Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Spatial Audio

Old 05-02-2023, 03:23 PM   #1
jono
Human being with feelings

Default reasurroundpan and heights in 7.1.4

Hi - I've been trying to figure out if I can use Reaper for mixing ATMOS. I'm using Logic now, but would much rather use Reaper. I've got Reaper talking to the Dolby Audio Bridge/Dolby Atmos Renderer just fine. I'm looking for a panning alternative to feed the bed. Reasurroundpan seems to work fine, except it feed all 4 height channels no matter where I have it panned. So if I have a stereo track panned all the way up high to the front, I get audio in the rear heights too. Any ideas? Thanks! Jon
Old 05-02-2023, 04:57 PM   #2
sguyader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Hi - I've been trying to figure out if I can use Reaper for mixing ATMOS. I'm using Logic now, but would much rather use Reaper. I've got Reaper talking to the Dolby Audio Bridge/Dolby Atmos Renderer just fine. I'm looking for a panning alternative to feed the bed. Reasurroundpan seems to work fine, except it feed all 4 height channels no matter where I have it panned. So if I have a stereo track panned all the way up high to the front, I get audio in the rear heights too. Any ideas? Thanks! Jon
Hi, would you agree sharing your setup? I've tried but failed. I succeded getting the LTC code to send signal to the Dolby Renderer for time code synchronization. But for whatever reason, I can't figure out how to send the audio to the renderer.
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:02 PM   #3
jm duchenne

Hi,
If I have understood you have connected the ReaSurround Pan configured as 7.1.4 to an Atmos bed ?
Atmos bed can be only 7.1.2 where all upper channels are merged into the top Left/Right.
What you get might not be a problem with the ReaSurroundPan but the limit of the Atmos bed ?
In order to have 7.1.4 you have to use objects.
If you send the 11 outputs channels of the ReaSurroundPad to 11 objects correctly positionned it must work as expected.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:02 AM   #4
jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm duchenne View Post
Hi,
If I have understood you have connected the ReaSurround Pan configured as 7.1.4 to an Atmos bed ?
Atmos bed can be only 7.1.2 where all upper channels are merged into the top Left/Right.
What you get might not be a problem with the ReaSurroundPan but the limit of the Atmos bed ?
In order to have 7.1.4 you have to use objects.
If you send the 11 outputs channels of the ReaSurroundPad to 11 objects correctly positionned it must work as expected.
Ah yes. Logic is the same, but somehow it lets me monitor in 7.1.4. Thanks for the help!

Since I have you here - are there any issues with mixing in Reaper and rendering ADM's with DAR? I read somewhere along the line that some of the metadata Dolby needs doesn't get included in the Reaper originated ADM's, but I'm not sure if that's accurate, or current. Thanks again! Jon
Old 05-03-2023, 09:06 AM   #5
jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguyader View Post
Hi, would you agree sharing your setup? I've tried but failed. I succeded getting the LTC code to send signal to the Dolby Renderer for time code synchronization. But for whatever reason, I can't figure out how to send the audio to the renderer.
Well, I just put it together yesterday, and I don't have a lot of experience, but I'm happy to share with you. It might be easier via phone call, tbh. If you want to send me a PM, I'll send a phone number.

thanks!

J