Old 03-27-2023, 01:55 PM   #1
GOJIR
Human being with feelings

Default Head Phone mix issue

Setting up headphone mix in reaper

Hi guys, I am currently working on getting an online teaching set up for guitar. I recently figured out how to send a signal from reaper, to OBS, to zoom using a virtual audio cable. I am sending a live guitar though my scarlett 2i2 second generation into reaper and then out of reaper as well. The only problem is that in order to avoid the latency I get from monitoring my audio in OBS, I want to set up a headphone mix in the reaper. I am watching the reaper mania video on the topic and he says to set up a new track, disable master send, set up the output to a stereo pair on my interface, and then route all of the tracks in the project to this track. The only problem is, I cannot find which output available will go directly to my headphones out on my scarlett. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which output is my headphones out?

Seprate issue- I recently started having a problem where I go to click to hide reaper so as to go to another tab on my mac, reaper just pops back up. I will include the video. Can anyone help me with this?
GOJIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 12:43 PM   #2
spantini

My first time setting this up on my Windows/Reaper machine I would watch Kenny's video on that machine then open Reaper and try to remember the procedure. I couldn't remember and could never get it configured. Then I Loaded the video on my laptop next to my PC so I could have both running simultaneously and I could pause at each step and get it perfect. Then it all worked just fine.
spantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:08 PM   #3
Gibson_GM

^ This. And if you have trouble playing vids with reaper open...like an ASIO issue....you can drag the actual vid into Reaper so it's available right from there!
Gibson_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:56 AM   #4
GOJIR

Thanks!
GOJIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:12 AM   #5
Stella645

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOJIR View Post
The only problem is, I cannot find which output available will go directly to my headphones out on my scarlett. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which output is my headphones out?
There's no independent mix to headphones possible on the 2i2.
Whatever is on outs 1/2 is also on the headphones.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote