Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
chrisharbin
Human being with feelings

Default melodyne and reaper

*sigh*

I'll admit, I got all excited about that "other" host having certain MD features at first. I also realize it will probably be a while (if ever) before reap gets that built in.) I'm not really excited about "that" host so far so I'm not sure I care about the excellent melodyne integration presently.

So what about the plug in in general? If someone was to buy the version of melodyne that had the ability to change (let's say guitar chords) is there something I should know? Stability, usability?

I know there is a demo but I'd really like to get some feedback if possible
chrisharbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
planetnine

I would like an update on this too, please...

I know there were problems, and MD did class REAPER as an unsupported host. Has this all been sorted with recent updates or is the combination still problematic?

>
Old 11-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
bleakerthanyou

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but I have the Melodyne Editor and I have used it extensively as a standalone application, but as of REAPER v4.02 I still experienced spontaneous crashing when using it as a VST on say, a vocal track.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but just last night I used it as a vst on only a small segment of a wav, and I ended up running 3 instances of it on 3 tracks without incident.

I just make sure I save right before calling it up as a vst fx.
bleakerthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Alistair S

I've hesitated to answer because I have had issues in the past (mostly to do with the transfer of audio and having to keep restarting it).

However, on the latest versions of both Reaper and Melodyne, I have had no problems whatsoever.

Caveat: I haven't used it extensively recently.
Alistair S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
chrisharbin

That is what worries me. I keep hearing people with stability issues from all over (and certainly not limited to reaper)
Old 11-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
bleakerthanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisharbin View Post
That is what worries me. I keep hearing people with stability issues from all over (and certainly not limited to reaper)
I wouldn't be too worried. If you really want to use melodyne, you can always use it as a standalone application. I've done that quite a lot, and it eliminates any compatibility issues.

You could just render your track dry and open it in the Standalone melodyne editor. I often save my Reaper session and close it out so that Reaper and Melodyne aren't fighting for my ASIO driver, but it's not too much hassle. The Melodyne editor is a great tool.
bleakerthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
chrisharbin

http://www.celemony.com/userforum/se...&submit=Search

??????????
Old 11-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #8
ivansc

So after eight PAGES of requests for help with Reaper and Melodyne, this clown Claudio claims he never heard of Reaper, or was I reading the thread backwards?

Either way I don`t see switching from AT to Melodyne now.

What a bizarre company.....
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #9
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
So after eight PAGES of requests for help with Reaper and Melodyne, this clown Claudio claims he never heard of Reaper, or was I reading the thread backwards?

Either way I don`t see switching from AT to Melodyne now.

What a bizarre company.....
Actually, I think that is backwards LOL! But still, I've decided to hold off on the demo for the time being. These guys don't seem to be in need of customers and I'm not worried about it that much. Thought it could be kinda fun to see what could happen to certain chords and passages and shift them around a bit.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #10
DeyBwah

MD works flawlessly for me in REAPER.

Except on RARE occasion where transfer doesn't appear to work. The simple task of taking the plug off-line then on-line usually fixes it.
HDSPe | D-Box | MP500-NV | Essence | Obsidian | SM57 | Beta52 | Equi=Tech | CMS40 | HS80 w/HS10W http://soundcloud.com/deybwah | http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeyBwah/208627672487538 | http://twitter.com/#!/DeyBwah

Last edited by DeyBwah; 11-11-2011 at 01:02 PM.
DeyBwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Marah Mag

I tested the demo of Melodyne 'plugin' (IIRC that's what 'editor' was called once upon a time) with Reaper on XP before I bought it and it worked fine. Got a free upgrade to editor when the DNA feature was added, and it too worked well on XP.

After moving to Windows 7, I've lots of instability with it. See links below for my tales of woe. But basically, currently, I put off using it, and when I do use it, I expect to crash at any moment, though it if makes it through the transfer stage, stability improves, somewhat.

My experience has thus been mixed. But my computer is somewhat underpowered to be running Windows 7 for DAW purposes to begin with. Which helps temper my current disappointment w MD.

Relatively light project are less of a problem. I sometimes make sub-projects to work with MD... eg, a mix (or stems) of everything less the track to be MD'ed, the latter then brought into the sub where melodyne will have some breathing room. This is preferable to me than using MD in standalone mode would be.

I do wish I could just run MD without giving it a second thought. It's a really nice device. Much more than just tuning, as was mentioned above.

(I need a new computer. )
Marah Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
DeyBwah

Quote:
Actually, I think that is backwards LOL! But still, I've decided to hold off on the demo for the time being. These guys don't seem to be in need of customers and I'm not worried about it that much. Thought it could be kinda fun to see what could happen to certain chords and passages and shift them around a bit.
Just noticed your post count Chris... At one point early this year, we were neck and neck.

..........how's the music production coming along?
HDSPe | D-Box | MP500-NV | Essence | Obsidian | SM57 | Beta52 | Equi=Tech | CMS40 | HS80 w/HS10W http://soundcloud.com/deybwah | http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeyBwah/208627672487538 | http://twitter.com/#!/DeyBwah
DeyBwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
Just noticed your post count Chris... At one point early this year, we were neck and neck.

..........how's the music production coming along?
Not so well :lol: Maybe too much posting???

How bout you?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #14
chrisharbin

I'll bump this back up since version 2 is out now.

Any changes or is MD still saying no reaper support?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
I'll bump this back up since version 2 is out now.

Any changes or is MD still saying no reaper support?
I downloaded it today and visited Celemony site: nothing, they do not support REAPER yet The first time I inserted the plug-in in REAPER, just to register it, I got the infamous "messed up GUI" with blank parts, sigh.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I downloaded it today and visited Celemony site: nothing, they do not support REAPER yet The first time I inserted the plug-in in REAPER, just to register it, I got the infamous "messed up GUI" with blank parts, sigh.
haha, we're talking on two forums.

That's all I needed to hear, thank you
Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
haha, we're talking on two forums.

That's all I needed to hear, thank you
LOL so you are hib.... the internet is a small town
Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #18
chrisharbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
LOL so you are hib.... the internet is a small town
Who? Why, that guy is a (censored)

Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #19
ikemhla

Default Melodyne and Reaper

Hi,

My plugin works no crashes.

IN REAPER!!!
1, Install plugin on track
2, Two pages come on to the screen
a) One shows the Routing ie Play or Transfer
b) The other shows the 8 channels with faders Once you click the UI drop down menu.

Top Fader is for setting Play or Transfer. Set as required for channel.
Bottom 8 faders are for the channels, Select channel for required track
Click to bring up the editor and save Mellodyne session.

Put 8 instances of Mellodyne on 8 tracks and set each track for transfer as above.

If you activate transfer the Editor Tracks without doing it in the Drop down menu, Transfer will be deactivated.

ReaRoute

I personally use ReaRoute. Sync Mellodyne to Reaper and transfer tracks to Mellodyne. Once tracks are in Mellodyne I reset Audio Transfer as From Mellodyne Back to Reaper. The two programs run in sync and I do the editing i Melodyne in real time. When I am finished I transfer the tracks into Reaper. Render as Mono/Stereo Tracks.

Regards

Ike
ikemhla is offline   Reply With Quote