Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-13-2023, 04:14 AM   #1
tom_wolf
Human being with feelings

Default Toontrack plug-ins in Reaper: no undo/redo keyboard shortcut?

Is there a preference setting in Reaper or in the Toontrack EZ plug-ins I am missing: I am unable to undo/redo any changes I make in the plug-in using the key commands (Cmd+Z / Cmd+Shift+Z). Nor are these changes included in Reaper’s undo history ?
tom_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 08:35 AM   #2
Michael Schuberth

Default which toontracks....

which Toontracks are you using? EZD 1,2 or 3. EZ Keys, EZ Bass? Keyboard commands (ctrl-z, ctrl-c etc) don't work on all EZ products. I assume you're working in Windows?
Cheers
Michael Schuberth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 12:59 PM   #3
tom_wolf

Using the latest edition of the EZ Keys, Bass and drummer 3 on Mac OS, I got it working more or less… thanks to the response from a technical advisor at Toontrack. I suppose it's ok to quote him here, as it might be helpful for fellow-users:

"Different hosts behave differently what (if any) keystrokes they pass on to plug-ins. If you have Enabled keyboard shortcuts in DAWs in the EZdrummer 3 Settings > Keyboard Shortcuts, you have at least the required part.
In Reaper, you can enable ‘send all keyboard input to plug-in’ when you have the EZdrummer 3 FX window selected. Then keystrokes *should* be passed on to the plug-in when the FX window is selected but I haven’t always experienced constant behaviour."
tom_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 03:33 PM   #4
Michael Schuberth

well that's good news ! In Windows EZK won't do keyboard commands as a plugin but EZB will, I'm hoping the new EZK will work as well as EZB.
Cheers
Michael Schuberth is offline   Reply With Quote