Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-25-2018, 04:26 AM   #1
Cloudswim
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin display error? High Sierra?

I'm having problems with my plugin display. Sometimes I get black outs or problems with dials not displaying correctly. In my case the Softube Classic channel seems to be the most problematic along with some waves and other odd plugs.

Thought I ask here before I email them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 6.03.29 pm.jpg (27.1 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by Cloudswim; 04-25-2018 at 04:32 AM.
Cloudswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:54 AM   #2
Judders

Softube Tape gives me a similar problem. Sometimes it displays mostly as pure red until I pull out the bottom left corner slightly and it snaps into view properly. Only happens the first time I instantiate it though.

Not had problems with any other plugin though, and I use other Softube and Waves plugins.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
kenm

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been seeing this for a while now but wasn't sure if I should post in Compatibility or OS X since the problem is only on the Mac.

I'm having display issues with Waves plugins that are running within Waves StudioRack. The plugins display fine if they are outside of StudioRack but have a black area cutting off the right-hand side or sometimes the top of the plugin. It appears to have to do with one plugin being a different width or height than another.

I'll do some testing this weekend to see if I can narrow it down to specific plugins or if it's a general StudioRack issue. Again, this is only on Mac. Windows works fine.

Ken
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:47 AM   #4
kenm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenm View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I've been seeing this for a while now but wasn't sure if I should post in Compatibility or OS X since the problem is only on the Mac.

I'm having display issues with Waves plugins that are running within Waves StudioRack. The plugins display fine if they are outside of StudioRack but have a black area cutting off the right-hand side or sometimes the top of the plugin. It appears to have to do with one plugin being a different width or height than another.

I'll do some testing this weekend to see if I can narrow it down to specific plugins or if it's a general StudioRack issue. Again, this is only on Mac. Windows works fine.

Ken
Looks like this is StudioRack itself and not a specific plugin. The situation occurs when a wider plugin is selected after a smaller one. The plugin window for StudioRack resizes to the new, wider plugin width but the plugin display itself is cutoff at the width of the previous (smaller) plugin. Closing the FX window and re-opening it "fixes" the display.

I've opened a ticket with Waves. Again, Works fine on Windows.

Ken

Last edited by kenm; 04-28-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
Old 04-28-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
Arpegia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudswim View Post
I'm having problems with my plugin display. Sometimes I get black outs or problems with dials not displaying correctly. In my case the Softube Classic channel seems to be the most problematic along with some waves and other odd plugs.

Thought I ask here before I email them.
I had troubles with AU version. Then, you should try the VST. Of coarse, Reaper can load AU plugins but in reality, only VST are reliable, mostly when you make automations (AU plugins automation display are often wrong).
Old 05-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #6
Cloudswim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpegia View Post
I had troubles with AU version. Then, you should try the VST. Of coarse, Reaper can load AU plugins but in reality, only VST are reliable, mostly when you make automations (AU plugins automation display are often wrong).
Thought AU is native to apple,..

yeh avoiding AU from now. Its a nightmare if you had to work on the same project on a PC.
Cloudswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:18 AM   #7
leighhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenm View Post
Looks like this is StudioRack itself and not a specific plugin. The situation occurs when a wider plugin is selected after a smaller one. The plugin window for StudioRack resizes to the new, wider plugin width but the plugin display itself is cutoff at the width of the previous (smaller) plugin. Closing the FX window and re-opening it "fixes" the display.

I've opened a ticket with Waves. Again, Works fine on Windows.

Ken
This peculiarity happens also if you use studio rack in Maxmsp. When communicating about a different Waves related issue I was reminded that they do not specifically list Reaper or Maxmsp as being supported hosts.
leighhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #8
kenm

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighhunt View Post
This peculiarity happens also if you use studio rack in Maxmsp. When communicating about a different Waves related issue I was reminded that they do not specifically list Reaper or Maxmsp as being supported hosts.
Thanks Leigh. I found that while they do fully support Reaper with their plugins, it's StudioRack that they don't officially support under Reaper. I'm still in discussion with Waves about how I can help fix this. I'll keep you posted if we come up with something.

Ken