Old 08-02-2021, 05:04 PM   #1
s3len35
Human being with feelings

Default Automation Only Subprojects

I would like to organize a long duration project into a number of subprojects in a parent timeline without the subprojects ever being rendered as audio - as if they were played on their own timeline when their start time occurs on the parent timeline. I know rendering can be disabled when working on subprojects, but I never want them rendered so that live synthesis and automation manipulation (of plug-ins) can be performed.

The “Play stopped background projects with active project” option can nearly allow this workflow, but the start and end markers of the subprojects must be set relative to the timeline of the parent project. What’s desired is that time 0 of any subproject playback would be at its starting position in a parent timeline. I also don't want to be required to open the subprojects in tabs from the parent project in order for them to load and play their automation sequences.

Ultimately, this is merely a visual / organizational desire. The goal is to ease navigation and editing of very large projects beyond what is provided by collapsed Folders and Regions.

Is this already possible or is this a feature request?
s3len35 is offline   Reply With Quote