Old 01-24-2023, 04:39 AM   #1
WSSH
Human being with feelings

Default Audio Enhancements

I had rendering sound problems before when I rendered a track, it would start sounding different in media player etc after a few seconds... Like it did self EQ on the track but started out fine, then switched

Turned off windows audio enhancements and the problem seems to be solved... My tracks sound fine in media player etc

What I want to know is, if 'windows audio enhancements' was changing my rendered tracks and making them sound downgraded after a few seconds and bad does that mean that my tracks are not mastered properly and windows detected that the sound is peaking etc so it kicks in it's audio enhancement feature?

I have to know this before I send my tracks away, as I don't want my tracks to cause this issue on other people's devices and they wonder why it (my tracks) sounds bad...

Need my tracks to sound relatively the same across devices, I know that different devices color it with their own sound but the audio enhancement made it very bad and downgraded.

Help here would be great thanks
WSSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:37 AM   #2
bitgo.space
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSH View Post
Turned off windows audio enhancements and the problem seems to be solved... My tracks sound fine in media player etc
Actually, this thread caught my attention because of "windows audio enhancements" - I'm looking for information on what else I should disable in Windows 10 to avoid nasty surprises.

I'm pretty sure "windows audio enhancements" is auto-mastering software, and when it comes to mixing music, it just gets in the way. Covers imperfections in the mix. You hear it and you think it's OK, but it's not necessarily OK at all, and it may even be very not OK.

It's conceivable that your mix started out fine, and then something went wrong in it, so much so that "windows audio enhancement" triggered. Or vice versa - at first it was bad, then better.

Can anyone help us with Windows setting?
bitgo.space is offline   Reply With Quote