Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 11-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #81
Tim Rideout
Human being with feelings

Hello Media Explorer experts...

I am searching for the location of the Media Explorer Database. When I copy the folder "MediaDB" to another location (a separate install for example) I cannot see all my databases. Perhaps there is another file I must sync? Is there a work-around, such as exporting the dB?

I would really like to know where the dB is located...

thanks!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #82
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rideout View Post
Hello Media Explorer experts...

I am searching for the location of the Media Explorer Database. When I copy the folder "MediaDB" to another location (a separate install for example) I cannot see all my databases. Perhaps there is another file I must sync? Is there a work-around, such as exporting the dB?

I would really like to know where the dB is located...

thanks!
Hi Tim,

I might be wrong but I think an easy way to do it is to do a full export of your config (via top page in the preferences) and then do an import of just the library part of that config save.

That worked for me on bringing over my reaper settings to my new computer.

Not sure where it actually is though. On a PC is probably accessed in the "\AppData\Roaming\Reaper" area if you're on PC which you can get to by typing in "%appdata% into your address bar at the top.

Not sure where on Mac..
Old 10-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #83
nocturn

fishslap:

ooooo! you said if i have "start on bar" selected in media explorer selected and move around with alt, what im hearing is what will be when i insert the media into the project. thats so exciting! ive NEEDED this feature for so long...there is no way to do this, or was no way, but i cant seem to get what youre saying to work.
ill have a preview looped and in sync the way i want it to be in the project, and thats where the fun ends. the best way so far has been for me to record the output to a selected track, but theres latency and the recorded version is late. in fact, each repetition is a little later then the previous. anyway, its a tiny amount, enough to loose the sync but not enough so that i loose my hair nudging along trying to find the same spot. the exact spot though, never...so please reiterate, how do i go about it? theres nothing like hitting a perfect sync, a tick this way or that and its gone. this is the only thing i hate about reaper. everything else has this with ease...wtf totally kills workflow/inspiration/spark/life and somehow, over the years of me posting about it whenever i cant take it anymore, nothing has changed. meanwhile its pretty freakin fundemental. i just want to preview to be a real preview and not a peak through a crack at a shape thats an orange but ill never really know for sure. sry, little ranty..
nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote