Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
DBMusic
Human being with feelings

Default Track Locking

A problem inherent to using a mouse click to select a track is that you always need to be careful of where you click. Far more times than I'm comfortable with I've been busy navigating tracks only to realize at some point, when the audio starts sounding screwy, that I've inadvertently clicked a volume or pan slider, or clicked a folder icon and have screwed up my parent/child folder hierarchy. There are lots of reasons we select tracks...to either view something, reposition it, or execute some further action...without ever intending to alter the audio in any way.

IMO, being able to quickly lock/unlock a track so you could safely click anywhere on the track control without changing anything that would affect the audio would be a useful feature. You could also include the option to lock all media items on the track along with locking just the control. The locking could further be confined to just the volume fader, pan adjustment, and the folders.

The idea is just to lock the track in a way to prevent inadvertently clicking on any part of the control that affects the audio.

Regards,

DB