to use an older version 6.0.2 so I'll try to find that.

https://forums.cockos.com/showthread...ighlight=delta

Thanks for any help
ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
ummagumma
Human being with feelings

I think I figured it out: after a lot of trial & error ( and bios experiments ) I discovered muting a particular track in reaper had no effect, it was still coming through the monitors, loud. And when I armed that track it distorted.

Poking around the Reaper routing matrix I found 2 extra end channels on one of the 1010's ( SPDIF maybe? Or M-Audio monitor mixer? ) were set to monitor, that didn't show up in any of my other channel assignment menus. I never set those up that I can recall. So there was some kind of feedback loop going on that whacked out one of the 1010's. I had to reboot to refresh everything & it seems to work ok now.
ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote