Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
Jidis
Human being with feelings

Default Unknown ASIO sample type (98SE/Lexicon)

Hi,

I've been eager to check out Reaper, mainly on hearing of it's impressive minimum requirements and Windows98 support. For some reason however, it was never able to initialize the soundcard on the machine I tried it on. This was an Asus CUSL2-C board (815e chipset IIRC) with a Celeron II 1100, running a Lexicon Core2 PCI card under 98SE.

With the Core2's ASIO driver selected in Reaper's prefs, I get an error of-

Error creating audio: Unknown ASIO sample type(27)

All the i/o names and all seem to be available. FWIW, the other driver selections didn't work either. I think DirectSound hangs on playback (requiring a force quit) and Wave Out just sits still after initiating playback. The card works fine in Nuendo 1.6 (ASIO) and it is frequently used for non-ASIO apps (WinAmp/MediaPlayer) with no trouble either. I've tried the last 2.12 drivers for it, as well as the "never really released" version 2.13. This was with standard 44.1/16bit .wav audio.

Am I missing something, or is it just likely that this particular device is a "no go" with Reaper?

Thanks!

George

PS- Please let me know if there were any crucial details missing there.

**Also- Just noticed the new build, but didn't see any related info in the change log. I'll take that with me tonight just in case.
Jidis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Jidis
Human being with feelings

Justin has fixed this in the new build FWIW. (didn't want this thread to look unanswered )

Thanks!

George "proud owner of TWO Lexicon Core2 cards"
Jidis is offline   Reply With Quote