Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
Patriots2007
Human being with feelings

Default Using Ample Bass Lite ll with Reaper

I have downloaded and installed the Ample bass lite plugin into reaper and it shows up in the list of available plugins. I cannot record with it however. It appears I have to use my synth software, then after recording remove the synth and add the ample plugin as an effect in order to use it. I get a signal to the daw but it will not record. I think it is because I cannot figure out a way to use my midi controller with the bass plugin. I have to play the plugins virtual keyboard to get sound. Any thoughts
Thanks Rich
Patriots2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
SoundGuyDave

1) make sure your controller and the plug are on the same MIDI channel. I know, I know, BUT, that's caught me out before!

2) Make sure you're playing within a valid key range. IIRC (this is from memory, I'm on the road at the moment), the lowest note that this plug will respond to is E3, so if your controller is outputting in the C0 range, the plug won't fire.

3) Make sure the track is set to record, has record monitor enabled, and is also set for MIDI input from your controller.
SoundGuyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
Patriots2007

Thank you, I will look into your suggestions. I will let you know how I make out.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #4
Patriots2007

After checking and confirming that everything was set up properly I still could not record with Ample Bass II lite. I had to use a bass synth sound, record the midi track than change the plugin to Ample bass. I do not see anyway to connect the controller to Ample bass directly like I do with Arturia Lab 3 synth.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:57 AM   #5
JonnySwell

Default Ample M-Lite Bass

I have the same problem as Patriots2007. I can choose a specific channel for the vst and the same channel for my keyboard, or I can choose all channels, but it never works. So the hammer on effect cannot be duplicated by playing my keyboard or by playing the vst keyboard on the screen.

If anyone knows a fix that would be great. Not ready to spring for the big bucks for the full guitar and full bass just yet, hope I can get some help.
By the way, it is clear the octave count is off. I had to move UP to the C7 instead of the C6 to get in the range of the effects. I can add the effects by writing in the midi, but I really need the vst to pick up the keyboard signal.

Thanks for any ideas.
JonnySwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:14 PM   #6
custom 22

you can use the midi edit function.... bit tediousmbut it works, and ample,bass sounds verymgood.
custom 22 is offline   Reply With Quote