Old 12-07-2023, 02:20 AM   #841
Ideosound
Human being with feelings

I love this script so much, use it daily when opening Reaper, thank you for making it. Is there any way to disable or remove the drop shadow effect on the text? Mainly on the project path section as it doesn't work so well on smaller text settings.

Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 09:04 AM   #842
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
I love this script so much, use it daily when opening Reaper, thank you for making it.
Thanks. You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Is there any way to disable or remove the drop shadow effect on the text? Mainly on the project path section as it doesn't work so well on smaller text settings.
In case of the statusbar label (that shows the project paths), it's possible by changing the highlighted value in the code (line 3606) from true to false:

true: draw a shadow
Quote:
GUI.New("main_statusbar", "Label", LayerIndex.Overlay, pad_left, GUI.h - (16 * RL.scaleFactor), "", true, 4)
false: don't draw a shadow
Quote:
GUI.New("main_statusbar", "Label", LayerIndex.Overlay, pad_left, GUI.h - (16 * RL.scaleFactor), "", false, 4)

EDIT:

I think this might be an oversight on my part that this value is set to true for the statusbar label, as all other "Label" elements have this value set to false. So thanks for bringing this to my attention.
The text elements on the right side in your screenshot are not from the same base type ("Label"), so I'll have to check those separately. Added to my list of possible improvements for a future update.

Last edited by solger; 12-10-2023 at 10:19 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 09:36 AM   #843
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
The text elements on the right side in your screenshot are not from the same base type ("Label"), so I'll have to check those separately. Added to my list of possible improvements for a future update.
Ok that would be great to be added to the next update if possible. I tried the code, changing it to 'false' which worked.. thanks
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:27 PM   #844
J Riley Hill

Quote:
I have occasionally encountered this behavior. But I don't know what exactly causes it or whether it's a combination of several specific things happening at the exact same time. Closing and starting ReaLauncher again once is usually enough to get it working again.

Let me know in case it happens again. Thanks.
Will Do! so far hasn't happened again.
J Riley Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:11 AM   #845
solger

Small update to start the new year:
Quote:
version 2.5.4
+ General: Changed the default double click behavior setting for new installs from 'Show prompt' to 'Load'
+ Project Lists: Bugfix to consider file extensions in both upper and lower case when accessing files (.rpl and .RPL)
+ Tabs: Bugfix for using the mousewheel to scroll through the tabs
+ UI: Improvements in the display of some label texts
Old 01-19-2024, 06:19 PM   #846
Aikido123

Default Some issues with ReaLauncher I'm having

Hi Solger,
I like what you've done here and I would like to use ReaLauncher more but I'm having some troublesome issues I was wondering if you or anyone else might have some insight into.
I'm using V2.5.2

1. My Recent Projects list is sorting by some unknown to me criteria where my recent projects are on the list, but I can find no setting that puts them in the most recently used order. Both with path enabled and without. I would assume that Last is the Refresh setting I should be using. The attached image shows what that gives me. The actual last project I worked on is called junk2 and it sits in the middle of the list. Any idea what's going on here? All recent projects worked on are somewhere in the middle of the list instead of on top.
Also, I can't find any info on how to utilize Project Lists. I have several project lists defined using the SWS extensions. Shouldn't I expect them to be displayed here? Or, can I create new project lists in ReaLauncher and load them from there?
Same for the Projects tab and the Backups tab. How are these to be utilized?

For the Track Templates tab, I would suggest implementing a Tree in order to visualize the directory structure for a complex set of track templates on the hard drive. As it is, it's difficult to work with.

Thanks for any help
Attached Images
File Type: png Reaper Screenshot 2024-01-20 071415.png (90.3 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Aikido123; 01-20-2024 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Add Image
Aikido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 08:12 AM   #847
Coachz

I have tabs at the top that are past the right of the window. How to get the tabs to scroll to be visible please?

Also now Realauncher is filling my entire screen and won't resize smaller on win11. ideas ?

Coachz Repo

Last edited by Coachz; 01-20-2024 at 08:27 AM.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 08:08 AM   #848
Coachz

I tried uninstalling it, deleting all files and reinstalling but it's till overflowing the screen where I can't even get to the options button on the bottom. What made this so huge and how to fix it ?

Coachz Repo
Old 01-22-2024, 08:47 AM   #849
cfillion

Try deleting the [solger_ReaLauncher] section in reaper-extstate.ini to erase the script's settings.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 09:25 AM   #850
Coachz

That fixed it cifillion. Thanks so much.
Any idea how to get mousewheel scroll to pull in the hidden tabs ?

Coachz Repo
Old 01-22-2024, 11:16 AM   #851
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Any idea how to get mousewheel scroll to pull in the hidden tabs ?
Tab positions are fixed. There's currently no dynamic menu to pull in hidden tabs.

However, it's still possible to select (hidden) tabs via the following ways:
  • Using left-click (if the tab header is visible)
  • Using the right-click menu of the tabstrip area
  • Using the mousewheel on the tab to scroll through them
  • Using the key shortcuts (see the 'Help' tab for more info)

Another option would be to use Dropdown instead of Tabstrip as Tab selector style (Options > Layout/Colors: Tab selector style)

Quote:
Also now Realauncher is filling my entire screen and won't resize smaller on win11. ideas ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz
I tried uninstalling it, deleting all files and reinstalling but it's till overflowing the screen where I can't even get to the options button on the bottom. What made this so huge and how to fix it ?
Thanks to cfillion for the help to solve this issue

In case it happens again in the future, other things to try is using the [F10], [F11] and [F12] function keys to scale the windows size down/up.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:21 AM   #852
Coachz

Thanks for the information and reply. That helps a lot

Coachz Repo
Old 01-22-2024, 11:43 AM   #853
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikido123 View Post
Hi Solger,
I like what you've done here and I would like to use ReaLauncher more but I'm having some troublesome issues I was wondering if you or anyone else might have some insight into.
I'm using V2.5.2
Hi and thanks for the questions.

Quote:
1. My Recent Projects list is sorting by some unknown to me criteria where my recent projects are on the list, but I can find no setting that puts them in the most recently used order. Both with path enabled and without. I would assume that Last is the Refresh setting I should be using. The attached image shows what that gives me. The actual last project I worked on is called junk2 and it sits in the middle of the list. Any idea what's going on here? All recent projects worked on are somewhere in the middle of the list instead of on top.
The first (and last) option lists the recent project entries in the (reverse) order as they are stored in the reaper.ini config file. If something is off, clearing the entire list once should help to solve the issue.
This can be done the following ways:
  • In ReaLauncher: via right-click menu in the recent project list and choosing 'Clear entire list'
  • In Reaper's Preferences > General: using the 'Clear recent project list' option in the [Recent project list display] button

Side note: I can see from your screenshot that you have the SWS extensions installed. Additional installation of the js_ReaScriptAPI extension (via ReaPack) provides some additional features like sorting by date.

Quote:
Also, I can't find any info on how to utilize Project Lists. I have several project lists defined using the SWS extensions. Shouldn't I expect them to be displayed here? Or, can I create new project lists in ReaLauncher and load them from there?
Same for the Projects tab and the Backups tab. How are these to be utilized?
Paths to one or multiple folders can be set in Options > Paths. The supported file types for each tab are:
  • Project Templates (.rpp) *
  • Track Templates (.rtracktemplate) *
  • Projects (.rpp)
  • Project Lists (.rpl)
  • Backups (.rpp-bak)
  • Docs (.pdf)
* Specified folder paths for these two tabs are scanned in addition to the default template folder locations.

Currently .RPL lists (created with SWS extensions) can only be read. However, I have a couple of things on my list which I'd like to implement when doing a bigger update in the future.

Quote:
For the Track Templates tab, I would suggest implementing a Tree in order to visualize the directory structure for a complex set of track templates on the hard drive. As it is, it's difficult to work with.
Thanks for the suggestion. Better visualization of the entries in the left panel is already on the feature request list (see post #2)

Let me know in case you have any further questions.

Last edited by solger; 01-23-2024 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added additional info
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:37 AM   #854
Coachz

I'm just starting to get into this very cool launcher and wonder if it would be possible to sort by A-Z including path or display the project folders they are in and let us drill down (preferred).

Thanks !

Coachz Repo
Old 02-03-2024, 04:57 AM   #855
solger

Quote:
I'm just starting to get into this very cool launcher and wonder if it would be possible to sort by A-Z including path or display the project folders they are in and let us drill down (preferred).
Thanks !
Just to clarify: are you referring to the (folder and subfolder) entries in the left panel?
Old 02-03-2024, 05:44 AM   #856
Coachz

Quote:
Just to clarify: are you referring to the (folder and subfolder) entries in the left panel?
I have a projects folder that contains a folder for each album. Inside each album folder are folders for each song and each contains its .RPP project file.

I set up the projects path to point to my projects directory and then in options when I enable the show left subpanel for projects it shows a long list of all of the RPP files and then at the bottom it shows the folders for each album.

Ideally I'd like to see just the album folders on the left and then when I click on one of those folders see the list of contained .rpp files on the right (one for each song). This view would persist each time I open realauncher to continue focus on the same album including scrolled to the folder on the left pane.

Also would it be possible to drag the tabs at the top or put the projects tab right next to the recent projects tab?

Thank you for the damn impressive launcher.

Coachz Repo

Last edited by Coachz; 02-03-2024 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 04:34 PM   #857
Coachz

Quote:
Hi Solger,

Thanks for any help
Agreed

Coachz Repo
Old 02-04-2024, 11:26 AM   #858
solger

Quote:
I have a projects folder that contains a folder for each album. Inside each album folder are folders for each song and each contains its .RPP project file.

I set up the projects path to point to my projects directory and then in options when I enable the show left subpanel for projects it shows a long list of all of the RPP files and then at the bottom it shows the folders for each album.

Ideally I'd like to see just the album folders on the left and then when I click on one of those folders see the list of contained .rpp files on the right (one for each song). This view would persist each time I open realauncher to continue focus on the same album including scrolled to the folder on the left pane.
Thanks for the clarification and the example. Yeah, there are definitely some things that can be improved in the left subpanel, which is something I want to consider when doing the next major update.

Quote:
Also would it be possible to drag the tabs at the top or put the projects tab right next to the recent projects tab?
This is currently not possible (v2.5.4), but rearranging and showing/hiding tabs is something I'd like to implement in the next major update.

Quote:
Thank you for the damn impressive launcher.
You're welcome!
Old 02-18-2024, 04:08 AM   #859
androo

Hello,
I've resumed using this excellent launcher specifically to make use of the "favorites". I came to ask if the tabs could be re-ordered and I see that question was also asked recently. I have followed the subsequent advice and switched to the dropdown menu for the same reasons as others. These UI changes would be a nice plus to the experience.

I was looking for a friendly way to group related projects and yours is the simplest. The SWS Project Lists and the "related projects" flows don't quite do it form me. I was also looking into the "Project manager" from Dragonetti. It has some nice metadata and other features but still isn't as simple as the Favorites.

I don't know if this is doable or interesting to you but I thought that if your tabs could be extendable to make multiple "favorites" or rather re-nameable "project" tabs, that would be my ideal.

I see now that we can select multiple projects in Favorites open them in tabs to set up both the SWS Project Lists or the Related Projects. Makes it easy to set up these other options.

Many thanks for this super useful script,
Androo
androo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 04:34 AM   #860
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by androo View Post
The SWS Project Lists and the "related projects" flows don't quite do it form me.
There is also this new script by BirdBird: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=288275.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 04:49 AM   #861
androo

Nice, thanks! That will be helpful in using the lists. If only these different tools could unify...that'd be amazing.
androo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 10:10 AM   #862
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by androo View Post
I don't know if this is doable or interesting to you but I thought that if your tabs could be extendable to make multiple "favorites" or rather re-nameable "project" tabs, that would be my ideal
Hi Androo,

thanks for the post and the suggestion. I'll add this one to the idea list.
Old 02-26-2024, 05:15 AM   #863
tkna

Default Change tab name display to left-aligned

I am terribly sorry, but could you please make the tab name display left-aligned?
The tab name display is centered, so the window needs to be larger to display all tabs.
Screenshot: https://0x0.st/HRKg.png
tkna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:46 AM   #864
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkna View Post
I am terribly sorry, but could you please make the tab name display left-aligned?
The tab name display is centered, so the window needs to be larger to display all tabs.
I'll have to check if this is something that can be easily changed, as some things are predefined by the Tabs class of Lokasenna's GUI library that is used.

Currently, I'm planning to make some changes to the Tabs as part of the next major update. But I don't know yet when this will be ready for release as I don't have much free time for coding at the moment.
Two options you can try in the meantime:
  • Making the window smaller and selecting a (hidden) tab via the right-click menu or by key shortcut (see Help tab)
  • Changing the Tab Selector Style in Options > Layout/Colors from 'Tabstrip to 'Dropdown'
Old 03-09-2024, 11:38 PM   #865
Bruceqld

I Have just installed Realuncher. Unfortunately the double click action does not work on any tab. It is set to Load under options, but the only way to load anything is to select it then click the load button. Any ideas on how to solve this?
Bruceqld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 03:36 AM   #866
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceqld View Post
I Have just installed Realuncher. Unfortunately the double click action does not work on any tab. It is set to Load under options, but the only way to load anything is to select it then click the load button. Any ideas on how to solve this?
Try if adjusting the double click speed value in the Core.lua file of Lokasenna's GUI library helps, as mentioned in this post: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=488
Old 03-10-2024, 07:47 AM   #867
Bruceqld

Perfect! Thanks so much Solger. You know you are getting old when you have to reduce click speed values
Bruceqld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 04:37 AM   #868
tkna

Quote:
I'll have to check if this is something that can be easily changed, as some things are predefined by the Tabs class of Lokasenna's GUI library that is used.

Currently, I'm planning to make some changes to the Tabs as part of the next major update. But I don't know yet when this will be ready for release as I don't have much free time for coding at the moment.
Two options you can try in the meantime:
  • Making the window smaller and selecting a (hidden) tab via the right-click menu or by key shortcut (see Help tab)
  • Changing the Tab Selector Style in Options > Layout/Colors from 'Tabstrip to 'Dropdown'
ok, thanks!
tkna is offline   Reply With Quote