Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-18-2024, 09:03 AM   #1
bcain
Human being with feelings

Default No Audio Detection in Record Mode with a Mac

Installed Reaper 6.83 on a MacBook Pro,Ventura OS version 13.4. Moved old Windows projects to the Mac and no problem playing back the tracks. Everything in Reaper works fine, except the recording.

Reaper detects the audio interface(s) and I am able to select them under System Preferences. Able to select the proper input in the track. With the track armed (Record indicator lit) the VU detects no audio sound and will not record anything on the track when I hit the main Record button.

I have tried two different audio interfaces and tested them through the Mac. The audio is being detected by the Mac and verified this under System Settings/Sound/Input window. When selecting the particular Audio Interface, the Input Level on the Mac is detecting the sound but not the armed Reaper track.

Any ideas?

Last edited by bcain; 01-18-2024 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Corrected wording to make it clear.
bcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:04 AM   #2
King Stupid

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-...hla1b1e1fe/mac
Old 01-18-2024, 09:16 AM   #3
serr

Check out this thread if you are struggling with enabling mic permission. (This actually means 'any connected input' permission, FYI)

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=279315
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:07 AM   #4
bcain

Serr! Your "Popular Workaround Tip" in the link worked!! Much thanks. You saved me some headache. Almost decided to reinstall yet another Mac version of Reaper but won't need to.

This is what I did...
As your thread suggest, I went into Reaper Options/Settings.../Audio/Device and selected the Mac microphone, then exited Reaper.

Went under the Mac Settings/Privacy & Security and selected "Microphone". The Reaper Icon is there but disabled so I enabled it.

Started Reaper and tested that the Mac microphone was detected in the armed track, which it did. I then went back into the Options/Settings... and chose my audio interface. It now works as well.

Great work, Serr!!

Last edited by bcain; 01-18-2024 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2024, 05:45 PM   #5
bcain

Default Panning

Yet another problem I've found. This time with track panning. I posted a comment in another user's thread that seem to have a similar problem. User is Plebold and the thread is titled: Issue with panning tracks to the left.

Never thought I would have these kind of issues moving to a Mac!
Old 01-19-2024, 11:24 AM   #6
serr

Thanks @bcain! Glad to help. (And thanks to those who did some of the actual heavy lifting and figured out some of the stuff I collected and posted!)

I'm going to gently suggest that any issues with panning only to one channel are not an example of software spoofing restrictions. Just good old fashioned operator error with routing in Reaper and/or to your connected audio interface channels.

There ARE software apps that spoof certain features. Like the height channels being muted by core audio if you don't have a Music subscription or don't use an official Dolby media player with 7.1.4 surround. It's not crazy to be suspicious of this stuff these days. Not the panning in Reaper though.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote