Old 04-17-2022, 01:34 PM   #121
Grim Jim
Human being with feelings

Default New Update: 17th/April/2022 (Easter Sunday)

Hey all. It just so happens to be Easter Sunday and I have a new update. This time, it's two new themes.

First up. I've made a mod of the Peace theme. All I've done for this one is made the track folder icons more visible in the track panels. There was more that I wanted to do with this theme (such as making the track panels tint on selection) but the theme is made in some unique ways so I can't do much with it so I just uploaded it anyway.

Secondly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman34 View Post
hi - thanks for posting all your fine work! since you hinted that you were open to suggestions, would you consider trying to tweak the mixer in I Logic free V1.2 to add bevels around, or simply dividers between each of the mixer track panels (like the protools theme), and make the mixer track panels dark silver (like the UA Luna DAW) instead of black? thanks again.
By Request, I have uploaded a version of the iLogic theme called iLogic Beveled Silver which has silver track & mixer panels with beveled edges (well, as close as I could do with my basic GIMP Skills) which hopefully meets your expectations.
And I hope you're grateful for it too.

Both themes can be found by going to the link in my sig. Happy Easter lads
Old 04-17-2022, 02:51 PM   #122
jnorman34

Thanks Jim!
jnorman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:26 AM   #123
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 19th/May/2022

New update here. My mod of the Peace theme has been updated to version 1.02.

For this one, I've managed to get the track panels to tint like the mixer panels and I've added a play rate fader to the transport.

You can download it by going to my signature as usual.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:28 AM   #124
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Jim View Post
New update here. My mod of the Peace theme has been updated to version 1.02.

For this one, I've managed to get the track panels to tint like the mixer panels and I've added a play rate fader to the transport.

You can download it by going to my signature as usual.

not bad but the FX slots in the TCP look squashed in height
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:57 AM   #125
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
not bad but the FX slots in the TCP look squashed in height
I'm still using REAPER 5 so I can't see things like that. Maybe I should get around to trying REAPER 6 but I usually see complaints about it so that makes me wary about moving to Reaper 6. But hey I could always find the time to try it out for myself sometime.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:10 PM   #126
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 3rd/July2022

Hey. A new update is here. One new theme has been added. This one is a mod of the Magic Clover theme. I've made some tweaks to it (mainly some new track & mixer layouts) to make it fit my needs. You can find it with all the other themes in the link in my sig down below.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:30 AM   #127
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 8th/July2022

My mod of Magic Clover has been updated to 1.02

This time, many fixes and improvements have been made as well as some new mixer layouts.

You can find it as usual in the link in my sig below.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:40 AM   #128
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 9th/July//2022

The following themes have been updated...

Default 5 Hybrid Edition to 2.05

and INQUASAR Dark Matter to 1.10

For Both themes, I've tweaked the appearance of the envelope control panels and the learn and mod parameters have been tweaked to have more contrast.

You can download them both from the link in my sig as always.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:27 AM   #129
Grim Jim

Default New Update: September/14th/2022

Hey all. the following themes have been updated...

Fusion RJ to 1.15

Magic Clover Dark to 1.04

For Fusion, I have fixed with the gen_i/o image (as seen in the media explorer). The button disappeared when hovering over it. That has been fixed now.
And for Magic Clover, I've changed the appearance of the track & mixer folder indents and I've made fixes to some of the Master mixer layouts.

You can download these themes and more by going to the link in my sig down below as usual.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:22 PM   #130
fmL

i know George the creator of ReaPrise could use a little help fixing some mac issues on his theme. maybe you could get in contact with him.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:08 AM   #131
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmL View Post
i know George the creator of ReaPrise could use a little help fixing some mac issues on his theme. maybe you could get in contact with him.
I don't have a mac.
Old 09-16-2022, 06:00 AM   #132
GBPAF

Glad for the effort Jim. The Fusion mod is my fav for now, the only thing that would make it perfect for my workflow would be a big meter and a vca layout for the mixer!! Thanks
GBPAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 02:45 PM   #133
Grim Jim

Default New Update: November/9th/2022

I have just updated both versions of Paulinesia to 1.15

For this one, I have made the the track names on the TCP centre aligned. And made some small fixes to the some of the layouts too.

You can download my stuff from my sig below as usual.
Old 11-14-2022, 06:07 AM   #134
Grim Jim

Default New Update: November/14th/2022

Hey all, I have just updated Paulienesia to version 1.17

This time, I've re-designed the meter on the Track panel to match the one on the Mixer panel. It took me quite some time to find which image that was making the meter look wrong. in the end, it was meter_strip h which had a grey panel that I had to get rid of to make the meter look right.

Also, I've made many fixes & improvements to the track panel layouts so now the theme has a more "finished" look and feel to it.

Download this updated theme from my signature below.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #135
twonky

These are great, thanks!
twonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 03:13 PM   #136
skylar_battles

Hey Grim Jim! Thanks for the themes

On my Mac system both of the Hybrid themes (vivid colors and normal) look identical.

Also, notice how in most themes have the diamonds moving above the midi editor to denote where the swing percentage is. They can also be grabbed and adjusted by dragging. I attached a small gif of the default theme to show those diamonds. Could that be implemented into your hybrid themes as at the moment they aren't visible when adjusting swing?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by skylar_battles; 03-05-2023 at 07:42 PM.
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:57 AM   #137
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar_battles View Post
Hey Grim Jim! Thanks for the themes

On my Mac system both of the Hybrid themes (vivid colors and normal) look identical.

Also, notice how in most themes have the diamonds moving above the midi editor to denote where the swing percentage is. They can also be grabbed and adjusted by dragging. I attached a small gif of the default theme to show those diamonds. Could that be implemented into your hybrid themes as at the moment they aren't visible when adjusting swing?

Thanks so much!
Firstly, with Default Hybrid Edition, the normal track colors are just the default colors unchanged form the default theme. The vivid colored one is just the track colors are slightly more saturated. I included both because I couldn't decide which was better.

Secondly, I don't know how to show diamonds in the MIDI editor.
Old 02-20-2023, 07:39 AM   #138
RobertP

In the MIDI editor: View -->Piano Roll Notes -->Diamonds (Drum mode)
Old 02-21-2023, 03:34 PM   #139
skylar_battles

Thanks for the responses!

Robert, I'm not talking about drum mode, I'm talking about the diamonds above the grid denoting swing percentage. Check out my gif if you're curious!
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:11 PM   #140
Grim Jim

Default New Update: April/3rd/2023

The Fusion RJ theme has just been updated to version 1.16

In this case, I discovered an issue which the track input FX button would be out of position with some of the track layouts when record armed. That has been fixed now.

You can download this update as usual from the link in my signature.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:25 AM   #141
fotisandstuff

Your INQUASAR Dark Matter edit is my favorite theme in the universe.
fotisandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 04:15 AM   #142
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 12th/June/2023

New update here. One new theme has been added and two existing themes have been updated.

Firstly, the tinted and un-tinted versions of Paulienesia have been updated to version 1.19
This time, I've added a new transport layout with white lines between the buttons.

Secondly, I have added new theme. This one is a white version of Paulienesia.

Looking back at a pic of an early prototype of Paulienesia by it's original creator, the theme was originally white as seen the pic below...
https://stash.reaper.fm/40467/Paulienesia.png

The final version ended up being much darker. So inspired by that pic, I decided to make a light & white version of Paulienesia as a tribute to the aesthetic of the early prototype and I've called it Paulienesia White.

This new theme and the updated ones can all be found by going to the link in my signature below.

Last edited by Grim Jim; 06-12-2023 at 04:19 AM. Reason: typing errors
Grim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 01:07 PM   #143
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 15th/June/2023

I have just updated the following themes...

Janne Pancake to 1.03

And Paulienesia White to 1.02

This time it's only a few small improvements & fixes.

Both themes can be downloaded from the link in my signature below.
Old 07-18-2023, 01:57 AM   #144
Skijumptoes

Really like this collection, but it's a shame very few have attention to the FX slots in TCP, most of them the slots go to the bottom of the track header rather than the right hand side.

Perhaps I'm in the minority but it's one of the first things I look for in a theme.

Great work though, Jim, and thanks for sharing!
Skijumptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:48 AM   #145
Reticular

Default good for the eyes

I´ve had to register to say my thanks, one of your themes has nailed my eye type,
"Apollo_indent Jims Mod v1.24" is rather great, i want to have it open 0-24

I know it is all about the "eye of beholder", but it really helped me!You got the eye mate!

The other one is GrayGround, but, i found pic of this older version which i cant locate on the internets, does it look falmiliar?

Thanks again, cheers!
Reticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 04:18 AM   #146
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticular View Post
I´ve had to register to say my thanks, one of your themes has nailed my eye type,
"Apollo_indent Jims Mod v1.24" is rather great, i want to have it open 0-24

I know it is all about the "eye of beholder", but it really helped me!You got the eye mate!

The other one is GrayGround, but, i found pic of this older version which i cant locate on the internets, does it look falmiliar?

Thanks again, cheers!
Thanks for the compliment. As for Grayground, What's the difference between the version in your image and my latest version? I don't quite understand. Care to elaborate? Also, the image you posted is very tiny. Can you post a larger image?
Old 08-19-2023, 01:56 PM   #147
Reticular

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. As for Grayground, What's the difference between the version in your image and my latest version? I don't quite understand. Care to elaborate? Also, the image you posted is very tiny. Can you post a larger image?
Yeah, Hi!

This is an image from 2018 which somebody already posted before, not sure which thread tho, so this is the biggest i have

What is different is
- the transport bar is under the mixer
- when the mixer size is in this (posted img)height the metering is still vertical almost full size where in the versions i have it opens vertically after mixer takes more than 50% of vertical screen size, othervise it is small horisontal blue box
- there´s a toolbar on the lower right side of the mixer which is interesting

This is the best i got
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCQ...ew?usp=sharing
Old 08-21-2023, 03:52 AM   #148
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticular View Post
Yeah, Hi!

What is different is
- the transport bar is under the mixer
- when the mixer size is in this (posted img)height the metering is still vertical almost full size where in the versions i have it opens vertically after mixer takes more than 50% of vertical screen size, othervise it is small horisontal blue box
- there´s a toolbar on the lower right side of the mixer which is interesting
- On any theme, you can right click the transport bar which brings up a dropdown menu where you can find the option for the docked transport position which you can set to "bottom of main window". This fixes your transport to the bottom of the screen. This works for any theme.

- For the mixer layout, you can hold ctrl and press e which brings up the window to change layouts. From there, you can find the option to change the mixer layout. The one shown in your screenshot is called "Large". That is the layout you're looking for.

- As for the toolbar at the right side of the screen, you can create custom toolbars and dock them to which ever side of the screen you want. This is a feature that applies to any theme in Reaper. It's not specific to any particular theme. You can do it with any theme. You might want to watch the tutorial video on how it's done.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:27 AM   #149
Reticular

Much appreciated!

Thank you sir!This made transition from an old FL smooth as it can be.

Cheers
Old 08-25-2023, 11:14 AM   #150
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 25th/August/2023

New Update here. All three versions of Paulienesia have been updated to include a new custom splash screen which i got from the collection posted by vseanv in the thread below...

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=281814

You can download the themes from the link in my signature below.
Old 08-30-2023, 05:46 AM   #151
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 30th/August/2023

Hey all. It's a new update again. This time, I have added a one new theme (technically two but whatever) as well as updates to some existing themes.

Firstly, the new theme which is a mod of Janne Remastered. There are tinted and un-tinted versions of this theme to choose.

Secondly, the following themes have been updated...

Apollo Indent to 1.25

VGS Dark Extended to 1.16

Magic Clover to 1.05

Paulienesia (tinted & untinted versions) to 1.22

Paulienesia White to 1.05

And Instrument 4 to 1.05

For some of these themes, I've added some new layouts. For others, it's just some small fixes and visual improvements.
You can download these themes and more from the link in my sig as usual.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:07 PM   #152
caminofarol

Greyground is my favourite theme of all reaper themes! thank you!
however I do prefer faders than knobs for the TCP. would it be too difficult to implement this? any tips for where to start?

thanks!
caminofarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:51 AM   #153
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminofarol View Post
would it be too difficult to implement this?
Yes it would (for me at least). Sorry.

Quote:
any tips for where to start?
You could try to unpack the theme and look for the rtconfig file and learn WALTER. You could unpack another theme that has TCP faders, look at the config file of that theme, copy that line of code and paste it into the track layout of the grayground theme's config file. When you make changes, refresh the theme to look at the results.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:57 AM   #154
caminofarol

Quote:
Yes it would (for me at least). Sorry.

You could try to unpack the theme and look for the rtconfig file and learn WALTER. You could unpack another theme that has TCP faders, look at the config file of that theme, copy that line of code and paste it into the track layout of the grayground theme's config file. When you make changes, refresh the theme to look at the results.
Thank you Grim Jim!
great tip! it kind of worked!!
the nearby buttons got a bit distorted but it worked!
also now these buttons rearranged themselves when changing the width of the TCP. I guess this is a config that brought the new layout i copied.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 12.50.54.png (36.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 09-18-2023, 09:28 AM   #155
Grim Jim

Quote:
Thank you Grim Jim!
great tip! it kind of worked!!
the nearby buttons got a bit distorted but it worked!
also now these buttons rearranged themselves when changing the width of the TCP. I guess this is a config that brought the new layout i copied.
You didn't have to copy all the code from the other layout. Only the line with the tcp volume control. It looks like you copied the whole track layout when you could have just copied the line with the set tcp volume.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:41 AM   #156
caminofarol

Quote:
You didn't have to copy all the code from the other layout. Only the line with the tcp volume control. It looks like you copied the whole track layout when you could have just copied the line with the set tcp volume.
thank you! learning a lot here. it did work! i only included the "set tcp volume" texts from the other layout but now the fader is on top of the mute and solo buttons.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:56 AM   #157
Grim Jim

Quote:
thank you! learning a lot here. it did work! i only included the "set tcp volume" texts from the other layout but now the fader is on top of the mute and solo buttons.
In the config file, in the line of code for the tcp volume, there is a set of numbers in the brackets. Change the numbers to change the position of the fader. The 1st four numbers are for the position and the numbers after that are for the size.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:16 PM   #158
caminofarol

Quote:
In the config file, in the line of code for the tcp volume, there is a set of numbers in the brackets. Change the numbers to change the position of the fader. The 1st four numbers are for the position and the numbers after that are for the size.
amazing!
i have it working! this is amazing!
only using these two lines of codes

set tcp.volume h<35 [0] w<20 [0] [30 100 400 22 0 0 1 0]
set tcp.volume.fadermode [0]

the fader is there and I managed to put it in the right coordinates! though if i change the vertical width of the track all the icons stays together in the center except my new volume fader which moves back and forth!
thank you lots Grim Jim!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:31 PM   #159
Grim Jim

Quote:
The 1st four numbers are for the position and the numbers after that are for the size.
Whoops. I meant the 1st two numbers. The 1st two numbers are for position. The next two are for size and the four after that are for position relative to the track stretching.

Quote:
amazing!
i have it working! this is amazing!
only using these two lines of codes

set tcp.volume h<35 [0] w<20 [0] [30 100 400 22 0 0 1 0]
set tcp.volume.fadermode [0]

the fader is there and I managed to put it in the right coordinates! though if i change the vertical width of the track all the icons stays together in the center except my new volume fader which moves back and forth!
thank you lots Grim Jim!
See the last 4 digits in the tcp.volume code? Try changing them to match the ones from the other buttons. That might make the fader position go along with the other buttons on the track panel.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:53 PM   #160
caminofarol

Quote:
Whoops. I meant the 1st two numbers. The 1st two numbers are for position. The next two are for size and the four after that are for position relative to the track stretching.

See the last 4 digits in the tcp.volume code? Try changing them to match the ones from the other buttons. That might make the fader position go along with the other buttons on the track panel.
I tried that but I guess i copied the wrong numbers! now that I paid more attention I saw the same numbers repeating and copied those and voila!
I am so happy!!!! it works amazingly!
i feel like a cute little daw hacker now.

love reaper and this community! thank you lots GJ!