Old 01-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #1
Mavriq
Human being with feelings

Default Mavriq ReaLearn Bank Monitor

This package is for highlighting which bank is active when you use the awesome ReaLearn package from Heloboss. It monitors which bank is currently selected in ReLearn, and Highlights the affected Tracks by switching Layout Themes.

Bank 1. Tracks 1-8 Knobs Red to Indicate they are active:

Bank 2. Tracks 9-16 Knobs Red to Indicate they are active:

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Basic Setup
  1. To set up the script, select a ReaLearn Instance and the parameter that holds the bank information. The instance can be on the Monitoring FX Chain, The Master FX Chain, or a regular Track. Select the appropriate location From the "ReaLearn FX Chain" Drop down.
  2. If you selected "Track", enter the track number below it.
  3. Pick the ReaLearn instance in the "FX List" drop-down.
  4. Select the parameter number that stores the bank information. If you are using DAW Control (see ReaLearn documentation), then use "Master parameter #1". To select a compartment parameter, select 101 - 200. IE 101 = compartment #1.
  5. The bank size parameter should be set to the number of controls in each bank. If you have 10 sliders, then select 10. The tracks display will then show the correct amount of tracks "targeted" by the bank.

Theme Switching

There are 4 Theme Layouts included with the Bank Monitor. 2 for the Mixer and 2 for the TCP tracks. The Default Layouts are to be shown when the tracks are not targeted by the current bank. The Active Layouts are for when they are. For example you may pick a track layout with red slider knobs when the bank is active, and grey when not. This lets you see quickly which tracks are in the current bank. If you wish, you can use any Theme Layouts you wish; just make sure they are different enough so you can see which are active.
  1. Set a track up with the desired layout, make sure the track is selected and press the "Set" button. The name will be pulled from the track. This is useful when the name has special characters not easy to enter via the keyboard. You may also type it manually if you wish.

Use the "Dock" and "Undock" buttons to control docking.

That's it; the bank and track information should appear and update when you change banks.

The script is available via ReaPack.
Add the ReaPack repository: https://github.com/mavriq-dev/public...ster/index.xml

Search for Mavriq and select "Mavriq ReaLearn Bank Monitor"

Last edited by Mavriq; 11-25-2023 at 07:09 AM.
Mavriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 02:33 PM   #2
indigomirage

Default Suggestion for script...

Hi there - you have written a very useful script!

For myself, I made a slight tweak that others might find handy to accommodate Dynamic (MCP) type triggers in Realearn.

I generally hide subtracks from the MCP when mixing (and unhide them when needed) so it's helpful to have the Realearn banks respect what's showing, and since your script amazingly sets the track layout based on bank, I added in a fix.

...changes to bankmon structure...
bankmon = {
isopen = true,
bank_size = 8,
realearn_cur_bank = 1,
realearn_param_num = 0,
realearn_track = nil,
realearn_fxchain_slot = -1,
realearn_track_num = 1,
fxchain_type = "Monitoring",
fx_list = {},
bank_track_numbers = "",
-- bg_color = 0,
theme_mix_layout_def = "",
theme_mix_layout_act = "",
theme_trk_layout_def = "",
theme_trk_layout_act = "",
track_map = {}, ---<<<<<< added track_map array
initial_load = true
}

...added function....

function bankmon.set_track_map()
bankmon.track_map = {}
j=0
for i=0,reaper.CountTracks()-1 do
mTrack = reaper.GetTrack(0,i)
if mTrack ~= nil then
-- if the track is not visible in MCP then skip
retval, flagsOut = reaper.GetTrackState(mTrack)
if flagsOut & 1024 ~= 1024 then
bankmon.track_map[j] = i
j=j+1
end
end
end
end

...changed to respect the new array
function bankmon.SetTrackLayout(low_track_num, high_track_num, track_attribute,
layout_name)
if layout_name ~= "" then
for i = low_track_num - 1, high_track_num - 1, 1 do
if bankmon.track_map[i] then ---<<<<<< added track_map reference
track = r.GetTrack(0, bankmon.track_map[i])
if track then
r.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(track, track_attribute,
layout_name, true)
end
end
end
end
end

....added call in Update_layouts()

function bankmon.update_layouts()
if bankmon.realearn_fxchain_slot ~= -1 then

bankmon.set_track_map() ---<<<<<< added track_map call

local fx_pos = bankmon.realearn_fxchain_slot

Fairly simple. I can send you the updated script if it helps, but I'm not sure how best to handle this stuff as I don't want anyone to be confused by it. (I also wonder if it could use a checkbox to have the user decide if they want this...)

Cheers!
indigomirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 12:56 AM   #3
TonE

What I would find most useful as jsfx or lua, regarding realearn and its clip engine specifically, a clip matrix feedback gui. Basically a replication of the button matrix you see on a hardware controller like apc key 25, as seen in clip engine youtube video. Having a touch screen device or a graphics tablet, would give you same access or overview at least.
Maybe worth considering for another talented jsfx/lua dev, for the future.
Start stop of clips and scenes would be enough. Just most basic functionality.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 01:00 AM   #4
TonE

@indigomirage: There is a script which can auto-hide non-playing mcp tracks. Very cool if you have lots of track counts, simplifying MCP at any moment to only playing tracks. There is a TCP non-playing track auto-hiding version as well. Maybe interesting to you as well, if not knowing yet. Have fun with Reaper friends.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:19 PM   #5
indigomirage

Very interesting wrt hiding non-playing tracks. In my case, when I have a few guitars (or perhaps drums) I'll put them in folders and once they are balanced within the folder, it's really like a bus at that point, but without the need for a send. Since the tracks in the folder at all playing they'd not be made invisible)

BTW - I'm in the process of making a robust control template for the Maschine Mk3. I'll let when it's ready (I did an initial draft of it but am expanding it). Obviously, it's a bit of a stretch to use that hardware as an ideal DAW controller, but, well, it's what I have. (and it's a pretty fun exercise thinking about ways to leverage it and being able to avoid the mouse...)

Cheers!
indigomirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:35 AM   #6
TonE

Then check:
(a) realearn with its clip engine
(b) lbx smart knobs 2
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255301
Old 11-22-2023, 11:00 PM   #7
TomInBrisbane

Default Mavriq Bank Monitor issue

[SOLVED] An earlier version (0.31) was installed. Latest is now 0.3.3 Be careful to choose the latest version, not the version at the top of the list.

I have installed the Bank Monitor and it is reading the bank commands from my DAW control. What I haven't been able to do is set the Theme Settings.

The instructions say, "There are 4 Theme Layout settings. 2 each for the mixer and tcp tracks." I see only two settings for Default and Active. See attached picture. (I am happy without having separate settings for MCP and TCP if necessary.)

What I can't seem to do is nominate any settings for Default and Active. The instructions say, 'you can set a track up with the required layout and press "Set"' but that doesn't set anything for me. Neither does typing the track name into the field.

I wonder if I might have overlooked something obvious? Using reaper 7.03 on macOS-arm64 and the plugins appear up to date in ReaPack.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 15.48.21.png (64.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by TomInBrisbane; 11-23-2023 at 07:11 PM.
TomInBrisbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:30 AM   #8
Mavriq

Sorry for the late reply, I've been absent from the forums for quite a bit.

For the theme, you need to apply your Default(no active) theme to a track, and with it selected press the set button. Then do the same for the Active layout. It should then switch between them.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:11 AM   #9
Mavriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigomirage View Post
Hi there - you have written a very useful script!

For myself, I made a slight tweak that others might find handy to accommodate Dynamic (MCP) type triggers in Realearn.
Really appreciate the work. I will add it as an option when I have time. Just unsure when that is.

Thanks!