Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-19-2021, 06:11 AM   #1
0zoro
Human being with feelings

Default Track Control Panel does not open

Hello, I have the latest Reaper v6.29, using theme Default. I might add I have been an infrequent user thus far. I am setting up lots of preferences, and for the past 2 days have been searching for the TCP options. Clicking on the Theme adjuster, nothing happens. Neither going through, actions> action list> scriptefault 6.0 theme adjuster, nothing happens. How do I get this function working again?
-Is it possible that I have turned off some preference which prohibits TCP from opening?
-Is it a question of re installing Reaper
-There are always 3rd and 4th choices to be made to achieve the same end product, what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance 0zoro
0zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:27 AM   #2
DarkStar

Maybe you dragged the right-hand edge? Could that be it?

Old 06-19-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
0zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Maybe you dragged the right-hand edge? Could that be it?

Thanks Darkstar for a quick reply! What I am looking for the the tool that allows me to change the color spectrum, size and several other functions of a track. Maybe it is called something other than TCP, if so my mistake. I find it on page 33 or chapter 2.5 in the manual. I have in fact uninstalled and reinstalled Reaper but still do not have access to this function.

Last edited by 0zoro; 06-19-2021 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:30 AM   #4
DarkStar

Oops, I just (mis-)read the thread title.

Yes, the Theme Adjuster should do that I think. But
(a) it only works on some themes
(b) I have never used it.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:48 AM   #5
0zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Oops, I just (mis-)read the thread title.

Yes, the Theme Adjuster should do that I think. But
(a) it only works on some themes
(b) I have never used it.

I am sure that everything there is doable through multiple alternate steps, but having it all in one spot seems like a good idea. Thank, the search goes on.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:54 PM   #6
Dark River

Hey DarkStar, what theme are you using in these examples?

Thanks,
Dark River
Old 06-20-2021, 01:50 AM   #7
0zoro

Is there no one who knows an answer to my question/problem as pertaining to Track Control Panel, ie TCP, not working?
Old 06-20-2021, 02:43 AM   #8
nicholas
Scribe

I don't quite understand your question. Is it that the Theme Adjuster doesn't open as you say in your first post, or that the Track Control Panel doesn't open, as you say in your title?

If the latter then I definitely don't understand your meaning as the TCP doesn't open and close - it should be there all the time. Unless you've got child tracks within a folder which can be hidden? Or unless it's "off screen" in which case DarkStar's answer should help you.

Sorry if I'm sounding obtuse, just trying to help.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:29 AM   #9
0zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
I don't quite understand your question. Is it that the Theme Adjuster doesn't open as you say in your first post, or that the Track Control Panel doesn't open, as you say in your title?

If the latter then I definitely don't understand your meaning as the TCP doesn't open and close - it should be there all the time. Unless you've got child tracks within a folder which can be hidden? Or unless it's "off screen" in which case DarkStar's answer should help you.

Sorry if I'm sounding obtuse, just trying to help.
Hej Nicholas thanks for sound off!For all clarity I am trying to open the tool pictured on pg 33 of the manual. I am sure that all the adjustments it does are available elsewhere, but having them all collected as they are is a good thing. I hope you can see it, the tool in black pictured there.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:06 AM   #10
nicholas
Scribe

Thanks for the clarification. This is somewhat baffling: it's late at night now, I'll play around with some ideas tomorrow and get back.

Meanwhile ... you might want to consider as a stop gap making a separate portable install and using that.

Also ... for clarificationn ... are you saying that the theme adjuster doesn't pop up at all, or it opens but doesn't let you choose TCP options?

If the latter, it might be as simple as needing to make the theme adjuster window larger.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:39 AM   #11
rncwalker

Are you going to "Options /Themes / Theme adjuster" and turn on/off settings for some controls.

As shown on page 33

Also, as others have said, try a portable install and only setup your audio interface and then try.

FWIW, it's hard to clearly understand what your problem is by your statements. It should work, maybe watching Kenny's video on version 6 may help.

Robert

Last edited by rncwalker; 06-20-2021 at 06:48 AM.
rncwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:57 AM   #12
0zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
Thanks for the clarification. This is somewhat baffling: it's late at night now, I'll play around with some ideas tomorrow and get back.

Meanwhile ... you might want to consider as a stop gap making a separate portable install and using that.

Also ... for clarificationn ... are you saying that the theme adjuster doesn't pop up at all, or it opens but doesn't let you choose TCP options?

If the latter, it might be as simple as needing to make the theme adjuster window larger.
Nicholas, clarification with so many variables is a must.The theme adjuster does not show at all. I have followed Options > themes > theme adjuster. At this point I can either check or take away the check on "theme adjuster" from the themes menu, but I never get to the theme adjuster to be able to use it. Baffling if you ask me.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #13
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0zoro View Post
I have the latest Reaper v6.29, using theme Default.
In case you're using a different Default Theme version than the 6.x version one (as example: Default_5.0) or a modified Theme (with a different name), make sure that the name of the Theme Adjuster script file matches the Theme name:
https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2214048
Old 06-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #14
DarkStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark River View Post
Hey DarkStar, what theme are you using in these examples?

Thanks,
Dark River
TomB's Konzentration v1.1( https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1389/Konzentration%20v1.1 ) with several mods, in particular my own Layouts..
Old 06-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #15
Dark River

@Darkstar: Thanks man. I will take it for a spin. It looks nice.

@Ozoro : I apologize for 'buttin in'. I wish I could provide some help. However, it looks like you have some qualified users here to guide you.
Good luck. Reaper is really a fantastic program.

Dark River
Old 06-20-2021, 07:06 PM   #16
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
The theme adjuster does not show at all. I have followed Options > themes > theme adjuster.
As others have said, make absolutely sure you are using the default theme for v6 (it's just called "Default")

Also, have you tried a portable install? What happens?
Old 06-22-2021, 06:00 AM   #17
0zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark River View Post
@Darkstar: Thanks man. I will take it for a spin. It looks nice.

@Ozoro : I apologize for 'buttin in'. I wish I could provide some help. However, it looks like you have some qualified users here to guide you.
Good luck. Reaper is really a fantastic program.

Dark River
Hej DR, not a problem and good luck with your stuff.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:12 AM   #18
0zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rncwalker View Post
Are you going to "Options /Themes / Theme adjuster" and turn on/off settings for some controls.

As shown on page 33

Also, as others have said, try a portable install and only setup your audio interface and then try.

FWIW, it's hard to clearly understand what your problem is by your statements. It should work, maybe watching Kenny's video on version 6 may help.

Robert
Hej Robert, Thanks for the reply! I have installed on a seperate hd, use as stated earlier default theme ie reaper 6 default. I do not get the Theme Adjuster menu as stated earlier. Baffling!
Old 06-22-2021, 06:40 AM   #19
solger

Quote:
Hej Robert, Thanks for the reply! I have installed on a seperate hd, use as stated earlier default theme ie reaper 6 default. I do not get the Theme Adjuster menu as stated earlier. Baffling!
What operating system (Windows, macOS, Linux) are you using?

And just to clarify (since it's not clear from your post): was this a portable Reaper install in this case, as suggested in other posts?
Or a regular (non-portable) one?

EDIT:

Have you also already ruled out that the Theme Adjuster window is opened (and hidden) behind another window?
And in case you're perhaps using a multi-screen setup: that the Theme Adjuster window might get opened on a different screen?

Another option to try is this:
  1. Go to Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder
  2. Then open the reaper-extstate.ini file in a text editor
  3. And remove the entries of the [Default_6.0 theme adjuster] section (this is where values for things like the last window position, etc. are stored)
  4. Restart Reaper afterwards

Or if you're comfortable with editing the Script: Default_6.0_theme_adjuster.lua, try if changing the following code block in the script ...
Code:
gfx.init(sTitle, _gfxw,_gfxh,
tonumber(reaper.GetExtState(sTitle,"dock")) or 0,
tonumber(reaper.GetExtState(sTitle,"wndx")) or 100,
tonumber(reaper.GetExtState(sTitle,"wndy")) or 50)
... to something like this (changes are highlighted in bold) makes any difference:
Code:
-- gfx.init(sTitle, _gfxw,_gfxh,
-- tonumber(reaper.GetExtState(sTitle,"dock")) or 0,
-- tonumber(reaper.GetExtState(sTitle,"wndx")) or 100,
-- tonumber(reaper.GetExtState(sTitle,"wndy")) or 50)

gfx.init(sTitle, _gfxw,_gfxh, 0, 500, 200)
The old code lines are changed here to comments by putting '--' at the beginning (so it's easy to undo the changes if needed)
500 and 200 in the new gfx.init line are the x and y coordinates of the window position.

Last edited by solger; 06-22-2021 at 07:37 AM. Reason: merged 2 posts into 1
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:53 AM   #20
0zoro

solger had an interesting thought above, ie that the theme script must be the same as the theme chosen, other wise internal problems. I have seen, but not made changes to the Theme script menu, but can not now remember how I got there.This may be a lead?

I have however just installed a portable version on a separate hd and my problems have been solved. Going to the "Theme Adjuster" I can access Custom Colors, Envelopes, Global settings, Track Control Panel, and Mixer Control Panel. I now re-phrase my question to ask how do I re install Reaper on my pc so as to get a clean version there? I have previously deleted Reaper, restarted pc, re-installed but that gave me all the stuff I had had previously. How do I start clean? This would obviously be the easiest solution for me.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:52 AM   #21
0zoro

Thanks all for your help. I have now re installed Reaper for the 5th time, and it works like it should. I have no problems with the Themes functions that I have tried to describe earlier. Thank you for your help!