Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 02-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
Preaper
Human being with feelings

Default macOS 10.14.16/Reaper v6.03/64 rev 881187 - tracks going dead intermittently

Hi,

I'm on the following:

* MBP 15" 2.8GHz 16GB 2017
* macOS 10.14.16
* Upgraded version of Reaper v6.03/64 rev 881187

I created a brand new session and used only a bunch of ripped MP3's to arrange a short composition. Tracks are randomly going dead. (by randomly I mean most of the tracks will, at some point, all no longer produce sound, nothing showing on the VU meters for the track).

I do have plugins installed but may I ask how to best reveal which plugins I've installed (for troubleshooting purposes)? On a related note, one of the plugins (not sure which one) is trying to access my contacts so I seem to have fallen upon some nasty spyware plugin. I'm happy to help isolate this as well.

Anyway, there's an intermittent issue whereby most of the tracks will randomly go silent (all at once). Trying to copy the snippet of a "dead" track (or all tracks) into a fresh session doesn't fix the problem either. Sometimes it fixes itself simply by closing and restarting reaper. Sometimes doing so invokes the issue. It's usually on the same tracks, which is most of them. It's a trivially small session with only 30 or so tracks, no complex edits, and no scripts (that I am aware of).

What other info is helpful to troubleshoot this, short of uploading the session and associated files? (would prefer not to)

Note: I'm a Reaper newbie, but will do my best to follow any instructions to help isolate this issue.

Aloha,
P Reaper.
Preaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #2
Preaper

Quick update: No change. Intermittent bug whereby most tracks will go "silent" is still occurring. Open to suggestions for troubleshooting.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
Preaper

It's still happening. I don't know what to do to troubleshoot it. Can someone please help. I can't use Reaper. It's a bug. A nasty bug. A bug where tracks go dead. For no reason. I save a project, close Reaper, then reload reaper and many tracks go dead.

Thanks,
P Reaper