Old 10-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #1
Hypex
Human being with feelings

Default Introducing HotSpot Copy and Paste.

Hello there.

I have here a HotSpot Copy and Paste.

Copy an item or time selection and remember cursor position as hot spot.

This allows you to copy an item or time selection relative to the cursor position. If you wish to copy an item surrounding a beat and paste it around another beat this will allow you to do this. It's useful for when the song tempo varies.

Two scripts are provided. One for HotSpot Copy and the other for HotSpot Paste. I find it useful to bind the scripts to a toolbar button.

A time selection can be made or an item can be selected. Place the cursor where you would like the hot spot to be. And run the HotSpotCopy action to copy it. Now place the cursor to where you want your hot spot paste to be at. And run the HotSpotPaste action. Voila! It was pasted around the hot spot. :-)

It's useful for when you have a variable tempo and wish to copy a sound, that could be that a vocal or guitar, but want the timing to be matched to where the beat starts.

There's likely other ways of doing this but I find being able to simply press a button to have it done automates the process easily.

Simply open your Reaper resource folder and copy the files in. Then attach the scripts to how you like. One script will copy. The other script will paste.

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/34588/HotSpotCopy.zip
Hypex is offline   Reply With Quote