Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-16-2023, 04:25 PM   #241
Cragster
Human being with feelings

OK i think i figured it out . Basics are working . Now on to figure out FX. CSI set up was asking for FXzone folder. I think thats something new ? Should that folder be generated automatic ?

Sry for all the questions . This always takes me a while to get going on new versions
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 07:06 PM   #242
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
OK i think i figured it out . Basics are working . Now on to figure out FX. CSI set up was asking for FXzone folder. I think thats something new ? Should that folder be generated automatic ?

Sry for all the questions . This always takes me a while to get going on new versions
FXZone folders are new. They exist to allow users who want to, to be able to share FXZone folders across different devices and/or pages.

Make sure you check out the stuff on the Wiki about the Auto-FX Mapping, SurfaceFXLayout stuff. Really cool. Oh, and the SelectedTrackTCP.zon stuff!
Old 05-17-2023, 09:39 AM   #243
Donno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Yep, completed it before I posted the ZIP for Geoff to include in the support files.

Ah, sorry about that The SSL FX Zone I gave you has acceleration values meant for the C4. The BCR2000 only outputs code corresponding to the slowest rate, hence the poor performance. I've stripped out the acceleration definitions from the SSL FX.zon and re-posted it below. Hopefully this will be better.

You can adjust the overall rate from within the MM_BCR2000.mst file by changing the value in bold below:
Code:
AccelerationValues
    RotaryWidgetClass       Dec     41                
    RotaryWidgetClass       Inc     01      
    RotaryWidgetClass       Val     0.005   
AccelerationValuesEnd
If you want to affect only a single FX parameter in a plugin, you can add an acceleration value to that parameters line in the FX.zon:
Code:
RotaryA2 FXParam 39 [(0.02)]
You may also be able to alter the overall acceleration from within BC Manager, though I didn't have much luck

Yep, SelectedTrackFX is what you want. It will map all the FX on a track to the surface. In your case this is one plugin, the SSL channel strip.

The FX.zon files reside in the folder selected in the prefs. In the support files case this is the MM_BCR2000 folder, though putting them in the auto generated folder will probably still work.

I think that should work (off the top of my head, I can't remember the FX mapping pecking order, but I think focused will overide selected track)

SelectedTrackTCPFX will automatically map any FX parameters, from any plugin, on a track to the surface that have been defined in "Show in track controls" in the TCP.

SelectedTrackFX requires FX Zones and will map parameters from all plugins on a track to the surface.

I have to go out now, but I'll have some time tomorrow to go through your files properly. In the meantime, see if these get you any closer.
Thanks again for the reply! Ah I see that makes sense as to why the rotary speed was a bit off, that's good to know in any case and thanks for uploading an updated version! And thanks for the other info on how to adjust the overall/specific acceleration values! That will definitely come in handy.

Good to know that SelectedTrackFX is indeed what I'm after then, TCPFX doesn't make as much sense for me then either. The FocusedFX thing would be an afterthought at this point because getting the SelectedTrackFX working is proving to be enough of a task as is..

I seem to have some kind of problem with the BCR now. I tried the new files to see if it would work, the behaviour seemed the same as before; as it would work with the FX in focus but not when only the track is selected which has the FX on it. Then for some reason I stopped getting input from the BCR, it came back for a bit but now it's completely gone. When I turn the knobs in the FX window it does come through to the BCR in terms of the LEDs indicating the position (and the LED buttons funnily enough do show the correct value when the toggles are pressed in the FX window). I tried a different USB port and all that yadda yadda I could think of but no luck. I'm gonna keep trying different things in the meantime as this isn't something that I can easily be helped with, but I at least wanted to give an update. FYI with the old files it's exactly the same.

Edit: Well it's somehow working again now, obviously just after I posted this I don't know what went wrong but resetting some stuff has got it working.. So back to getting the SelectedTrackFX working I suppose: I tried getting it to work with the "OnTrackSelection" thing but that doesn't seem to work and it also resets my MCU faders everytime I switch tracks... So now I'm at least trying to getting it working through using a button to go into SelectedTrackFX, but clicking that button doesn't seem to do anything. But this raises a new question for me, as the example on the wiki as to what would be contained in the SelectedTrackFX zone has no use to me, so what do I put into the SelectedTrackFX zone?

Last edited by Donno; 05-17-2023 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Update
Donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 06:41 AM   #244
flipotto

Default Setup questions for bcr2000

Quote:
I've put together a basic BCR2000 setup for you. It's based around the Mackie C4 layout. As it stands it will map a focused FX's parameters to the 32 knobs automatically (you can edit the auto generated file to re-arrange the layout)

A few points to bear in mind:

i) The rows are A - D, with A being the top.

ii) The auto mapping maps from row D up (so it starts with the row nearest you, though this can be changed)

iii) Sometimes you will have to click the background and then click the FX window to get the "focus" to work. Or open an FX chain window and select the plugin in the chain from there. This is 100% reliable for me.

iv) BCR2000 MIDI over USB seems to be broken on Apple Silicon Macs. I could only get it to work using the MIDI ports.

v) There is a .bcr file to configure the BCR2000. I recommend downloading Mountain Utilities BC Manager (and making a donation!) to use this: https://mountainutilities.eu/bcmanager Alternatively there is a .syx of the same preset. Either will configure Preset 1 on the BCR2000 to match the supplied .mst file.

vi) The led buttons on the BCR2000 are problematic because there is no way of severing the local connection between button and LED. This means the LEDs cannot be relied upon to show the correct status of the parameter controlled. That said, I've assigned the two rows of 8 buttons to be C and D.

vii) The remaining three groups of the top 8 knobs (the first being row A) I've assigned to be row E,F and G. Currently their respective pushes are not defined, will get to that...

See if you can get this going with supplied files and then we can discuss expanding the functionality, good luck!
Please confirm my setup steps, bcr controls do not appear to do anything in reaper.
Reaper 6.79 - Windows 10
1. sent mm .bcr file to bcr with bcManger on preset 1.
2. disabled any reference to bcr in Reaper config midi devices.
3. Have CSI 3.0 installed in userplugins
4. Added CSI to Reaper Control Surfaces/OSC/web Control
5. Added BCR (I named that) as "surface" with
- BCR in first drop down
- 8 for num of chan
- 0 chan start
*6. Template in Surface dialog = BCR2000.mst
- zone folder = BCR2000
- FXzone folder = BCR2000

I restart reaper - I did not refresh control surface... hmm, maybe that is the problem. I am not at my computer to try that. I would have thought restart repear would have done that.
Thoughts?
What did I miss?
Thank you!

Last edited by flipotto; 05-18-2023 at 06:50 AM. Reason: added reaper ver and os
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:05 AM   #245
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Good to know that SelectedTrackFX is indeed what I'm after then, TCPFX doesn't make as much sense for me then either. The FocusedFX thing would be an afterthought at this point because getting the SelectedTrackFX working is proving to be enough of a task as is..
On reflection, SelectedTrackFX maybe isn't the best solution if you're looking to use plugins other than the SSL channel strip (which you probably are)

SelectedTrackFX will try to map all the plugins on the track to the surface, which will inevitably cause collisions in the mapping, with the last mapped plugin probably winning out. Messy Also, with auto map generation enabled this will be even messier

Here's a much simpler solution, just put this in your Home Zone:
Code:
Zone Home
/   OnInitialization ToggleAutoFocusedFXMapping  //When active, auto map generation for focused FX is disabled.
/   OnInitialization ToggleAutoFXMapping  //When active, auto map generation from the FX Menu is disabled.
/   OnInitialization ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping   //When active, FocusedFX mapping is disabled.
        IncludedZones
            Buttons
            "VST3: SSL Native Channel Strip 2 (SSL)"
            SelectedTrackSend    //Track sends mapped to RotaryE, send mute on push
            SelectedTrackTCPFX
        IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Now, whenever you switch tracks, the SSL strip will map to the surface...

The drawback here is that if you switch to another track that has a plugin other than the SSL strip, the parameter control won't be correct until that plugin is successfully focused (the SSL parameter assignments will still be active until that happens) You should also assign one of the BCR2000 user buttons to GoHome to get you back to the SSL strip when you want.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:07 AM   #246
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
Please confirm my setup steps, bcr controls do not appear to do anything in reaper.
What do you want them to do?
Old 05-18-2023, 07:09 AM   #247
flipotto

Quote:
What do you want them to do?
I was expecting the knobs to make the faders move to start.
Like A1 moving fader one as defined in the .mst
Code:
Widget RotaryA1 RotaryWidgetClass
	Encoder b0 00 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 7f
WidgetEnd
Then hoping for mapping fx.
I guess, I don't see anything that tells me the setup is working.
What should it do with what I have done - see other post.

Last edited by flipotto; 05-18-2023 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:10 AM   #248
MixMonkey

Quote:
I was expecting the knobs to make the faders move to start.
Like A1 moving fader one as defined in the .mst
Code:
Widget RotaryA1 RotaryWidgetClass
	Encoder b0 00 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 7f
WidgetEnd
Then hoping for mapping fx.
I guess, I don't see anything that tells me the setup is working.
What should it do with what I have done - see other post.
Ok, firstly the .mst doesn't define what controls do, it defines the messages that are sent out from the surface when the controls are used. Lots of good info here: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...i/CSI-Overview

Out of the box, the BCR2000 Zones are intended to allow FX mapping rather than channel functions like fader and pan. However, the second encoder group (top right button, under the LED display) is configured to map the sends of the selected track to the top row of encoders, with send mute being mapped to their pushes.

Put a bunch of sends on a track, select the track, select encoder group two and see if the BCR2000 controls that track's sends.

If it does, you're in business. If not, ZIP up your CSI folder, post it and i'll take a look.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:12 AM   #249
flipotto

Thanks MM, will test after work!
Old 05-18-2023, 04:11 PM   #250
flipotto

Quote:
Ok, firstly the .mst doesn't define what controls do, it defines the messages that are sent out from the surface when the controls are used. Lots of good info here: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...i/CSI-Overview

Out of the box, the BCR2000 Zones are intended to allow FX mapping rather than channel functions like fader and pan. However, the second encoder group (top right button, under the LED display) is configured to map the sends of the selected track to the top row of encoders, with send mute being mapped to their pushes.

Put a bunch of sends on a track, select the track, select encoder group two and see if the BCR2000 controls that track's sends.

If it does, you're in business. If not, ZIP up your CSI folder, post it and i'll take a look.
I confirm - sends are working!
Thank you!
So which encoder group do I select to control plugins?
Or do I need to write that myself.
I hope I can ask a few more questions.
Thanks.
Old 05-18-2023, 05:50 PM   #251
MixMonkey

Quote:
I confirm - sends are working!
Thank you!
Excellent! Now we know we have a solid foundation to move forward
Quote:
So which encoder group do I select to control plugins?
That would be encoder group one (top left button under the LED display).
Quote:
Or do I need to write that myself.
Version 3 of CSI has introduced auto-mapping of plugins. If you instanciate a plugin on a track, CSI will generate an auto FX.zon file for that plugin (if it doesn't already exist) and save it in the AutoGeneratedFXZones folder (inside the BCR2000 folder). When that plugin is "focused", the map will load and the BCR2000 rotaries will control the plugin. The most reliable way of focusing a plugin is to open an FX chain window and select it in the left hand side list (sometimes just opening the FX window doesn't work).

Here's what the auto-generated FX Zone for the TDR VOS EQ plugin looks like:
Code:
Zone "VST: TDR VOS SlickEQ (Tokyo Dawn Labs)" "VOS SlickEQ"

C4FXLayout "D" 1 FXParam 0 "LOW Gain"
    C4FXLayout "D" 2 FXParam 1 "LOW Freq"
    C4FXLayout "D" 3 FXParam 2 "LOW Shape"
    C4FXLayout "D" 4 FXParam 3 "MID Gain"
    C4FXLayout "D" 5 FXParam 4 "MID Freq"
    C4FXLayout "D" 6 FXParam 5 "HIGH Gain"
    C4FXLayout "D" 7 FXParam 6 "HIGH Freq"
    C4FXLayout "D" 8 FXParam 7 "HIGH Shape"
    C4FXLayout "C" 1 FXParam 8 "EQ Model"
    C4FXLayout "C" 2 FXParam 9 "EQ Sat"
    C4FXLayout "C" 3 FXParam 10 "HP Freq"
    C4FXLayout "C" 4 FXParam 11 "OUT Stage"
    C4FXLayout "C" 5 FXParam 12 "OUT Drive"
    C4FXLayout "C" 6 FXParam 13 "OUT Gain"
    C4FXLayout "C" 7 FXParam 14 "Bypass"
    C4FXLayout "C" 8 FXParam 15 "Mode"
    C4FXLayout "B" 1 FXParam 16 "LOW Bypass"
    C4FXLayout "B" 2 FXParam 17 "MID Bypass"
    C4FXLayout "B" 3 FXParam 18 "HIGH Bypass"
    C4FXLayout "B" 4 FXParam 19 "Auto Gain"
    C4FXLayout "B" 5 FXParam 20 "Quality"
    C4FXLayout "B" 6 FXParam 21 "Bypass"
    C4FXLayout "B" 7 FXParam 22 "Wet"
    C4FXLayout "B" 8 FXParam 23 "Delta"
    C4FXLayout "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Option "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Control "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
    C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
ZoneEnd

/ 0 "LOW Gain"
/ 1 "LOW Freq"
/ 2 "LOW Shape"
/ 3 "MID Gain"
/ 4 "MID Freq"
/ 5 "HIGH Gain"
/ 6 "HIGH Freq"
/ 7 "HIGH Shape"
/ 8 "EQ Model"
/ 9 "EQ Sat"
/ 10 "HP Freq"
/ 11 "OUT Stage"
/ 12 "OUT Drive"
/ 13 "OUT Gain"
/ 14 "Bypass"
/ 15 "Mode"
/ 16 "LOW Bypass"
/ 17 "MID Bypass"
/ 18 "HIGH Bypass"
/ 19 "Auto Gain"
/ 20 "Quality"
/ 21 "Bypass"
/ 22 "Wet"
/ 23 "Delta"
This FX Zone is saved in the AutoGeneratedFXZones folder as "VST__TDR_VOS_SlickEQ__Tokyo_Dawn_Labs_.zon". CSI has mapped the parameters of the plugin to the BCR2000 rotaries, beginning with the bottom row (row D 1-8) and carried on upward until it reached B8, where it ran out of parameters. Row A (the top row) is empty, indicated by the "-1" following "FXParam" and doesn't control anything when this Zone is active.

If you want to re-arrange the layout of the parameters on the surface, you can open the file in a plain text editor (Notepad++ is good on Windows, BBEdit on Mac) and change things about. For instance, let's make D1-3 the gain controls and C1-3 their corresponding frequency controls (so that the frequency controls appear immediately above their respective gain controls). Edit the text file so it looks like this and save it:
Code:
Zone "VST: TDR VOS SlickEQ (Tokyo Dawn Labs)" "VOS SlickEQ"

C4FXLayout "D" 1 FXParam 0 "LOW Gain"
	C4FXLayout "D" 2 FXParam 3 "MID Gain"
	C4FXLayout "D" 3 FXParam 5 "HIGH Gain" 
	C4FXLayout "D" 4 FXParam 2 "LOW Shape"
	C4FXLayout "D" 5 FXParam 9 "EQ Sat"
	C4FXLayout "D" 6 FXParam 8 "EQ Model"
	C4FXLayout "D" 7 FXParam 10 "HP Freq"
	C4FXLayout "D" 8 FXParam 7 "HIGH Shape"
	C4FXLayout "C" 1 FXParam 1 "LOW Freq"	
	C4FXLayout "C" 2 FXParam 4 "MID Freq"	
	C4FXLayout "C" 3 FXParam 6 "HIGH Freq"	
	C4FXLayout "C" 4 FXParam 11 "OUT Stage"
	C4FXLayout "C" 5 FXParam 12 "OUT Drive"
	C4FXLayout "C" 6 FXParam 13 "OUT Gain"
	C4FXLayout "C" 7 FXParam 14 "Bypass"
	C4FXLayout "C" 8 FXParam 15 "Mode"
	C4FXLayout "B" 1 FXParam 16 "LOW Bypass"
	C4FXLayout "B" 2 FXParam 17 "MID Bypass"
	C4FXLayout "B" 3 FXParam 18 "HIGH Bypass"
	C4FXLayout "B" 4 FXParam 19 "Auto Gain"
	C4FXLayout "B" 5 FXParam 20 "Quality"
	C4FXLayout "B" 6 FXParam 21 "Bypass"
	C4FXLayout "B" 7 FXParam 22 "Wet"
	C4FXLayout "B" 8 FXParam 23 "Delta"
	C4FXLayout "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Option "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Control "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "D" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "C" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "B" 8 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 1 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 2 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 3 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 4 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 5 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 6 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 7 FXParam -1 ""
	C4FXLayout+Alt "A" 8 FXParam -1 ""
ZoneEnd

/ 0 "LOW Gain"
/ 1 "LOW Freq"
/ 2 "LOW Shape"
/ 3 "MID Gain"
/ 4 "MID Freq"
/ 5 "HIGH Gain"
/ 6 "HIGH Freq"
/ 7 "HIGH Shape"
/ 8 "EQ Model"
/ 9 "EQ Sat"
/ 10 "HP Freq"
/ 11 "OUT Stage"
/ 12 "OUT Drive"
/ 13 "OUT Gain"
/ 14 "Bypass"
/ 15 "Mode"
/ 16 "LOW Bypass"
/ 17 "MID Bypass"
/ 18 "HIGH Bypass"
/ 19 "Auto Gain"
/ 20 "Quality"
/ 21 "Bypass"
/ 22 "Wet"
/ 23 "Delta"
You can also build FX Zones manually, but that's a story for another day...

Quote:
I hope I can ask a few more questions.
Ask away but it really is worth your time reading the Wiki as well
Old 05-18-2023, 06:11 PM   #252
flipotto

Thank you!
I have been able to move around some controls to diff knobs, no prob.
Back to Encoder groups - Group Encoder - upper left button - will toggle "A" knobs to control selected plugin. Encoder Group - upper right - "A" knobs control selected track send level and mute toggle.(As you told me during my initial test).

Are Encoder Groups - lower left and right assigned to change "A" knobs to do anything yet?

I looked at BCR2000.mst are these group encoder buttons the UserButton1 - 4?
Which zone file are they assigned a function? What about the C and D buttons?

I will reread the wiki to try to digest how to move forward.
Thank you again, cheers and have a nice day!

Last edited by flipotto; 05-18-2023 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2023, 03:26 AM   #253
MixMonkey

Quote:
Are Encoder Groups - lower left and right assigned to change "A" knobs to do anything yet?
Nope, not assigned to anything. In the .mst, Encoder Groups 2,3 and 4 are defined as E,F and G respectively.
Quote:
I looked at BCR2000.mst are these group encoder buttons the UserButton1 - 4?
No, the Encoder Group buttons do not appear in the .mst, they operate on the BCR2000 locally, much like the Preset or Store buttons. The User buttons appear at the very end of the .mst as UserButton1-4
Quote:
Which zone file are they assigned a function? What about the C and D buttons?
The UserButtons appear in the Buttons Zone. To maintain compatibility with the MackieC4, the two rows of eight buttons on the BCR2000 are defined as RotaryPushC1-8 and RotaryPushD1-8. There is no RotaryPushB.
Quote:
I will reread the wiki to try to digest how to move forward.
Thank you again, cheers and have a nice day!
You're welcome, good luck!
Old 05-19-2023, 03:42 AM   #254
Donno

Quote:
On reflection, SelectedTrackFX maybe isn't the best solution if you're looking to use plugins other than the SSL channel strip (which you probably are)

SelectedTrackFX will try to map all the plugins on the track to the surface, which will inevitably cause collisions in the mapping, with the last mapped plugin probably winning out. Messy Also, with auto map generation enabled this will be even messier

Here's a much simpler solution, just put this in your Home Zone:
Code:
Zone Home
/   OnInitialization ToggleAutoFocusedFXMapping  //When active, auto map generation for focused FX is disabled.
/   OnInitialization ToggleAutoFXMapping  //When active, auto map generation from the FX Menu is disabled.
/   OnInitialization ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping   //When active, FocusedFX mapping is disabled.
        IncludedZones
            Buttons
            "VST3: SSL Native Channel Strip 2 (SSL)"
            SelectedTrackSend    //Track sends mapped to RotaryE, send mute on push
            SelectedTrackTCPFX
        IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Now, whenever you switch tracks, the SSL strip will map to the surface...

The drawback here is that if you switch to another track that has a plugin other than the SSL strip, the parameter control won't be correct until that plugin is successfully focused (the SSL parameter assignments will still be active until that happens) You should also assign one of the BCR2000 user buttons to GoHome to get you back to the SSL strip when you want.
Ah I see, yeah it was indeed my plan to use more plugins if possible. Seems like you had a great idea cause this works very well! Controlling the controlstrip works great from track to track and when I focus another FX window I can still control other plugins as well. I noticed that the channelstrip windows had to be open for it to work, I guess this is a known thing? Well in any case, this is awesome, I really appreciate the help! Thank you so much.

I do have a few more questions: (sorry, you're almost done with me) I tried adding another plugin to the home zone to see if I could control another plugin besides the channelstrip as long as there's no overlap/collisions with the existing bindings for the channelstrip, but this didn't work. Is there a way to make this work or is it just not an option? That would be understandable too of course, I'm just curious. (I was trying to bind the SSL bus comp to the E rotaries)

Second thing: is write params to ZoneRawFXFiles still supposed to work? It's not working for me for some reason, wanted to use it to make some FX zones with CSIFX. Otherwise I can still make it work with the new AutoGenerated ones of course but just wondering.

Last thing Is there a way to invert (reverse) a rotary parameter? I tried to look for this but could only find some posts about there possibly being an Invert command but couldn't find how to apply it and nothing I tried worked. I also tried adding a negative acceleration value like how you showed me but that also didn't work, but adding a normal acceleration value also didn't seem to work so maybe I'm doing something wrong? (I copy and pasted so not much room for error I would think)
Donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 04:19 AM   #255
flipotto

Default Trying to add selected Track receive on group encoder button lower left

MM,
Thank you for your guidance.
This morning I attempted to add a zone for SelectedTrackReceive to the BCR2000
On Encoder Group button lower left aka UserButton3
I have created a Receive.zon in Zones/BCR2000
Code:
Zone SelectedTrackReceive
        RotaryE|                        TrackReceiveVolume 
        RotaryPushE|                    TrackReceiveMute
ZoneEnd
So those should probably be RotaryG?
I added SelectedTrackReceive to Home.zon
Code:
Zone Home
    IncludedZones
        Buttons
        SelectedTrackSend
        SelectedTrackTCPFX
	SelectedTrackReceive	
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
I am not sure what to put in Buttons.zon for UserButton3?
Code:
Zone Buttons
        UserButton1             	ToggleAutoFXMapping
        UserButton2             	ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping
        UserButton3             	NoAction
        UserButton4             	NoAction
ZoneEnd
I think I am close... but not sure what I am missing.

Last edited by flipotto; 05-19-2023 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-19-2023, 09:31 AM   #256
flipotto

Quote:
Nope, not assigned to anything. In the .mst, Encoder Groups 2,3 and 4 are defined as E,F and G respectively.

No, the Encoder Group buttons do not appear in the .mst, they operate on the BCR2000 locally, much like the Preset or Store buttons. The User buttons appear at the very end of the .mst as UserButton1-4
The Encoder group buttons only change what BCR is sending. I was missing that, not sure why, your description is clear. A is group 1
E is Group 2, F and G are 3 and 4 as you said.
I think I understand.
I believe I want SelectedTrackReceive to work on Group F instead of G below. I will experiment when I get home.

The User defined buttons are the bottom right 4, correct?

Last edited by flipotto; 05-19-2023 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-19-2023, 01:09 PM   #257
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Ah I see, yeah it was indeed my plan to use more plugins if possible. Seems like you had a great idea cause this works very well! Controlling the controlstrip works great from track to track and when I focus another FX window I can still control other plugins as well. I noticed that the channelstrip windows had to be open for it to work, I guess this is a known thing? Well in any case, this is awesome, I really appreciate the help! Thank you so much.
You shouldn't need to have an open window for the SSL mapping to work (I don't here), but as there are no displays on the BCR2000 it's probably prudent to keep a single FX chain window permanently open to monitor plugins as you move from track to track (set this up in the Reaper prefs). This will let you focus plugins on the selected track reliably as well as providing visual feedback.
Quote:
I do have a few more questions: (sorry, you're almost done with me) I tried adding another plugin to the home zone to see if I could control another plugin besides the channelstrip as long as there's no overlap/collisions with the existing bindings for the channelstrip, but this didn't work. Is there a way to make this work or is it just not an option? That would be understandable too of course, I'm just curious. (I was trying to bind the SSL bus comp to the E rotaries)
Let me take a look and see what's possible. Putting an FX Zone in the IncludedZones section of the Home Zone is definitely a hack, certainly not standard CSI practice. What would be much better would be a way to have an FX slot automatically load on track selection but still use the FXMenu to select other plugins on the track. Using the FXMenu would mean no more faffing about with focusing (or not) FX windows and is definitely my preferred method. That said, let me see if we can expand on the channel strip to include the bus comp.
Quote:
Second thing: is write params to ZoneRawFXFiles still supposed to work? It's not working for me for some reason, wanted to use it to make some FX zones with CSIFX. Otherwise I can still make it work with the new AutoGenerated ones of course but just wondering.
It's working here. Did you toggle it on using the Action?
Quote:
Last thing Is there a way to invert (reverse) a rotary parameter? I tried to look for this but could only find some posts about there possibly being an Invert command but couldn't find how to apply it and nothing I tried worked. I also tried adding a negative acceleration value like how you showed me but that also didn't work, but adding a normal acceleration value also didn't seem to work so maybe I'm doing something wrong? (I copy and pasted so not much room for error I would think)
I think parameter invert/reverse is still on the to do list.
Old 05-19-2023, 03:13 PM   #258
MixMonkey

Quote:
MM,
Thank you for your guidance.
This morning I attempted to add a zone for SelectedTrackReceive to the BCR2000
On Encoder Group button lower left aka UserButton3
I have created a Receive.zon in Zones/BCR2000
Code:
        RotaryE|                        TrackReceiveVolume 
        RotaryPushE|                    TrackReceiveMute
ZoneEnd
So those should probably be RotaryG?
I added SelectedTrackReceive to Home.zon
Code:
Zone Home
    IncludedZones
        Buttons
        SelectedTrackSend
        SelectedTrackTCPFX
	SelectedTrackReceive	
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
I am not sure what to put in Buttons.zon for UserButton3?
Code:
Zone Buttons
        UserButton1             	ToggleAutoFXMapping
        UserButton2             	ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping
        UserButton3             	NoAction
        UserButton4             	NoAction
ZoneEnd
I think I am close... but not sure what I am missing.
You are very close Your TrackReceive Zone and Home Zone syntax is correct but the TrackReceive Zone should be F not E (E is the SelectedTrackSend, remember?)

Also, if you put SelectedTrackReceive in the IncludedZones section of the Home Zone it is automatically activated, you don't need a button. It will work like SelectedTrackSend, with the Encoder Group buttons.

Here's a layout pic for the .mst:
Old 05-20-2023, 03:54 AM   #259
flipotto

Default Almost...

MM,

I am so close... TrackReceiveMute Works! Encoder Group lower left selected push down on encoder 1 will mute the receive on selected track.
However, turning encoder 1 does not move fader for TrackReceiveVolume.
I will confirm the spelling for TrackReceiveVolume.
Code:
        RotaryF|                        TrackReceiveVolume 
        RotaryPushF|                    TrackReceiveMute
ZoneEnd
Where should I look?

I can't get CSI Toggle show raw output from surface run action to show the window?
It worked earlier this week, when I tried it. Now nothing... same with the other CSI actions - Toggle show input, output

How - do I access "shift" on the bcr2000 or is that shift on the computer keyboard?

Lastly - on your image RotaryA1 has "type" same text for A2 "CH" ... A6 "Mode", what are these functions? Did I miss something else?

Thanks

Last edited by flipotto; 05-20-2023 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:26 AM   #260
MixMonkey

Quote:
MM,

I am so close... TrackReceiveMute Works! Encoder Group lower left selected push down on encoder 1 will mute the receive on selected track.
However, turning encoder 1 does not move fader for TrackReceiveVolume.
I will confirm the spelling for TrackReceiveVolume.
Code:
        RotaryF|                        TrackReceiveVolume 
        RotaryPushF|                    TrackReceiveMute
ZoneEnd
Where should I look?
What you have works fine here, but it's not the fader on the sending channel that moves, it's the corresponding send.
Quote:
I can't get CSI Toggle show raw output from surface run action to show the window?
It worked earlier this week, when I tried it. Now nothing... same with the other CSI actions - Toggle show input, output
No answers for this, working fine here..
Quote:
How - do I access "shift" on the bcr2000 or is that shift on the computer keyboard?
You will need to define one of the User buttons to Shift:
Quote:
UserButton1 Shift
You can get rid of the existing UserButton assignments if you want, they were just what I was using when experimenting. I'd assign one to GoHome, though.
Quote:
Lastly - on your image RotaryA1 has "type" same text for A2 "CH" ... A6 "Mode", what are these functions? Did I miss something else?
This is the BCR2000 Global Setup Menu, accessed by pressing Edit and Store together:

Old 05-20-2023, 06:11 AM   #261
flipotto

Quote:
What you have works fine here, but it's not the fader on the sending channel that moves, it's the corresponding send.
I do not understand.
I made two tracks. 1 sending to 2.
I select track 2 on Reaper. I look at IO window showing receive from track1.
I press down RotaryA1 and mute receive 1 mutes, great! I turn RotaryA1 and receive volume in that window does not change. The volume of track1 sent/received by track2 does not change for me when I turn rotaryA1.

Quote:
You will need to define one of the User buttons to Shift:
Cool, thanks.

Quote:
You can get rid of the existing UserButton assignments if you want, they were just what I was using when experimenting. I'd assign one to GoHome, though.
Great.

Quote:
This is the BCR2000 Global Setup Menu, accessed by pressing Edit and Store together:
Duh - I thought maybe it was some function you had created.
Thanks again.
Old 05-20-2023, 06:32 AM   #262
MixMonkey

Quote:
I do not understand.
I made two tracks. 1 sending to 2.
I select track 2 on Reaper. I look at IO window showing receive from track1.
I press down RotaryA1 and mute receive 1 mutes, great! I turn RotaryA1 and receive volume in that window does not change. The volume of track1 sent/received by track2 does not change for me when I turn rotaryA1.
Ah, I see what you mean. I didn't realise you were looking at the I/O window. Still, when I do what you describe here, it works fine. The receive fader in track 2 I/O window moves and the mute works. At the same time, I see the send on track one in the mixer window (the small knob) move, as you would expect.
Old 05-20-2023, 07:41 AM   #263
flipotto

Quote:
Ah, I see what you mean. I didn't realise you were looking at the I/O window. Still, when I do what you describe here, it works fine. The receive fader in track 2 I/O window moves and the mute works. At the same time, I see the send on track one in the mixer window (the small knob) move, as you would expect.
Rats... it is not working for me - I am not sure why...
Basically the same test - I just opened MCP to see the knobs.
There isn't a receive knob in the MCP - is there?
The only reason I want this is the adjust say - send verb effect and from the same encoder group be able to adjust receives on that verb while tweaking verb settings.

Same setup 2 tracks. Track1 sending to track 2.
EG(Encoder Group)E button pushed > Track1 selected > RotartyA1 moves send knob MCP (totrack2) and knob in IO window of track1.
EG(F) > Track2 selected > RotaryA1 mutes but won't move either the IO window receive NOR the Send knob (MCP) on Track1.
CSI.ini
Code:
Version 3.0

MidiSurface "BCR" 40 38 

Page "HomePage" FollowTCP
"BCR" 8 0 "BCR2000.mst" "BCR2000" "BCR2000"
I looked through Reaper settings for anything send related... nothing odd.

Should I send my CSI folder zipped... to see if I have accidentally screwed something else up?
Thanks

Last edited by flipotto; 05-20-2023 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2023, 09:32 AM   #264
MixMonkey

Quote:
There isn't a receive knob in the MCP - is there?
No, only sends I think.
Quote:
Should I send my CSI folder zipped... to see if I have accidentally screwed something else up?
Thanks
Yes, that's a good idea. I can swap it with mine and see what happens.
Old 05-20-2023, 10:20 AM   #265
flipotto

Thanks - here it is

Last edited by flipotto; 06-04-2023 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2023, 03:42 PM   #266
MixMonkey

Quote:
Thanks - here it is
Change your Home Zone to this and see if it works:
Code:
Zone Home
    IncludedZones
        Buttons
        SelectedTrackSend
        SelectedTrackReceive
        SelectedTrackTCPFX  
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Old 05-20-2023, 04:08 PM   #267
flipotto

Quote:
Change your Home Zone to this and see if it works:
Code:
Zone Home
    IncludedZones
        Buttons
        SelectedTrackSend
        SelectedTrackReceive
        SelectedTrackTCPFX  
    IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Wow - yay! That works. It must be some sort of order of preference.
Awesome and Wonderful!

Edit -
Receives - Works great and as expected.
I am loving the plugin control and the fact that I can user EG(A) to have another 8 FX controls, if I need them, or sends/receives.
I have shift programmed to userbutton4 working.
Time to go back and read some more of the WIKI and find some other cool stuff to do with this.
Is there a way to have the bcr2k toggle - lock to a particular device, like a synth, regardless of what has focus? Sorry I am going down the rabbit hole!
Thank you very much for all of your assistance, this is fantastic!
Is there a way to make the shift (userbutton4) toggle instead of momentary?

Last edited by flipotto; 05-20-2023 at 04:59 PM. Reason: adding a bit more
Old 05-20-2023, 05:49 PM   #268
MixMonkey

Quote:
Wow - yay! That works. It must be some sort of order of preference.
Pretty sure this counts as a bug
Quote:
Is there a way to have the bcr2k toggle - lock to a particular device, like a synth, regardless of what has focus?
I can't immediately think of a way of doing that (but that doesn't mean it can't be done)
Quote:
Sorry I am going down the rabbit hole!
Keep going. Eventually you'll meet up with the rest us at the Mad Hatter's tea party
Quote:
Thank you very much for all of your assistance, this is fantastic!
You're welcome (and Geoff always appreciates donations)
Quote:
Is there a way to make the shift (userbutton4) toggle instead of momentary?
If you tap it instead of holding it down, it will latch. Bear in mind this could be confusing as the BCR2000 button LEDs don't correctly report the state when the button is operated. At least with momentary you know Shift is only active when you're holding the button down...
Old 05-20-2023, 07:42 PM   #269
flipotto

Default Adding rotary push A,E,F,G + C,D

MM,

Looking at AutoGeneratedFXZones files.
What command can I add for in a "VST*.zon" file to use rotarypushA1?
Below is pulled from Juno-6 AutoGeneratedFXZones file
Code:
Zone "VST3i: Jun-6 V (Arturia)" "Jun-6 V"
	C4FXLayout "D" 1 FXParam 0 "Volume"
How do I rewrite an entry to address rotarypushA1 in this?
Code:
	C4FXLayout+Shift "A" 2 FXParam 57 "Arpeggiator ON/OFF"
I tired this and it works but it is momentary does not toggle on/off how to make it toggle?
I tried quick tap but it does not toggle
Code:
	RotaryPushA1 FXParam 57 "Arpeggiator ON/OFF"
I think I remember something about ignoring off message in the Wiki. I will look. Found something
IF I do this in bCR2000.mst
Code:
Widget RotaryPushA1
	Press 90 20 7f 
/ 90 20 00
WidgetEnd
I can turn the arp on, but not off with above.
Perhaps I need to edit the A1knobpush in bcmanager to be a toggle, instead of a momentary? However - I don't think that the .mst would be correct then.
How to handle the two states of the button...

Where should I report that "CSI Toggle Show Raw Input from Surfaces" is not working for me.
I did attempt to replace the .dll - no change.

Last edited by flipotto; 05-20-2023 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2023, 02:00 AM   #270
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Where should I report that "CSI Toggle Show Raw Input from Surfaces" is not working for me.
In the middle of setting up a means to properly report bugs.

In a few days, we'll have a process to do this in a more formal way than we have currently.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 05:34 AM   #271
Geoff Waddington

Preliminary GitHub repo set up for CSI installation.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/CSI_Install

Everyone. please look this over, the idea is to press the green code button and download the .zip file, which includes everything needed for the install.

Funkybot, can you create some content for the readme, maybe include links to the installation section of the Wiki, which will, of course, need to be modified -- I've sent an invite to you for the new repo.

We will use the issues section for bug reporting and feature requests.

I think we should keep the EXP version in the stash, then, when fixes/features have been verified, push those changes to Git.

What does everyone think of this ?
Old 05-21-2023, 05:38 AM   #272
MixMonkey

Quote:
MM,

Looking at AutoGeneratedFXZones files.
What command can I add for in a "VST*.zon" file to use rotarypushA1?
Use this:
Code:
RotaryPushA1 FXParam 57 [ 0.0 1.0 ] "Arpeggiator ON/OFF"
Old 05-21-2023, 05:41 AM   #273
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
This looks good and presumably will carry numbered releases as they are created?

Keeping the EXP version in the Stash is a good idea, should stop anyone accidentally ending up with a non-release version.
Old 05-21-2023, 05:45 AM   #274
MixMonkey

Has SelectedTrackFX been deprecated in V3.0? Haven't had any luck in getting it to work (in all honesty I can't actually remember how it did work) I tried to follow the Wiki, but there seems to be something of a conflation of SelectedTrack and SelectedTrackFX.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:48 AM   #275
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
This looks good and presumably will carry numbered releases as they are created?
Yes, each time a dylib/dll/support folder is updated they will receive new version number.

The dylib/dll will remain in lockstep and the CSI folder will vary independently as it is updated.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:49 AM   #276
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Has SelectedTrackFX been deprecated in V3.0? Haven't had any luck in getting it to work (in all honesty I can't actually remember how it did work) I tried to follow the Wiki, but there seems to be something of a conflation of SelectedTrack and SelectedTrackFX.
I'll have to look into this, haven't used SelectedTrackFX since I dumped the Console 1.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:50 AM   #277
Geoff Waddington

To be clear, in the new GitHub repo, the issues section will be used for confirmed bugs, not, "it doesn't work on my setup" type stuff, that's what this thread is for.
Old 05-21-2023, 08:00 AM   #278
flipotto

Default Donated

Just donated - loving CSI - thanks so much!
You have given the old BCR2000 a new life!
Old 05-21-2023, 08:01 AM   #279
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Preliminary GitHub repo set up for CSI installation.

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/CSI_Install

Everyone. please look this over, the idea is to press the green code button and download the .zip file, which includes everything needed for the install.

Funkybot, can you create some content for the readme, maybe include links to the installation section of the Wiki, which will, of course, need to be modified -- I've sent an invite to you for the new repo.

We will use the issues section for bug reporting and feature requests.

I think we should keep the EXP version in the stash, then, when fixes/features have been verified, push those changes to Git.

The code > download zip thing is nice and simple. I'd tried that in the past with other things to no avail where I needed proper installers. In those cases, the more traditional thing I'm used to with Github is keeping builds in the "Releases" section and posting there files there. There may even be some version history that can be enabled in Github to keep prior releases. Not sure, but I think I've seen that elsewhere.

Just stuff to think about.
Old 05-21-2023, 08:12 AM   #280
Funkybot

Added a quick Read Me to the new install page and pointed the wiki there for obtaining the latest CSI files.