Old 01-23-2023, 09:54 PM   #1
WSSH
Human being with feelings

Default Inconsistant sound problem

I have rendered my tracks and they all sound fine in reaper but now when I play them back after being rendered in media player etc, the track starts off fine for a few seconds then the sound switches to more a more low fi, bassless sound. they worked fine at one point but now they keep doing it. If I put them back into reaper or another daw they play fine... What's going on here?? Massively annoying as I need to send these tracks
WSSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:00 PM   #2
Wallaby

Default Provide

May you provide a link to a sample for listening ?
Have you tested with audio interface and without audio interface directly at headphone socket of the computer ?
Wallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:42 PM   #3
WSSH

Can't give a link right now.
I'm only playing the final renders through my pc without the interface linked up.
Playing them like I would any track.

Media player and groove music both have the same issue, plays fine for 3 seconds then the eq changes significantly.

I don't want that to happen on anyone else's device.

Works fine in email, audacity and put back into reaper.

It's wav format as they are the final mix. Goes from very bassy (which is how it should sound) to distorted and low fi.

Sometimes when I alternate between devices, Audacity then to media player, media player will play it fine then I hear it switch.

Sounds like my track makes these devices do some sort of self equalizing in a bad way
WSSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:04 AM   #4
Bombs'n'Away

Without more information on the files in question it's hard to make a guess. There's an action in Reaper to analyse an item and give detailed info on Peak, RMS, LUFS, crest etc.

Given that your interface & its ASIO driver are out of the equation: Windows onboard audio driver problem, codec problem, unsupported bit depth/sample rate, auto enhancement options (either Windows control panel or Media Player options)come to mind.

Do you render out something like 192k and then probably Media Player forces down sampling or something like that?
Bombs'n'Away is offline   Reply With Quote