Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Space Boy
Human being with feelings

Default Convo Boy - The problem with Reaper....

I investigated why Convo Boy freezes Reaper. I found that if you use the "Load IR" button to load impulse responses then there is no problem. However, if you click on a file in the file list, then it freezes.

I managed to locate the problem to the FileListBox component that is used to create and display the IR list. Even with no events connected to it, clicking on the filelist box causes Reaper to freeze. Since the FileListBox is a standard Delphi VCL component, and works fine in EVERY other host, I concluded that the misbehaviour must lie within Reaper itself. I simply cannot find a way to fix it or make an exception for Reaper.

BTW, this is not the first time that I have had problems with Reaper's handling of the GUI from plug-ins.

Somebody from Reaper development, please feel free to download the Convo Boy demo and try and figure out why Reaper objects to the standard FileListBox component. If you eventually find it is something I need to fix, I'll be happy to oblige. As for now, the ball is in Reaper's court on this one.
Space Boy is offline   Reply With Quote