Old 07-19-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
metallicaguy1
Human being with feelings

Default Two clean tests, one good, one no so

Attached are two clean guitar tracks I did. The 1 cleantest sounds wonderful to my ears. The second sounds 'okay,' but rather wishy washy. The first was done when the battery in my guitar was almost dead. The second is done with a newer battery.

The first sounds so much cleaner, clearer and crisper, IMO. I'm trying like hell to recreate it, but can't seem to no matter what I do. (same pups/bridge/vst/everything. Unless it's just the battery, I dunno)

https://soundcloud.com/troy-ray-mccombs/timesong1

https://soundcloud.com/troy-ray-mccombs/timesong3

What do you think?
metallicaguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #2
BCF1
Human being with feelings

I like the tone in both bits, there's a nice quality to each though that quality is different for each.......?????? WTF ?? That comment is retarded and not helpful but it's crackin me up so I'm leaving it... I don't know what other guys do but I think you need a notebook or a word templet, something that you can quickly make note of every little setting your using even the enviornmental conditions at the particular time of the session. From the knobs on the guitar, the interface, sims, etc.. the temperature, humidity, what direction your chair is facing and if you burpped, farted, haven't showered for 4 days or did a bong hit. If you did a bong hit how many minutes before recording was it ? All that shit needs to be known to recreate a momment and a sound......I personnally don't do any of that shit..well except burb and fart. I'm constantly wasting time trying to dial in the sound I "will totally remember" or resetting the settings "I'm not even gonna touch" only to end up re-recording shit cause the tones don't match up. It SUCKS !!! OK maybe I do, do a bong hit from time to time..What was I rambling on about ???? bong hits, B.O ?????????? Oh yeah, Track sheets, notebooks or whatever ??? Document everything, come up with a way that is easy for you and efficient. It will become second nature and you will be productive and happy......... Far out huh? Now go shower...BCF1
BCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote