Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-12-2023, 03:22 PM   #1
Tower Studio
Human being with feelings

Default Antares Auto-Tune Pro X

Is anyone here using Antares Auto-Tune Pro X on Reaper with any sort of success? Here (on a Mac - everything updated with the latest versions) it's a nightmare really regarding sync / plugin delay compensation. I'm not even talking about the ARA compatibility which doesn't work at all yet.

In Auto or Graph mode, the audio Auto-Tune delivers back is offset by VARYING values that keep changing each time I press play (few samples each time). Basically Auto-Tune changes it's own delay without informing the DAW about it (or Reaper does not read it correctly maybe?). Even if Reaper ignores the plugin delay in the FX Chain in the PDC mode. Preventing Anticipative FX doesn't change a thing.

Also the Graph display is not in sync with the audio by quite a consequent margin (1 sec or so).

Basically it's a sh*t-show and I can't find any content about this anywhere, no videos of Auto-Tune in Reaper, not much on the forum either.

Thanks for any insight / help.
Tower Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 03:54 PM   #2
skylar_battles

Thanks for sharing: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=274940

I've been waiting to buy this version and the timing of the sale and official Ventura compatibility didn't work out so far :/

Sorry to hear about the issues.

Have you tried the option in preferences -> playback -> Flush FX when looping?
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 04:02 PM   #3
Tower Studio

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just tried, didn't change a thing unfortunately.
Honestly, for the price Antares asks for it (I own the previous Auto-Tune Pro and the update costs 205€), this is ridiculous I hope there is a way around that.
Sadly I very much prefer Auto-Tune over Melodyne, Waves Tune, or bx_crispytuner (both in sound and workflow).
Old 03-12-2023, 04:21 PM   #4
skylar_battles

Of course! Let me know what you end up doing. I have some free auto-tune options but will need to purchase something for auto and graphical soon and was hoping to buy the new auto-tune :/
Old 03-12-2023, 04:24 PM   #5
Tower Studio

I have a free 6-month goodwill subscription to Auto-Tune Unlimited, I hope I'll figure something out before then and will decide accordingly, but I'd love it to work really.
Old 03-12-2023, 04:37 PM   #6
skylar_battles

Did you try different buffer sizes and some different plugin setting options on Reaper's per plug in settings for the instance of Auto-tune?
Old 03-12-2023, 04:42 PM   #7
Tower Studio

I believe I've tried everything I could think of, including buffer sizes and all the options in Reaper's plugin gestion, and within Auto-Tune itself (it has a Low Latency mode that doesn't fix the issue). If the issue was only with the Graph mode, I could "understand", but it's there in Auto as well, which makes me think there's something really wrong with how it's been programmed (I'm probably slightly biased in thinking Antares is the issue here and not Reaper but maybe it's Reaper, I should try to find a way to test it on another DAW).
Old 03-15-2023, 09:10 PM   #8
Tone Ranger

I'm having all of the same issues you are (I'm on Mac too, OS 12.6.3). As well, Auto-Tune seems to see each item on a track as a separate track...so if your audio on the track is not one long continuous item, each separate item appears as a different track in the Auto-Tune plugin interface (where you are supposed to be able to switch between different instances of Auto-Tune within your project). Each item ends up having it's own separate settings and you have to switch to that item's "track" to see the plugin's GUI operate....in other words, the whole thing is a dog's breakfast!! 🙄 Totally unusable.

Reaper is listed on the Antares website as being compatible (both Mac and Windows) - that may have been true for a previous version, but I think it's safe to say that nobody there has tested this one!

@Tower Studio, have you tried submitting a support ticket with Antares? I'm about to do that now. The more folks reporting the issue, the better!!
Tone Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:10 AM   #9
Tower Studio

Yeah I will do that right now but I'm actually wondering if the issue comes from Auto-Tune or from Reaper.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:49 AM   #10
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Studio View Post
Yeah I will do that right now but I'm actually wondering if the issue comes from Auto-Tune or from Reaper.
Not sure either, if Antares get back and say it's a Reaper issue, maybe they can pinpoint where the issue might be....and we can post in the Bugs thread on here...
Old 03-17-2023, 08:59 AM   #11
Tower Studio

I have tried the VST3 and AU versions of the plugin, and deactivated the plugin delay compensation in Reaper, so I'm pretty sure it's an Antares issue but who knows. I have created a ticket, we'll see...
Old 03-17-2023, 09:42 AM   #12
Tone Ranger

Fantastic - I've tried both the AU and VST3 too. I'll report back here when I hear back from Antares!
Old 03-20-2023, 07:05 AM   #13
Tower Studio

So I got an email from Antares support, they told me to delete all Auto-Tune plugins and gave me a link to download the latest version and try again. Of course, as I already had the latest version, it didn't change a single thing. I reported so and now I'm waiting to hear back from them again.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:08 PM   #14
Tone Ranger

Quote:
So I got an email from Antares support, they told me to delete all Auto-Tune plugins and gave me a link to download the latest version and try again. Of course, as I already had the latest version, it didn't change a single thing. I reported so and now I'm waiting to hear back from them again.
Great to hear Antares got back to you - they haven't gotten back to me at all yet! Not too impressed with them. I replied to the confirmation email asking for a response yesterday, will report back when (if??) they get back to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 03-24-2023, 01:46 PM   #15
Serpin

Not sure if this is helpful but a friend of mine owns Auto-Tune and he's having same issues with Reaper. Apparently Auto-Tune doesn't work too well on Reaper with Apple silicon. A couple weeks ago he bought an Akai keyboard and got a simplified version of Ableton with it. He tried Auto-Tune on Ableton and it worked perfectly fine. I don't believe running Auto-Tune on Reaper with an Apple Silicon chip can be solved by an user on his own. I'm using Celemony Melodyne and it didn't work when I switched to a MacBook with M1. After an update it worked again. Until now I'm having no issues with Melodyne at all.
Serpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 01:02 AM   #16
ivansc

I had so many issues with the newer versions of my Autotune stuff a few years ago that I volunteered to be a beta tester. I have had nothing but problems ever since. Now I have dumped everything but the old stuff I bought years ago & it still works. Absolute disaster, plus the guys responsible for sorting things out are unresponsive to the beta testers, as well!!!

About time I just gave up, I think. Grrr.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:54 AM   #17
Tower Studio

They asked me for a video showing the problem so I sent this, might as well share here in case you wanna see if you get the same result.

http://www.towerstudio.net/artists/a...tune%20Bug.mov
Old 03-25-2023, 09:56 AM   #18
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpin View Post
Apparently Auto-Tune doesn't work too well on Reaper with Apple silicon.
Good to know!! I'm actually on an Intel Mac running Monterey - so the problem isn't exclusive to Macs running Apple Silicon...

Quote:
They asked me for a video showing the problem so I sent this, might as well share here in case you wanna see if you get the same result.

http://www.towerstudio.net/artists/a...tune%20Bug.mov
Hey @Tower Studio, for whatever reason I can't seem to access your video. It opens a new tab, then closes the tab before anything happens!! LOL

I guess what I'm learning now is that Antares has terrible customer service, and I probably wasted my money on this upgrade that they claim is compatible with my computer and with Reaper...😡 It's been a week now, and they haven't so much as acknowledged my support ticket (other than sending the confirmation email saying it had been received), even after I replied to the ticket earlier this week. Going to try again now...

Heads up for anyone thinking of upgrading your Antares products....BEWARE!!!
Old 03-25-2023, 11:54 AM   #19
Serpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
Good to know!! I'm actually on an Intel Mac running Monterey - so the problem isn't exclusive to Macs running Apple Silicon...
I asked 2 other Auto-Tune user. Both have Macs with Apple Silicon. DAWs in use are Ableton and Logic. They have no issues at all. Auto-Tune works flawlessly. My friend whom I mentioned in my earlier post still can't make Auto-Tune run on Reaper. Although it is working perfectly on his free version of Ableton.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:56 PM   #20
Tone Ranger

Quote:
I asked 2 other Auto-Tune user. Both have Macs with Apple Silicon. DAWs in use are Ableton and Logic. They have no issues at all. Auto-Tune works flawlessly. My friend whom I mentioned in my earlier post still can't make Auto-Tune run on Reaper. Although it is working perfectly on his free version of Ableton.
Yes, it seems to be a problem between Reaper and Autotune (though I wonder if it's Mac only? Haven't heard from any PC users). Antares have Reaper 5+ on Mac listed as compatible with their product - they really need to step up to the plate and support the folks who paid for this and can't use it!!
Old 03-25-2023, 02:44 PM   #21
Serpin

I think it's a Mac only problem, because I know a few people who use Reaper on Windows. They don't have any problems with Auto-Tune at all.

I was never too fond of pitch correction tools. Last year I bought a Universal Audio Volt 476 interface and it came with Celemony Melodyne essential for free. I kind of grew to like it but the limitations of the essential version were really annoying. I was thinking about buying Melodyne assistant but 250€ for a plugin I didn't really need was too expensive for me. So I asked Celemony if I'd qualify for an upgrade. Many companies exclude free software from upgrades. They kindly replied me that I'd qualify for an upgrade as long as I own a Melodyne version registered to my name. It wouldn't matter that I got it for free because of my interface purchase. Also they told me to wait 2 weeks because around that time they would offer 20% discount on all of their products. So in the end I got Melodyne Editor for 240€. Couldn't be happier and probably my most used plugin next to AmpliTube. If you want to switch from Auto-Tune, I highly recommend Melodyne
Old 03-26-2023, 05:42 AM   #22
Tower Studio

Quote:
Hey @Tower Studio, for whatever reason I can't seem to access your video. It opens a new tab, then closes the tab before anything happens!! LOL
Try http://www.towerstudio.net/artists/autotune-864200/
Old 03-27-2023, 08:13 AM   #23
Tone Ranger

Quote:
If you want to switch from Auto-Tune, I highly recommend Melodyne
Thanks @Serpin, I do actually own Melodyne Studio and love it too - I just sometimes use Autotune in automatic mode for a quick fix...and occasionally I do get asked to recreate the "Autotune Voice"...so I have use for it in addition to Melodyne. Melodyne IS much better for serious pitch correction though.

Quote:
Great job, that shows the issue nicely! I'm curious if you also get the issue with each separate audio item on a track showing up in Autotune as a separate track with different settings in the Autotune interface?
Old 03-27-2023, 08:21 AM   #24
Tower Studio

Quote:
Great job, that shows the issue nicely! I'm curious if you also get the issue with each separate audio item on a track showing up in Autotune as a separate track with different settings in the Autotune interface?
Thank you! Yes I do have that too.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:41 AM   #25
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Yes I do have that too.
Good to know, thanks!! I sent another (third time) message to Antares support - so far I still haven't had a reply. I'll give it another day or two and see if they decide to acknowledge this...
Old 03-27-2023, 08:43 AM   #26
Tower Studio

Fingers crossed.
I do also have Melodyne or Waves Tune, but to me none of them come close to Auto-Tune when it comes to transparency and sound.
Old 04-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #27
Tone Ranger

@Tower Studio - have Antares been helping you any more with the issue? They STILL haven't replied to me yet - I've sent 4 emails over the past 2 weeks. Terrible customer service....🙄

I've noticed others on their AutoTune Facebook page complaining about customer service not getting back to them as well. Not looking good on them at all....
Old 04-04-2023, 05:49 PM   #28
skylar_battles

I’ll send an email as well!
Old 04-04-2023, 06:02 PM   #29
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar_battles View Post
I’ll send an email as well!
Thank you!!
Old 04-05-2023, 06:19 AM   #30
Tower Studio

We had a few exchanges, the ball is in their court now. We'll see if they ever fix this.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:47 PM   #31
Tower Studio

Interesting...

Antares has just released a new version. Some of my issues seem to have been fixed, I need to conduct more thorough investigations but from playing with it for a couple of minutes it seems that ARA is working fine now with Reaper.

What's funky though is that the audio is going out on the left side only, so I have to configure the Plug-in pin connector like so (I'm only using AT on mono tracks).

Old 04-12-2023, 12:03 PM   #32
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Gillam View Post
I hope this information helps others running into this. It would be lovely to get these issues resolved.
Quote:
Antares has just released a new version.
Thanks to both of you for reporting back! I've tried the new update, it doesn't seem to fix the two big issues I'm having (huge latency and Auto-Tune seeing each item on a track as a separate track with different settings). 🤷🏻‍♂️

I still haven't gotten a reply to my help ticket either. What a terrible company....seriously!!!
Old 04-12-2023, 07:18 PM   #33
skylar_battles

Did they flat out say they won't support Reaper? That would be unfortunate I'd love to buy a license but these issues seem impossible to work around.
Old 04-13-2023, 10:08 AM   #34
Jeremy Gillam

Antares support did not say explicitly that they don't support REAPER, but I noticed it's absent from this (new, I think) page of supported DAWs. https://www.antarestech.com/daw-compatibility

I definitely checked before I purchased my upgrade and it said all VST3 hosts were supported.
Jeremy Gillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 10:20 AM   #35
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Gillam View Post
Antares support did not say explicitly that they don't support REAPER, but I noticed it's absent from this (new, I think) page of supported DAWs. https://www.antarestech.com/daw-compatibility

I definitely checked before I purchased my upgrade and it said all VST3 hosts were supported.
Yep, I took a screen shot of the supported DAWs on their site when I opened the ticket, and sent it to Antares.....probably why they haven't bothered replying....🙄

This was the original page they had posted at the end of March:

Old 04-13-2023, 07:20 PM   #36
skylar_battles

It says Reaper 5+ is supported on Windows but not Mac. Just submitted a ticket.

Last edited by skylar_battles; 04-13-2023 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 07:31 PM   #37
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar_battles View Post
It says Reaper 5+ is supported on Windows but not Mac. Just submitted a ticket.
I don't think they even bothered checking when they posted the new version.....it's not even close to usable!

I hope you actually get a reply from them - please report back!!
Old 07-16-2023, 08:55 AM   #38
itsonlygame

do you still have these issues?
itsonlygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #39
itsonlygame

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlygame View Post
do you still have these issues?
anyone?!
itsonlygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 12:06 PM   #40
Tone Ranger

Unfortunately yes, but I haven't checked for an update in awhile. If you're looking for a tuning solution I definitely recommend giving Antares a miss, they've made it pretty clear they don't care about Reaper users. Plugin Alliance has Crispy Tune which works really well, and there are other options too!

I won't be buying or upgrading any Antares products from this point forward, myself...