Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #81
Nystagmus
Human being with feelings

Default We need more current info in 2014...

Three years later (than 2011)... Can we please get an update on:

Where to get the most recent version of WineASIO that REAPER is compatible with? (some of the old links are dead or irrelevant now)

Which version of JACK is needed for WineASIO?
Which version of Wine is needed and what distro it comes with?
How to install WineASIO in modern times on a modern distro?

Please update this thread for 2014+ THANKS!
Nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:12 AM   #82
JohanBlome

I am running KX Studio in Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS with kernel: 3.13.0-39-lowlatency 64bit

Reaper version is 4.401 with wine 1.6.2.

Before I had some problems with certain plugins (FabFilter) but now I can run their latest plugins without problem. I also run plugins from Voxengo, OvertoneDSP (former linuxDSP) and ValhalDsp.
Working great with good graphics and good responsiveness. My only complain is that there is something with the text rendition which makes it to have too much contrast and thus straining my eyes a bit.

An easy start is just to install KX Studio and reaper. I did not do any speciell modifications - it just ran out of the box.
Johan
JohanBlome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #83
vlig

In Open File dialog box there are no "Up" button and adress bar. And directory tree is not showing current folder.
I have to use ".." in File Name field to move up in directory tree.

Simply wine explorer standalone has it.
Any suggestions?

Arch Linux, Plasma 5, wine-staging. All is up to date.
vlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #84
pdechery

Default Updates?

Hi all,

I would really love to get an updated version of this thread. I'm a Ubuntu user since 2015 and have recently bought a new machine (Dell Inspiron 3647) with Ubuntu 16.04 installed.

I do not have any plans to go back to Windows, not even having it in a partition (actually I pretty much hate Windows). So the "Wine" solution seems the best for me. Unfortunately I fear the information on the original post is way too outdated, and since having Reaper on Linux doesn't seem to be an easy task, I'd rather start at least having the most up-to-date info.

That being said I congratulate the author for his generosity in sharing such valuable information in a simple way.

Cheers,

Pierre Dechery
pdechery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:40 AM   #85
mikeypee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdechery View Post
Hi all,

I would really love to get an updated version of this thread. I'm a Ubuntu user since 2015 and have recently bought a new machine (Dell Inspiron 3647) with Ubuntu 16.04 installed.

I do not have any plans to go back to Windows, not even having it in a partition (actually I pretty much hate Windows). So the "Wine" solution seems the best for me. Unfortunately I fear the information on the original post is way too outdated, and since having Reaper on Linux doesn't seem to be an easy task, I'd rather start at least having the most up-to-date info.

That being said I congratulate the author for his generosity in sharing such valuable information in a simple way.

Cheers,

Pierre Dechery
I'm running Ubuntu Studio and the stock wine+jackd from the normal repos work totally fine if you follow that tutorial on KXStudio (http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/) somewhere. The hardest part for me was understanding how the hell to use the qjackctl program alongside a DAW. Oh, and I run wine under a different user account just in case they invent a windows-under-wine compatible virus one day lol
Old 10-27-2019, 04:41 AM   #86
TonE

Even wineasio is registered successfully in Reaper 32 bit, in wine 4, still audio input and output lists are empty, thus not usable. What else I could try? Ubuntu 16.04, in Ubuntu 14.04 everything was ok, after the update, this problem.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote