Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 05-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #41
skmando
Human being with feelings

"Consolidate (Alt+Shift+3) your tracks in PT from the session start"

ok this not working for me. Is it different shortcut on Pro Tools on mac?

Forgive my ignorance, but what does colsolidating the trck do? does it men creating an audio file copy of it with the edits rendered?

Not a vast amount of experience in transferring to and from Pro Tools. Most projects I work on are almost exclusively audio, so I zero-bounce if I need to transfer it. This is really time comsuming so tend to avoid it if at all possible.
skmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #42
skmando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post

As a side note and a wee bit off topic, it's quite the big relief not to see this "Mac vs PC" crap here like we see on the DUC. Most of my own posts are right here in the OSX forum and I'm a PC user...and no one cares.

...and that's the way it should be.

Shane
lol. don't bite the hand that feeds you!

I have a few bits and pieces I'm finishing off for uni and work for the next week. Once that's done I'm wiping the macbook pro and setting it up dual boot with ubuntu studio, to take Reaper for a test in that! Will be interesting to see how it performs differently in two different operating systems on the same hardware.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #43
skmando

ok, unless I'm very much mistaken, consolidate does mean bounce down, and it's realtime, so no real advantage over zero-bouncing???

Anyway, in the interim I zero bounced a project and am playing about with it in Reaper at present.

Figured out video capture with sound as well, thanks heavens for the mbox's headphone socket and the trusty 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #44
Shan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmando View Post
...setting it up dual boot with ubuntu studio, to take Reaper for a test in that! Will be interesting to see how it performs differently in two different operating systems on the same hardware.
I myself like XP, OSX, W7 and a few various Linux distros out there including Ubuntu. Just your normal O.S. slut.

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:08 AM   #45
skmando

Default ...

ok, so this is all going swimmingly.....

Have actions as a tab in the dock. Nice. Now spending time perusing the various options I have.

Set up my first key shortcut! I flick from working with the laptop on the move and working from home, where I have a spare monitor and usually have it plugged in so separate screens for edit and mix window. So assigned a key stroke to make dock pop to and from the bottom of the main window. Very happy with that!

Ok, so is there a way of doing a whole list of things in one stroke? i.e. setting channel for reverb? Actions I would do like in one go would be:

1) Create a new track
2) name it reverb
3) load in reaverb into the track (and if possible a default ir)
4) setup sends from all other channels to the reverb channel at -inf dB.

If I could do this with one quick key that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Shane, videos coming, got distracted yesterday. Want to pick your brains about crossfades on multiple tracks of material pasted over an unsplit track. Video will probably be more clear. I'll be back on later.....

Last edited by skmando; 05-24-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:49 AM   #46
McTamara

Quote:

Ok, so is there a way of doing a whole list of things in one stroke? i.e. setting channel for reverb? Actions I would do like in one go would be:

1) Create a new track
2) name is reverb
3) load in reaverb into the track
4) setup sends from all other channels at - inf dB.

If I could do this with one quick key that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
I´m quite sure Shane will chime in here. His custom PT actions obviously use multiple commands as one.

For now I have used SWS "insert track from template" to quickly create an aux track with FX. You can save any track as a template.

Hit a key that you assigned to that SWS function, select the desired track template , say, "CSR Plate" that you have saved as a template , hit enter. Bingo.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #47
tak

Quote:
"Consolidate (Alt+Shift+3) your tracks in PT from the session start"

ok this not working for me. Is it different shortcut on Pro Tools on mac?

Forgive my ignorance, but what does colsolidating the trck do? does it men creating an audio file copy of it with the edits rendered?
I'm a little late in responding but I only just joined! Anyways if anyone still wanted to know, it's Option+Shift+3 on a mac. You have to select all the audio you want to consolidate, and this command basically joins them all up into a single file. It maintains the fades and edit points, but does not apply any automation to the new file.
tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #48
skmando

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak View Post
I'm a little late in responding but I only just joined! Anyways if anyone still wanted to know, it's Option+Shift+3 on a mac. You have to select all the audio you want to consolidate, and this command basically joins them all up into a single file. It maintains the fades and edit points, but does not apply any automation to the new file.
Hey, thanks for the reply - did manage to figure it out in the meantime - proved a very valuable tool for moving over a project from Pro Tools to Reaper.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #49
hagybear

hi

i can't seem to understand how to get the reaper rewire in my protools plugin list ?

please help
hagybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #50
CaptainHook

I found this confusing at first too on Mac and it took some searching to finally discover that you need to turn on "check for rewire mixer/device on startup" in Reaper pref's -> plugins -> rewire (i have everything turned on in that window). Then restart Reaper. Now start up PT and it should be available as a plugin. If not, try what Adam suggested about "add "ReWire: REAPER" as an effect to a track" in Reaper, then start up Pro Tools again.