Old 05-16-2023, 01:40 PM   #1
ihavelostmykeys
Human being with feelings

Default Trusted controller recommendations 2023

Hi there, I'm looking for a controller recommendation. I know there's plenty of threads like this but I'm looking for something more straightforward than usually. :-) Many functions in Reaper require extra mods, installation, expansions, coding, workarounds... I don't want to spend hours or days installing drivers, looking for help and pulling hair out from my head. So, are there any controllers on market that work with Reaper right off the bat? Just plug an play or install one thing and that's it - all the functions reliably working, no disruption for other devices, no surprises. I used to have 8-fader unit, now I need at least 1 but I might end up with 16 so please share anything that works regardless the size. Many thanks
ihavelostmykeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 07:13 AM   #2
MST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavelostmykeys View Post
Hi there, I'm looking for a controller recommendation.
Lots of good ones, I use Twister, Mackie C4, Ipad, X-Touch, etc reliably.
And many many more to recommend.

Quote:
So, are there any controllers on market that work with Reaper right off the bat?
No.

Quote:
Just plug an play or install one thing and that's it - all the functions reliably working, no disruption for other devices, no surprises.
Well yes, kind of..
When you get the X-Touch Universal, instal the CSI plugin and support files, you get a nifty cool system of the bat with the most inportant functions already implemented, it supports a bunch of cool controllers, but the X-touch is a winner in price and coolness.

But to implement it, and get to know it well you need a bit of reading (not exessive).
Hope this helps..
MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 07:28 AM   #3
dna598

I got the faderfox EC4 recently. It's absolutely fantastic with realearn.

But you need to spend a week tearing your hair out mapping it. The reward is practically unlimited control.

so not for you i suppose.

Try the UC1 from SSL. I also have it. No setup apart from installing their mixer app and putting the plugins on your tracks. Can't do anything else with it tho, which is why i got the EC4.
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote