Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 11-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #121
daniellumertz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobU View Post
Yes it can be done. Each GUI element can be drawn to a separate bitmap once (usually when initialised), then it is blitted to the main buffer every defer, unless the mouse is inside, or dragging outside, or the window zooms, or whatever, then it needs to be redrawn. The new GUI does this but it's not finished yet, and also Lokasenna's GUI does something similar (v2 & v3).

I'm glad you find it useful

I have a lot of ideas for v2, unfortunately not so much free time to work on it at the moment... one day...
take you time, one day it happen.

I will take a closer look to lokasennas v3 and v2.

I am almost done doing an commented model to use yours lib v1 ( with modifications ) do you mind if I post here on forum ?
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #122
TonE

There is also a free pure data based euclidean vst, in case you did not know, in reastash I posted my presets for it, extracted from some paper about euclidean rhythms. We have two euclidean tools I know for Reaper, this and pure data based vst.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:26 PM   #123
RobU

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
take you time, one day it happen.

I will take a closer look to lokasennas v3 and v2.

I am almost done doing an commented model to use yours lib v1 ( with modifications ) do you mind if I post here on forum ?

I don't mind at all, I'm happy that you found a use for it
Old 11-18-2020, 12:31 PM   #124
RobU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
There is also a free pure data based euclidean vst, in case you did not know, in reastash I posted my presets for it, extracted from some paper about euclidean rhythms. We have two euclidean tools I know for Reaper, this and pure data based vst.

I have a bunch of euclidean presets ready to go, although I'm not sure how to shoehorn them into the GUI at the moment. It's not pretty as it is so that maybe doesn't matter so much
Old 11-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #125
TonE

For presets I would just use the vst, wanted to mention here, as related for the interested.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:32 AM   #126
MBruzzi

Just dropped by to say I love this!
MBruzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:48 AM   #127
Reflected

really awesome tool, I think that this could be improved a bit more... wonder if there will be more updates.

BTW I was wondering if it is possible to attach this into the midi editor window.
like FTC did with with his "Lil Chordbox"

or at list dock it to the midi window.

Last edited by Reflected; 02-20-2022 at 04:01 AM.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:12 AM   #128
RobU

Hey all, nice to see that there are still some users of this little tool, esp. given the infrequent updates : )

For what it's worth, I have (when I've had some spare time) been pottering about with this in the background. I have a proper working Fisher-Yates 'Shuffle' now (following a request from a KVR user), that replaces the very clunky 'Permute' scale that was going on. During development of that, I also found a bunch of corner cases where notes would get munched when polyphonic material was involved (bad MExM !). The Randomiser routine got updated with this new anti-note-munching algo (albeit, with a little loss of speed for big items with hundreds of notes), but it's safer to use.

Anyways... Time is scarce at the moment, but I'll try and update the current version to include those additions.

Other stuff I've been doing in the background include a GUI overhaul, and a core engine overhaul - neither are fully completed yet as I'm still porting some of the old code over and simplifying/optimising as I go, but I have removed the requirement to have a MIDI Editor open (you just need to select a MIDI item now), and a bunch of other fixes and improvements, but it's still a work in progress. No ETA for this stuff, sorry - a full time job means that I can't commit a lot of time to coding, but I'll push stuff out as it becomes stable.

All the best
R
Old 03-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #129
Reflected

hey Robu

can you add an option to create multiple notes in parallel in the same grid. [random probability amount of parallel notes by %]

asaik currently it is possible to create from nothing only one note at per gridline...

thanks a lot for this cool script!
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 03:47 AM   #130
RobU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
hey Robu

can you add an option to create multiple notes in parallel in the same grid. [random probability amount of parallel notes by %]

asaik currently it is possible to create from nothing only one note at per gridline...

thanks a lot for this cool script!
Thanks for the feedback !

At the moment, the Sequencer (which I think you're talking about, but could also apply to the Euclid seq), is strictly monophonic although I have been thinking about adding chord sequencing. But, see my previous post about spare time : ( Never say never, though...
Old 03-29-2023, 12:28 PM   #131
DANIELE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobU View Post
Thanks for the feedback !

At the moment, the Sequencer (which I think you're talking about, but could also apply to the Euclid seq), is strictly monophonic although I have been thinking about adding chord sequencing. But, see my previous post about spare time : ( Never say never, though...

I was just about to asking the same thing. Awesome script, very useful, I'd like to use it mainly because of the euclidean seq just to explore new king of sequences in orchestral music.

Being able to add more different sequencies would be awesome. Now I can only add one note sequence.

Thank you for your great work anyway.
Old 12-22-2023, 03:57 PM   #132
Reason

Just discovered this, thanks for making it. I often struggle with a blank canvas, so having something interesting on it makes it easier to make stuff.
Reason is offline   Reply With Quote