Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #81
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Some errors in new API doc:

There is a link to BR_GetMediaItemImageResource for BR_GetMediaItemImageResource and a link for BR_SetMediaItemImageResource for BR_SetMediaItemImageResource.

Quote:

BR_GetMediaItemImageResource

[BR] Get currently loaded image resource and it's flags for a given item. Returns false if there is no image resource set. To set image resource, see BR_GetMediaItemImageResource.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #82
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Some errors in new API doc:

There is a link to BR_GetMediaItemImageResource for BR_GetMediaItemImageResource and a link for BR_SetMediaItemImageResource for BR_SetMediaItemImageResource.
Ups...fixing, thanks for the report!
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #83
harmonicaman

"- SWS/BR: Freehand draw envelope while snapping points to left side grid line (perform until shortcut released)"

Thank you so much ! Awesome feature.
Why choose left side grid instead of closest grid line ? After some test (and a lot of fun with this)no problem of course for quick draw on the fly, but it's confusing for more precise edit that it always edit the point to the left and not the closest one.
Could an action with closest grid be added ?

Anyway, with a set of customs actions with change of grid and envelope point shape, it's already so powerful.
harmonicaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #84
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicaman View Post
Thank you so much ! Awesome feature.
Why choose left side grid instead of closest grid line ?
Because that's the point where envelope segment at mouse cursor starts. In this case, closest grid line seems much more confusing to my brain, lol

I'll have a look tough - after all, why not have a complete set?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #85
harmonicaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Because that's the point where envelope segment at mouse cursor starts. In this case, closest grid line seems much more confusing to my brain, lol

I'll have a look tough - after all, why not have a complete set?
A gift that every artist brain works differently (Real-TV "stars" don't count in that statement)
Thank you.
harmonicaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #86
cjaxis

SWS/BR: Freehand draw envelope while snapping points to left side grid line (perform until shortcut released) constantly crashes R5 pre29 x64 when trying to draw on Volume envelope. On other envelopes works well.
cjaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #87
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxis View Post
SWS/BR: Freehand draw envelope while snapping points to left side grid line (perform until shortcut released) constantly crashes R5 pre29 x64 when trying to draw on Volume envelope. On other envelopes works well.
Can't replicate, please supply example project and your REAPER.ini (you can do so via PM if you don't want to share it publicly)

Also, what is your OS?
Old 05-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #88
cjaxis

Quote:
Can't replicate, please supply example project and your REAPER.ini (you can do so via PM if you don't want to share it publicly)

Also, what is your OS?
w7x64

here is files

In this project, Pan envelope just drawn with the action

upd. Just tried fresh portable install of R5 pre29 and SWS 2.6.4 - same here. Crashes on attempt to draw Volume env.
Attached Files
File Type: zip REAPER.zip (13.7 KB, 530 views)

Last edited by cjaxis; 05-03-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:49 AM   #89
X-Raym

@Breeder
A idea a bit like harmonicaman

It could be nice to have
  • BR_GetPreviousGridDivision (that will return current grid division is pos = grid)
  • BR_GetNextGridDivision
We struggle a bit with FnA to find how to manage grid divisions when they are not straight, especially in midi editor when they have dotted value or even worse, swing.
In fact, we still didn't come to a fully satisfying solution.

What do you think of that ?

If could also be decline for SnapToGrid but with SnapToNextGrid and SnapToPreviousGrid... All of this could be done inside the scripts itself but having it in the API will definitely be very useful !

Thanks for listening !
Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #90
Breeder

Quote:
w7x64

here is files

In this project, Pan envelope just drawn with the action

upd. Just tried fresh portable install of R5 pre29 and SWS 2.6.4 - same here. Crashes on attempt to draw Volume env.
Nope, still can't replicate using both versions of SWS freehand actions.
Can you please simply zip your whole REAPER config folder and just send it via PM?

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #91
spk77

Quote:
Works here:

Win 8.1, REAPER v5.0pre29/x64
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #92
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrimae View Post
This is very useful. Would you consider providing a version that only affects FX windows?

I'm using it in a macro to 'toggle float FX xx for selected tracks", so this new action works great in placing the floated fx under the mouse cursor, but when I re-execute my macro to close the fx window it moves the main Reaper window.

Thanks guys.
We can reliably get window of floating track FX (and not whole FX chain or even floating FX windows for takes) so this is only possible in regards to floating track FX windows. But I guess that will suffice in this case...
Old 05-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #93
cjaxis

Quote:
Nope, still can't replicate using both versions of SWS freehand actions.
Can you please simply zip your whole REAPER config folder and just send it via PM?

Thanks!
hmm.. weird. Ok, sending conf to you..

upd.

Seems to be somethind wrong with my Win7 config. Rebooted to W8.1 install on second HDD - works well, both actions

upd 2. I found that my Win7 have not been updated for a long time, downloaded last updates and bug is gone...

Sorry for bothering for nothing..

Last edited by cjaxis; 05-03-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #94
lachrimae

Quote:
...this is only possible in regards to floating track FX windows. But I guess that will suffice in this case...
Indeed, that's exactly what I'd need for my use case.
I float specific fx slots from 6 mouse macro buttons and your new action provides complete control of on demand window location (a literal thumbs up in this case )
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #95
nofish

Got a crash when trying to use fingers Groove tool on multiple (pooled) MIDI items.

R5 pre29 x32, SWS 2.6.4 build #0, Win 8.1 x64
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #96
Jeffos
Mortal

Default OS X: new installation disk image

v2.7.1 is out!

Feedback and tests are welcome, as usual

Important note for OS X users!

In v2.7.1+, we have introduced a new installation disk image (.dmg) which will propose to install the SWS Extension in a different directory.

If you are installing the extension for the very first time, you'll just have to make sure this directory exists.
If you are upgrading to v2.7.1+, it also means the new SWS version will probably conflict with the previous installed version.
We are sorry for the inconvenience (actually, thank you Apple!). However, it should be quite easy to deal with it: some messages will guide you but, for reference, here's what you need to do when installing/upgrading to v2.7.1+ for the very first time (to do only one time!):
  • Quit REAPER
  • If it doesn't exist yet, create an empty directory: /Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins (*)
    This is the new installation directory, shared by all users of the Mac
  • If you are upgrading to v2.7.1+, remove the file: ~/Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_sws.dylib (*)
    This is the old extension, in your home directory
  • Install the SWS Extension
(*) If you can't see /Library or ~/Library/ in the finder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Annoying note! OSX Lion makes it much harder to access <username>/Library. By default, that folder will not appear in the Finder. The "official" way is to open the Finder, open the Go menu, then hold down the Option key. Alternatively, open Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type "chflags nohidden ~/Library".
EDIT -- SPECIAL INSTALLS: if you have a portable REAPER install, or if you need different SWS versions for some users of the Mac for some reasons, you can still install the extension anywhere you want, of course. In this case, obviously, just don't drag the dmg's dylib into the dmg's "UserPlugins" linked folder but open a Finder instead, and drag the dmg's dylib anywhere you want in there (e.g. <my_portable_REAPER_path>/UserPlugins, or ~/Library/Application Support/REAPER/UserPlugins, etc).

___

We are changing things for various reasons: to ease the installation, to avoid security issues on some OS X versions, get rid of the clunky install script (which had to be launched from the .dmg), prevent further potential issues on Yosemite, etc

OTOH, it also means we are introducing a "normal" drag-drop style disk image:

Please, let us know if you face any issue!

Last edited by Jeffos; 10-01-2015 at 02:08 AM. Reason: removed outdated URL
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #97
musicbynumbers

cool!

- SWS/BR: Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor (9 version with different horizontal and vertical positions in regards to mouse cursor)

That seems very useful thanks!

Do you guys have access to command what monitor something comes up on too? like "send to monitor 4". I know there's wrapper apps that can do this but it would be awesome if we could do this as part of an cycle action.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #98
lachrimae

Well you've just completely screwed up any shot I have of using anything but Reaper as my primary DAW...

- SWS/BR: Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor

Nothing else can touch the usability that this adds... Thanks
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #99
X-Raym

A new pre-release already! Awesome guys, thank you a lot, there is nice things on it !

----
I just played with
  • BR_GetNextGridDivision
  • BR_GetPrevGridDivision

They works nicely in Arrange view, but it doesn't take into account the Grid settings in the MIDI Editor. Changing Midi Editor grid size doesn't change the resulting value of this functions. Thinking about it, it is logical: it has no way to know if it is executed from MIDI editor or arrange view.
So, a MIDI Editor version of all these BR_grid would be perfect !

---
tested (in Lua) this combo
  • BR_GetArrangeView
  • BR_SetArrangeView
Works flawlessly !!! Thank you for that, it will be integrated in all my scripts which need view restoration!

--
Thank you again for all your work on it, it is very useful !
Old 05-08-2015, 04:17 AM   #100
gofer
-blänk-

Happy to see get/set track Layout functions (I ran out of action slots in the layout window long ago), but alas I think I found an issue with BR_SetMediaTrackLayouts. It doesn't seem to update the mixer correctly. For example try:

- set a track to mixer layout "small" (v5 default theme)
- with Mixer in view, use BR_SetMediaTrackLayouts to set the track to default (I tried eel and lua, but not Python yet)
- Look at the mixer

The track's buttons will change position correctly, but the track's width doesn't change to the default width. Buttons are cut of at the right border, as they don't fit in.

Close/reopen Mixer fixes.

Plus a question, I feel dumb as a broomstick:
I can't for the live of me figure out how to get MCP and TCP layout using eel. Try as I might, my variables always seem to be filled with the track pointer. Could someone give me an example?
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:33 AM   #101
spk77

Thanks for the BR_GetArrangeView!

Testing:

spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:12 AM   #102
heda

hehe cool zooming
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:02 AM   #103
FnA

Breeder, you are a god.

Custom item picture actions

Hey, if it's not too hard could you do one to get MIDI pool ID? I will finish transpose script in heda's thread. Some time? Some how? Maybe?
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #104
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post

So, a MIDI Editor version of all these BR_grid would be perfect !
Sorry, I don't have that one solved. But I think you should be able to do it using the native API
Code:
MIDI_GetGrid
MIDI_GetPPQPos_EndOfMeasure
MIDI_GetPPQPos_StartOfMeasure
MIDI_GetPPQPosFromProjQN
MIDI_GetProjQNFromPPQPos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
but alas I think I found an issue with BR_SetMediaTrackLayouts. It doesn't seem to update the mixer correctly. For example try:
Yes, I noticed this too :/ REAPER simply doesn't resize the MCP window when setting layout through chunk - I tried everything I could to make REAPER redraw it using it's API, but nothing worked.
Since I can't really know layout size (because that would mean that for every API call, you would have to find the theme, probably unzip it, parse rtconfig.txt etc...it's just too expensive for such a simple API call and I lack the time to actually do it) nothing to do here really...

Since I presume your MCP layouts mostly share their sizes, you could use the action to set some other layout that has the same size via that action, and then change the layout to what you need using SWS API

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
I can't for the live of me figure out how to get MCP and TCP layout using eel. Try as I might, my variables always seem to be filled with the track pointer. Could someone give me an example?
I you set both MCP and TCP layout to some non-default layout, this should print it to the console:
Code:
extension_api("BR_GetMediaTrackLayouts", GetSelectedTrack(0, 0), #mcpLayout, #tcpLayout);
ShowConsoleMsg(#mcpLayout);
ShowConsoleMsg("\n");
ShowConsoleMsg(#tcplayout);
ShowConsoleMsg("\n");
Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
Hey, if it's not too hard could you do one to get MIDI pool ID? I will finish transpose script in heda's thread. Some time? Some how? Maybe?
Isn't that the line POOLCOLOR in item chunk? It really shouldn't be hard to get it (but I'm not really sure if that number represents pool id or it also has other stuff packed in it (Cockos is known to pack multiple things in one number using its bits))
Old 05-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #105
heda

I have an idea for new SWS actions. Is a feature add to the already existing SWS/S&M: Close all floating FX windows
It would be:
- SWS/S&M: Close all floating FX windows on Monitor #1
- SWS/S&M: Close all floating FX windows on Monitor #2
- SWS/S&M: Close all floating FX windows on Monitor #3

I guess it is not difficult to get on which monitor is the window, or if not, we could provide a way to specify until which x coordinate is monitor 1 or 2 or 3.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #106
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Since I presume your MCP layouts mostly share their sizes, you could use the action to set some other layout that has the same size via that action, and then change the layout to what you need using SWS API
Good idea! I'll do that.
EDIT: Actually, any single successful mixer layout change via action refreshes the whole thing (even a change of master strip's layout). I have the hunch I can use that to my advantage .
EDIT #2: Aaah, as does "Mixer: Toggle master track visible" . 2x at the end of the script. That's the ticket

Quote:
I you set both MCP and TCP layout to some non-default layout, this should print it to the console: [_code_]
OH BOY!!! Couldn't it have been at least a tiny bit complicated? I retract my words. Broomsticks must be smarter than me Thanks bunches, Breeder, I 've got it working.

Last edited by gofer; 05-08-2015 at 12:08 PM.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #107
X-Raym

@breeder
We hardly tried with FnA but it's really hard, especially with swing ^^
If you didn't succeed either, then it is a lost cause :P

Thanks again for your consideration !
Old 05-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #108
FnA

Quote:
Isn't that the line POOLCOLOR in item chunk? It really shouldn't be hard to get it (but I'm not really sure if that number represents pool id or it also has other stuff packed in it (Cockos is known to pack multiple things in one number using its bits))
I was having some success using POOLEDEVTS {a9b8c7d6 etc. but gave up on it because I found I could only get so much of a string when the item was big. I was doing it in v4 EEL.

Starts with this, I think, but has some more hex or whatever that is.

Last edited by FnA; 05-08-2015 at 08:56 PM.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:27 AM   #109
Jeffos
Mortal

Some late feedback...
Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
where can I get a list of those SWS functions ?
SWS ReaScript functions are documented together with native functions in main menu > help > reascript documentations (to distinguish them, such function names are always prefixed in caps, e.g. "BR_", "FNG_", etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Gents, Any way to get SendReaControl working in Reaper 5 please ?
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=158298
As shown in your screenshot there, you're running REAPER x64 but this (unsupported) plugin is 32-bit only and can't work as a bridged plug due its special nature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
When opening a project into a new tab from the Resources window, it will open the default template into the new tab, just to close it and open the project requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
It would be great also if we could open multiple projects at the same time from the Resources window. We can select multiple rows, but if you open them will open one project only.
Sure, done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Got a crash when trying to use fingers Groove tool on multiple (pooled) MIDI items.
Arrrg.. I hope fingers will see this... In the meantime, I couldn't duplicate :/
Any additional clues, example project? Also what's the exact action name crashing?

__

@stereolost: I see you've deleted your report, so I guess python was ok in yosemite (?)
Just for the record, it's ok here too (but on OSX 10.9.4...)
Old 05-09-2015, 05:23 AM   #110
stereolost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
@stereolost: I see you've deleted your report, so I guess python was ok in yosemite (?)
Just for the record, it's ok here too (but on OSX 10.9.4...)
Yeah, all is well both on Lion and Yosemite.
stereolost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:11 AM   #111
nofish

Quote:
Arrrg.. I hope fingers will see this... In the meantime, I couldn't duplicate :/
Any additional clues, example project? Also what's the exact action name crashing?
Thanks Jeffos.
I'll do some more testing and upload an example project if I can reproduceably isolate it. Couldn't duplicate for now in a fresh project either.

edit:

I think I got it isolated.

https://i.imgur.com/kts0mgG.gif

(in the licecap I'm using SWS 2.6.4 but it happens with 2.7.1 also)

I was using a fresh portable pre29 install (only thing I did was install SWS extensions, obviously).

Project attached.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp groove tool crash test.RPP (140.0 KB, 746 views)

Last edited by nofish; 05-09-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:45 AM   #112
Jeffos
Mortal

Thanks nofish that helped a lot, fixed for the next pre-release!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #113
nofish

Quote:
Thanks nofish that helped a lot, fixed for the next pre-release!
Yay, thanks Jeffos !
Old 05-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #114
Reno.thestraws

Quote:
SWS/BR: Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor (9 version with different horizontal and vertical positions in regards to mouse cursor)

Weird bug!

if you set the action to the shorcut "M" it doens't work

Shortcut ctrl + M -> work as expected :S

same with other shortcut

reaper 5.32 x64
windows 7 pro 64
Old 05-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #115
Breeder

Not SWS bug...shortcut is being sent to focused plugin. Modifier (in your case ctrl) "helps" it get to REAPER instead.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=116155

When I created these actions (to move focused windows to mouse), my idea was for them to be used in various macros/cycle actions (where this shortcut problem is usually not a problem)...not really sure how useful they are on their own.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #116
Reno.thestraws

Quote:
not really sure how useful they are on their own.
COmpletly agreed, but I was just testing the 9 different version, so I used it on the fly with a shortcut :P
Old 05-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #117
Samelot

Default SetArrangeView

Hey, loving the new SWS stuff, especially the new API uses. I'm not positive, but I think I may be finding a bug when using BR_SetArrangeView().

I've created a simple .eel script that gets the current "endTimeOut", adds 2 to it, and sets that as the new "endTimeOut".

Testing out the script, I notice that it works, but only for a short while before a ceiling is reached for how great "endTimeOut" can be set to. At this point it can't be set anything greater.

Also, if I'm zoomed out as far as possible in the Reaper arrange, the script won't really do anything, "endTimeOut" can't increase.

Code:
extension_api("BR_GetArrangeView", 0, arrangeStart, arrangeEnd);
arrangeEnd = arrangeEnd + 2;

format_timestr(arrangeEnd, #buff);
ShowConsoleMsg(#buff);
ShowConsoleMsg("\n");

extension_api("BR_SetArrangeView", 0, arrangeStart, arrangeEnd);
Samelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #118
Breeder

I guess that's the way GetSet_ArrangeView2 works for some reason?

BR_SetArrangeView just wraps GetSet_ArrangeView2 (because ReaScript can't use it directly):
https://github.com/Jeff0S/sws/blob/n....cpp#L684-L688

Maybe ask Cockos about it?

edit: did you try disabling "limit project length" in project preferences?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #119
Samelot

I did try that. No luck though.

I'm a little confused. The BR_SetArrangeView() seems to be pretty different than GetSet_ArrangeView2().

GetSet_ArrangeView2() takes into consideration the width of the arrange portion of the screen (int screen_x_start, int screen_x_end), so depending on how these two values relate to the real-estate taken up the TCP, start and end values may be slightly off.

With BR_SetArrangeView(), I can "sometimes" get the start or end times to jump to exact values:

0:32.447
0:34.447
0:36.447
0:38.447

I really don't understand how to use this. All i'd like to do is get the extent of the arrange view to be confined to a specific length.

arrange start time = 4
arrange end time = 8
Samelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #120
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samelot View Post
GetSet_ArrangeView2() takes into consideration the width of the arrange portion of the screen (int screen_x_start, int screen_x_end), so depending on how these two values relate to the real-estate taken up the TCP, start and end values may be slightly off.
That's why we take arrange rect and pass it to GetSet_ArrangeView2()

I have no idea why this happens to you, but when playing long enough with BR_SetArrangeView() I too see that it starts to become inaccurate in certain cases, but I just can't seem to replicate it reliably.
Could you supply us with an example project (and some simple script) that displays the issue 100% ?