Old 04-23-2016, 01:08 AM   #1
timboid
Human being with feelings

Default Latch and Loop

Hi everybody!
I am trying to streamline my automation technique and better incorporate my controller. What I want to do is to set basic levels on a certain part of a song and then go to other sections and adjust levels for them.
I figured I can do this in latch mode, my idea was to loop the part that needs adjustment, and if I make an adjustment latch would overwrite existing automation but it would always would start from the initial level (that's why write does not work correctly for that). After that I can do more detailed rides in touch mode.
So far so good.
But I get to a problem in that if I loop the section the automation would let go out of latch on each start of the loop. I kinda get the logic behind that, but is there a way around that in the settings somewhere? There are workarounds (quickly going into write after I found the levels, grabbing all faders which I moved before the end of the loop so it would start writing from the start, using the new automation actions) but if it could be done in the setup, it would be cool.
timboid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #2
timboid

Just found a good workaround -- there are actions to set all tracks to a certain automation mode. So after I got the mix for the part in latch I can set all tracks to write and it would write to the whole loop. Just need to remind myself to go out of write if I change a selection.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
RobinGShore

The setting you're looking for is in the automation section of the preferences:

RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
timboid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
The setting you're looking for is in the automation section of the preferences:

Woah! Thanks a million! Somehow looked right through it!