Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 03-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
smueske
Human being with feelings

Default So Far released today (15-year, 29 song retrospective)

It's So Far release day, pt. 1. You can pick up my 29 song electronic music retrospective from Pink Dolphin records today on limited edition double cassettes or low cost digital download. On April 3, it will also be available though iTunes, Spotify, etc. 13 of the songs are xenharmonic. All mixing done in Reaper. The cost is a little over $5.

Please help spread word, if you can.

http://pinkdolphinmusic.com/album/so-far

Last edited by smueske; 03-31-2018 at 12:16 PM.
smueske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
smueske

So Far is now available to stream on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1meM...ReWjoIeq6vV7gQ
Old 04-06-2018, 03:03 AM   #3
uksnowy

First of all.. Congratulations on the release. I will take a listen over the weekend. May I esquire why release on cassette? Not the most ubiquitous of formats these days.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
L_Grizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
First of all.. Congratulations on the release. I will take a listen over the weekend. May I esquire why release on cassette? Not the most ubiquitous of formats these days.
I don't know how many people actually listen to cassettes, but it seems like there is somewhat of a revival of the format recently. Most music is listened to digitally these days, but cassettes are a compact, relatively cheap way of having a physical version (not quite the same nostalgia as vinyl, but along those lines)

I listened to a few tracks on Bandcamp - sounds really good. I like Hydra a lot, with the erratic/sparse percussion and great pads/ambiance.
L_Grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:42 PM   #5
smueske

uksnowy:

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't realize I hadn't come back to this thread. The cassette thing was the label owner's idea. Apparently, it's a collectible thing, and the format is making a comeback. I would have never known, but I do see a lot of boutique cassette only labels popping up. Thank you for listening.

L_Grizzle

Thank you for listening. Hydra is a fairly early piece, but I like it too. It's about the chess program of the same name created by Dr. Donninger.